New Panasonic PVR lag time issue

I've just bought a new Panasonic DMR-HWT260GN 1TB Twin Tuner Smart PVR  

There is a 2 second lag time for it to respond to a remote command. When I press play or pause it takes 2 seconds for it to happen.

Actually on play and pause and most other commands this is is non issue but when using the manual skip buttons of 60secs forward and 10 seconds back this 2 second lag time is a real hassle. When quickly trying to skip the commercial break with a 2 second lag each time its pressed it makes skipping an ad break a PITA.

The manual skip is easily my most used command as for each ad break I need to skip forward 2 or 3 times and then back once or twice.

I've only ever had Topfields previously and bought the Panasonic as there are menu settings and file structures on my latest Topfield that I found very cumbersome. The Panasonic seems to be better in that regard but where the Toppys are instant with the manual skip, the Panasonic is not.

Its not the remote batteries. The command comes up on screen immediately but takes 2 seconds to process it. With the skip buttons the picture freezes for 2 seconds and then jumps forward or back.

Maybe its a fault of my unit or maybe its fixed in an update?

Firmware is now up to date but 2 second lag time issue is still same as before. I'll need to find someone else who has had some experience with the same model so I can find out whether my unit is faulty or if its a Panasonic PVR thing.

If anyone around here has this model please let me know.

cheers