Apature Accusound Silver Twin 4 + 4 Speaker Cable

I have a pair of Apature Accusound Silver Twin 4 + 4 Speaker Cables (yes - Apature - not Aperture) and I am intrigued by them. They are US made from probably the mid 90s. They are ugly thick grey cables with Puresonic claw connectors at one end and no-name banana plugs at the other. I can't find any reference to them online and am interested to know if anyone on here has had any experience with them. I have to say they are very decent sounding.

20181002_130343.jpg

20181002_130326.jpg

What would you like to know? Peter Stein (of ME Sound fame) and myself used to import them. Excellent sounding cables. Both as speaker cables, or interconnects (they are 100% shielded). Each cable consists of 4 cores of 1mm diameter silver plated copper. Insulation is Polyethylene (PE). They are wound to provide a modestly low level of inductance. I am not surprised that you like them. 

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What would you like to know? Peter Stein (of ME Sound fame) and myself used to import them. Excellent sounding cables. Both as speaker cables, or interconnects (they are 100% shielded). Each cable consists of 4 cores of 1mm diameter silver plated copper. Insulation is Polyethylene (PE). They are wound to provide a modestly low level of inductance. I am not surprised that you like them. 

Thanks for the response and the information. I gather the company still exists as there is a web site (www.apature.com) - albiet a very old looking one (copyright 1996 to 2002). They don't appear to be distributed in Australia anymore.

• 1 year later...

Apature, great stuff. Especially their higher end cable. I've used the BL-4 for both interconnect & speaker cables. 

They also {for a short time} made an interconnect cable called LSD.!!!!

It is, {in my opinion} fantastic.!! Though nearly impossible to find today. 

I just missed out on some actually,  & it's the first time that I have seen any in 15 years or so. So, keep your eyes open for those, I'm sure that you would enjoy them. It's also impossible to get any information on them at all. 

I think the name had something to do with Silver, & perhaps Digital, though I have used it all over the place. Fortunately for me,  I've got a small handful of cables I use here & there, as well as about 100 feet+, waiting for me to use, if the need should come up.  I may be wrong,  but I think those cables were nearly "hand made" & though great, proved to be too expensive to make & sell , not enough profit margin.  Though, by today's standards would prove to be a bargain no doubt. 

It seems that you got some quick answers to your Apature query,  perhaps someone out there can fill me in about the Apature LSD cables.

I've been using the brand since the 80's,  & i too have had a hard time getting info on their products.

Karl

Drummer,

Recordist,

Audiophile,

Collector of all the above

• Like 2