SOLD

Item: GALE 401C  StandMount Speakers
Price: $1399
Item Condition: MINT
Reason for selling: Purchased Martin Logans ESL
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Gale 401c are in amazing original condition

Refurbished last year,by speaker doctor, he mentioned they are the best pair he has seen in decades! Have receipt!

New surrounds installed to the bass and mid drivers and crossovers refurbished.
original owners manual.

Very reluctant sale...but not using since purchase Martin Logans!

prefer local pickup, no boxes( but can take Pack & send)

NB Purchased from Stereonet Member earlier in year Photos from origional listing.

Pictures:

gale401f.JPG

gale401s.JPG

gale 401b.JPG

gale401g.JPG

Edited by smart
update spec
  • Like 2

Very nice, great price, lucky for me, your not in Sydney, never heard Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" sound as good than with these and an ME850 up them. (BTW I have ML's also)

GLWTS 

Cheers George 

Edited by georgehifi

I once owned a pair of these for about 5 years. Fantastic sound given the right amplifier and still competitive with anything made today. These also look to be in fantastic condition. Hmmmm, I wonder.

The only thing is that I am not sure I would call them bookshelf speakers but whatever you call them they are superb.

@Grizzly

Edited by rantan

One of the best sounding speakers ever produced by the English to compete with the American competition at the time & to me they still produce a sound that is hard to get today in most speakers I've heard.I have had around 300 pairs of different speakers from all over the world & the Gale are in my top 50 & still a keeper with some of my friends.Most people don't know what is the right amp for them.I tried around 20 different amps till I found the right one.

Excellent speaker at this price. 

GLWTS 

Edited by Conrad1970
Edit more info

11 hours ago, Conrad1970 said:

One of the best sounding speakers ever produced by the English to compete with the American competition at the time & to me they still produce a sound that is hard to get today in most speakers I've heard.I have had around 300 pairs of different speakers from all over the world & the Gale are in my top 50 & still a keeper with some of my friends.Most people don't know what is the right amp for them.I tried around 20 different amps till I found the right one.

Excellent speaker at this price. 

GLWTS 

GLWS @smart , I also have a pair of 401c's and they are definite keepers !

Not sure I would describe them as "Book Shelf" speakers though ? unless you had a very sturdy shelf !

What was that elusive amp  @Conrad1970 ?

59 minutes ago, Leinster Lad said:

GLWS @smart , I also have a pair of 401c's and they are definite keepers !

Not sure I would describe them as "Book Shelf" speakers though ? unless you had a very sturdy shelf !

What was that elusive amp  @Conrad1970 ?

I had to spend $10000 s/h on other equipment to find out.In that equipment were some excellent condition Classe CAM-200 mono blocs but then after hearing them on the Gale it was a different sound to the original amp I was using.So I stuck with that & haven't looked back. 

37 minutes ago, Leinster Lad said:

What was this "difference" in sound that you heard ?

With me when the Gales are driven by an good amp with current behind it, they are not that dissimilar from a good pair of Yamaha NS1000's, but the Gales are kinder to the top end and not as cold sounding, the Yamy's can be.

Cheers George