SOLD: FS: ELAC BS-403 Book Shelf Speakers Walnut High Gloss (SYD)

SOLD

PENDING PAYMENT AND PICK-UP AFTER COMING WEEKEND - I WILL CLOSE THE THREAD ONCE PICKED UP

Item: ELAC BS-403 Book Shelf Speaker in Walnut High Gloss including grills and all original packing & accessories (triple wall box, protective cloth bags, plastic sleeves, booklet and rubber pads for top of speaker stands)

Item Condition: Excellent

Price:  $1,400 (RRP for speakers is $2,999) including insured postage in AU (discount for local pick-up) - $25 donation to SNA on sale

Reason for selling: No more second system (and not again for at least another 18-24 months), clearing space

Payment Method: Pickup – Cash, PayPal (friend or buyer covers fees).

Extra Info: Great looking and sounding German made stand mounts, including Elac's latest version of their Jet-Tweeter, 150mm AS-XR cone woofer and down-firing bass-reflex port (onto built in platform/base).

Fantastic sound that fills small to medium sized rooms to a level that makes you look twice for where the larger speaker is hiding ... great detail (without ever getting harsh), presence and imaging (I found that to get the best soundstage these need a little breathing space, even though the down-firing woofer makes placement a lot more forgiving than the rear-firing variety). They do need some grunt on the amplifier's end to come to their full potential.

Sad to see these go (as is my wife, for once?), but I would just pack them up and store for at least a year or two, so better to find a new home.

I am the second owner (bought here on SNA a little over six months ago). There are a couple of tiny blemishes on the back of speaker 2967 (apparently there since new). I tried to photograph but showing better in the original add, hence the link:

Specs:
Speaker type: 2-way, bass reflex
Tweeter: 1 x JET 5
Woofer: 1 x 150 mm AS -XR cone
Crossover frequency: 2,500 Hz
Frequency response: 41 to 50,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 86 dB at 2.83 v/1m
Recommended amplifier power: 40 to 200 wpc
Nominal/peak power handling: 70 / 100 wpc
Nominal impedance: 4 Ω; minimum 3.2 Ω @ 260 Hz
Binding posts: 5-way metal
Magnetic shielding: No
Cabinet finishes: High gloss black, white or walnut veneer; oiled walnut
Accessories included: Magnetic fabric grille
Height: 12.1 in / 308 mm
Width: 6.5 in / 166 mm
Depth: 10.9 in / 277 mm
Net weight (each): 16.1 lb / 7.3 kg

Happy for serious interest to inspect in person (pm me please). Local pick-up will be given preference if local interest.

Link Elac Website:
https://www.elac.com/product/bs-403/

Cheers,
Ralf

Pictures:

P1110261S.JPG

P1110264S.JPG

P1110265S.JPG

P1110269S.JPG

P1110271S.JPG

P1110274S.JPG

P1110275S.JPG

Edited by sunbird
  • Like 2

On 23/9/2018 at 7:29 PM, sunbird said:

These are currently spoken for by @Interben pending payment & pick-up.

I will update the post once the sale has been finalised.

Thanks,

Ralf.   

As per quoted post - pick-up/payment arranged for after the coming weekend, I will update if this should change.

Thanks,

Ralf