Test Record.

I am thinking of purchasing a test record to compliment the array of set-up gear that I have amassed, any suggestions of which one and where to purchase.

TIA.

• Like 2

I use the HI-FI news analogue test lp and find it useful.

You are welcome to borrow it to see if it suits you, but I cannot remember where I bought it from? 

IMG_08245.jpg

Edited by peterpan

19 minutes ago, Batty said:

I am thinking of purchasing a test record to compliment the array of set-up gear that I have amassed, any suggestions of which one and where to purchase.

TIA.

This one:

https://www.discogs.com/CBS-Laboratories-Technical-Series-Professional-Test-Record-Issue-3/release/1410902

I use ballroom dance records from my collection ( close to 30 ) 

Yes I was into dancing in my youth and loved it 

These records are in most cases pitch perfect and time perfect

The recordings vary with different styles of dancing eg Latin, foxtrot, waltz quickstep,  giving variety of tempo of different beats 

And some EMI - Breakthrough Records are also very good 

If you want something designed for set-up, using test signals to check channel separation etc., these two are best in IMO. Use them with a Fozgometer or similar. Be aware, they aren't cheap, and buying used isn't an option if you want to be sure they are accurate.

1538618551115596101503.jpg

I'd recommend Bela Fleck - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo. It's got good range and the bass player will let you know how low your sub woofer can go. Of course, banjo jazz might not be everyone's cup of tea... 3e2a55aa20abf6c7b5fa2312f0353a16.jpg

• Like 1

I'd recommend Bela Fleck - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo. It's got good range and the bass player will let you know how low your sub woofer can go. Of course, banjo jazz might not be everyone's cup of tea... 3e2a55aa20abf6c7b5fa2312f0353a16.jpg&key=21331d4b59cd5d2da337755c6f763017302756a841d2e20bc1a968f576cc9a30

I must have heard that one about 2 dozen times at Lenehans - burnt into my brain haha
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phaenom said:

I'd recommend Bela Fleck - Flight of the Cosmic Hippo. It's got good range and the bass player will let you know how low your sub woofer can go. Of course, banjo jazz might not be everyone's cup of tea... 3e2a55aa20abf6c7b5fa2312f0353a16.jpg

Thats a great album 

Great electro bass 

I have the CD version ??

• Like 1