Sign in to follow this  
Gieseler Audio

New Gieseler Website now live

Hi everyone,

well finally the new website is done!

http://www.gieseler.com.au/

It even has a shopping basket.

No doubt there will be a few errors which we we sort as they come to light.

The not secure address warning should disappear soon.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

At last!   Well done Clay for the new products that were launched with your new website.  👍  You have indeed been busy!  😁

I am curious about the shield/badge on the home page.  Is that going to be the brand logo?  

Is the new Fein dac already available, Clay? Where does it stand in terms of SQ to the Gros?

Nice new site (shame about losing the feet!).

Hi Russ,

RE Fein DAC - yes in stock all versions.

Gross vs Fein sound quality.

I expect this question will crop up regularly especially as there are no Fein DAC's in the field yet. 

Technically speaking the Gross DAC is the best as it is using  the top DAC chip from AKM (AK4497) however the AK4493 used in the Fein DAC is

at least two years newer & apparently has some spin off from  AK4497 design. Interestingly the AK4493 even has some new features like DSD auto detect.

Sound quality comparison - that is a tough one - I desperately need better speakers or killer headphones at the shop so I can do these comparisons properly.

I'm going to the Melbourne Hi-Fi show so will check out all the good Sennheiser/Beyerdynamics which are on my short list - love to hear the HD820's

The sound character of both DAC's is very very similar - this is to be expected as they are identical except for the DAC chip & the smaller output transformers in the Fein.

I will have to take both DAC's over to Mike Lenehan's factory shortly & do a serious sound comparison using his new ML5's

Stay tuned!

Website looks great Clay.  Huge improvement on the old one.   Hope you paid your son well for this lol.  

Hi Bill - thanks.

Yes I’m pretty happy with the result & I get my own blog section now which is a bonus.

There are redirects in place as well so anyone clicking on a old link will go straight to the new site.

Update.

There was a glitch for a few days where the “contact us” & all my gieseler email accounts were not not working but that has now been sorted.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

Holiday break.

Hi guys - just letting everyone know I'm closing up shop at miday tomorrow the 5th of October

& returning back to work on Tuesday the 16th of October. You are welcome to place an order while I'm away 

but obviously I won't be able to process it until I return.

I will definitely be attending the International Hi-Fi show in Melbourne (as visitor only) so it might be a good chance to catch up with a few customers.