SOLD: FS: Oppo BDP-95 (PRICE DROP)

SOLD

Item: Oppo BDP-95 (region-free)
Price: $400pp  $350pp
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Very rarely used
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Was region-modified by the distributor before being sent to me - now plays blu-ray discs (and DVDs) from all regions.

Unit is in excellent condition (pardon the dust in photos :( ) but is simply not used very much these days - audio and video are mostly streamed in my house now.

Pictures:

483012130_OppoBDP-95(1).thumb.jpg.4cf7d7169211d9579a64b2c1169c912e.jpg

1916766101_OppoBDP-95(2).thumb.jpg.379668378ed6c53f845b7dbf6cb4643c.jpg

Edited by ~Spyne~
price drop 12-10-18

Good questions actually - as I mentioned, it's not very frequently used these days so it's been a LONG time since I've had to even think about it.

I've just spent 20 minutes going through a dozen discs and it definitely plays any DVD region without having to do anything.

Sadly I don't seem to own any blu-ray discs to test out the region-free claim...all discs I own are either region B or universal.

Doing a bit of searching online, it seems all (or the extreme vast majority) of blu-rays from Paramount, Warner and Universal are region-unlocked anyway.

20th Century Fox discs (at least in my case) seem to generally be region specific (all mine explicitly show as region B on the back cover).

I can't even tell you what 'brand' of region-free kit it has, it was done by the distributor (Magenta I believe it was at the time), so I can only guess they sourced the hardware/software directly from Oppo...

Sorry I can't be more help, Mark.

I would take $375 plus post.

1 hour ago, ericd said:

Did they ever manage to implement gapless playback of FLAC files on these units?

Not something I ever used it for, as all music streaming has been done through my SBT for years now.

I don't think they did, with the BDP95.

• Like 1

The Oppo 95 is a great universal player I upgraded my one eventually to the Oppo 205 only after they announced they were stopping production. I use a SBT also for Flac files to, the Oppo was used mostly for DVD/Bu/CD, never used it for streaming.

Price seems about right, I sold my Oppo 95  with full multi zone mod for $450 earlier this year.

JDH

• 2 weeks later...

42 minutes ago, Gremrock said:

Does it have Netflix in this model?

This is a reply from Oppo Australia (oppodigital.com.au) back in 2015 when I asked...

Thanks for getting in touch. Netflix Australia is not supported on the BDP-9x series. This is on account of the software provided by Netflix during the initial integration. Many people have circumvented this issue by using Netflix US over a VPN. The BDP-9x series had Netflix 2.0 installed and Netflix won't allow us to upgrade that to 4.0. As a result the US Netflix, through a VPN, works but not AU services that require 4.0.

No worries :) I have an imported 93 special model, but same thing, figure id buy this an sell mine if that would help. This is a sweet player by the way and trumps a budget CD player for audio, and gives balanced outputs, along with analog and volume control so if you only want home theatre for what this handles they make a great processor straight into a power amp. They even allow you to set ok distances and levels and crossover etc for speakers. Hard to beat for what it does and for sale well under value here