7plus not working on Sony Android TV

My Sony KD55X8500E is not picking up 7plus. All the other catch up channels are working fine.

Apparently a few Sony owners are having this issue since the name changed from Plus7.

Does anyone know of a fix?

It's rather disappointing to find out my new TV just happens to be one brand that won't pick up a popular station's app.

s

11 hours ago, aasza said:

@StephenSLR

Does it have the latest Firmware update that Sony released on the 12th Of September ?

Software is up to date; I did download one update since I got it.

10 hours ago, ~Spyne~ said:

Have you done a channel rescan?

Yes, just now and thanks to that I lost all my faves, lol.

App still no worky.

Are you two saying that your 7plus now works on your Sony after an update/rescan?

9 hours ago, Jeddie said:

Have you asked Sony?

Not yet. I assumed that Sony were watching the following link where people as recent as four days ago have complained of this, however the URL would suggest it's a US Sony forum?

https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00004NZlxZSAT/since-tv-channel7-changed-name-from-plus7-to-7plus-i-ost-the-channel7-app-from-my-sony-bravia-kdl42w800a-tvnow-i-cant-watch-7plus-catch-up-tvhow-do-i-get-tv-channel7-back-on-my-sony-bravia-kdl42w800a-tv?language=en_US

I checked the help feature on my TV, it suggested switching to Auto Date and Time when online, which I did.

App still no worky.

I'll try contacting Sony via Sony-asia.com, which was also suggested in the Help feature.

Looking through Help there is a section on how to install apps in which step 1. is to go to the Google Play Store and install some apps from there; Google Play Store app no worky either.

I notice that a few of the 'Featured Apps' don't work.

I realise there is regional differences, etc. but it is real sucky that, for whatever reason, the TV doesn't work as the manufacturer originally intended.

s

Edited by StephenSLR

11 hours ago, Bugs said:

My Sony 55X 9000F, 3 weeks old, also does not pick up 7Plus, but  Brisbane7 twice as well as HD, 7 TWO, 7 Mate, 7flix

You may want to jump in on my thread to Sony, if enough people have this issue they may implement a fix in the next update.

https://ap.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00004w3zqISAQ/7plus-and-other-apps-not-working-on-sony-android-tv?language=en_US

Is anyone here with a Sony Android able to get the Google Play Store?

s

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ~Spyne~ said:

You could try a factory reset

Thanks a million!

7plus now works.

After losing my favourite channels it didn't bother me to lose what few settings I had so I did the reset.

When I first purchased the TV I didn't have Wifi so I may have skipped a few crucial steps or disabled something I shouldn't've. This time I logged into Google from the startup procedure and now I also have the Google Play Store working. I also chose to enable Samba interactive TV.

When I first clicked 7plus it switched on and off as it previously did but this time after fading off it went to Google Plus and I had to accept it from there.

s

• Like 1

Going through the settings I went into location and notice Google Play has requested my location. Perhaps having my location switched off prior to the reset was stopping Google Play from working as it requires location to proceed?

Just a thought.

I can also now see my Google account in Accounts whereas it previously wasn't there.

s

Edited by StephenSLR

On 10/10/2018 at 8:00 AM, Bugs said:

My Sony 55X 9000F, 3 weeks old, also does not pick up 7Plus

Have you tried logging into Google Play?  I think the issue is that 7plus is now a Google Play app whereas the other stations catch up apps are independent.

s

Edited by StephenSLR