SOLD: FS: NAIM CDX2 Mk1

SOLD

Item: Naim CDX2 Mk1
Price: $2,200 OBO (+ buyer pays paypal fees and shipping fees)
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: change of direction
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, direct credit
Extra Info:  This cd player was bought from Audio Genesis in Sydney so it will have the full support of a local dealer if required (I'm not expecting that it would).  Also the replacement laser mechanism is readily available if required.  I am rarely playing CD these days with vinyl and Tidal so I thought I would list it and see if there is any interest.  The player is in excellent condition as is all of my gear, smoke free home and rarely used.  This player plays HDCD which is a treat if you have some discs, it takes the music to an even higher level.

The original remote control is included.

I do have the original packaging and transit bolt so shipping is possible but would need to be fully insured.

There are lots of reviews so google them and if you need any further information please feel free to pm me.  Audition is available for those who are seriously interested and have been a contributing member for at least 6 months.

Pictures:

CDX2 display.jpg

CDX2 full face.jpg

Edited by PKay

CD is so underrated on SNA. I find the technology to sound better than Computer audio and CDs are so cheap these days. 

This is an excellent CDP (I have owned one). No "digital" edge. And has a sexy draw mechanism. 

GLWTS

Edited by holliswhy
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, holliswhy said:

CD is so underrated on SNA. I find the technology to sound better than Computer audio and CDs are so cheap these days. 

This is an excellent CDP (I have owned one). No "digital" edge. And has a sexy draw mechanism. 

GLWTS

That is very true and unlike vinyl second hand cds aren't full of pops and noise.  I won't be sorry if it doesn't sell, this CD player is a very good quality and sounding unit.

1 minute ago, itfat said:

CDs will be the vinyl of 2020s. This a a great player. I owned one, sold it, regretted it, bought another here on SNA.  Don’t miss out. Naim no longer makes these great players. 

Glws 

I did toy with the idea of trying an XPS but am trying to limit the box count and this is already a great sounding unit.  These players are incredibly well built.

Agree a terrific Player--absolute bargain at the asking price--I had one with the 555 PSU-- Upon hearing that combo--

I sold my Sondek CD12?

The posters above are correct as superb as the standalone here is--the PSU's elevate the CDX2 to a Giant killer level.

GLWTS

Willco

2 hours ago, khairilazhar2010 said:

Hi@PKay
May I know the year of manufacture or. first 2 numbers of the serial number please ?
Cheers

First three numbers are 201###.  I bought it from Audio Genesis in July 16 and it wouldn't have had more than 30 hours playing over that time. Even though I agree that CDs sound better than computer/dac the other is so convenient.

The great thing about Naim cd players is that they set their lasers to the lowest voltage and they highly regulate the voltage which means that they last a lot longer. Mine has no issues playing whatsoever and I have a spare puck as well.   Worst case Harry at Audio Genesis is able to very easily replace the laser mechanism should it be required.

Edited by PKay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Willco said:

The posters above are correct as superb as the standalone here is--the PSU's elevate the CDX2 to a Giant killer level.

GLWTS

Willco

Thanks Willco,

I was tempted to try the power supply but am trying to reduce box count in my systems.

9 minutes ago, PKay said:

The great thing about Naim cd players is that they set their lasers to the lowest volume and they are highly regulated which means that they last a lot longer. Mine has no issues playing whatsoever and I have a spare puck as well.   Worst case Harry at Audio Genesis is able to very easily replace the laser mechanism should it be required.

Correct the VAM1202A Mechanism is freely available plus with Harry in NSW and Andy MacLaren(ex Naim Tech) in Brisbane  service is a breeze if required. 

GLWTS