TCL C4 75" UHD TV

I was in JB today buying some gear for work and thought I would quickly check out what's on discount in the TV department and the one 75" TV that actually looked impressive is the suppoesedly latest model from TCL, being the C4 UHD LED model which was discounted down to less than $2500 plus a $150 cash back. Yeah I know I'm a cheapskate and shouldn't be considering these lesser brands but I did.

So forgetting the low price for a moment the picture quality actually looked very good, sure it's no OLED but compared to plenty of other more expensive 75" Tv's in the short comparison I did it appeared to have the nicest picture.

Just wondering if anyone here has recently purchased one of these new release 75" models and if so how are you finding it once home?

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

Just a FYI, I managed to get a Panasonic 75EX850a at the beginning of the year (before the FX came out) for $3,200. Yes its more expensive than the TCL mentioned, but does show that for not much more you can get a known good set. 

If your in no rush, wait for a few months and the current gen sets will be reduced to similar levels. Or check out Hisense, they have some great sets for lower prices

• Like 1

I actually purchased a new 75" Hisense ULED 18 months ago and I reckon it's a excellent TV and was amazing value, but alas that Tv is interstate.

I did check out the 2018 run out model 75" Hisense first as I was more than happy to look at buying another one but the new model TCL which was near by actually had a better picture than the Hisense. Thus my hope to find a actual owner of the new model TCL to see what they think once the TV is in their home.

cheers Terry

• 6 months later...
On 20/09/2018 at 6:15 AM, TerryO said:

I was in JB today buying some gear for work and thought I would quickly check out what's on discount in the TV department and the one 75" TV that actually looked impressive is the suppoesedly latest model from TCL, being the C4 UHD LED model which was discounted down to less than $2500 plus a $150 cash back. Yeah I know I'm a cheapskate and shouldn't be considering these lesser brands but I did.

So forgetting the low price for a moment the picture quality actually looked very good, sure it's no OLED but compared to plenty of other more expensive 75" Tv's in the short comparison I did it appeared to have the nicest picture.

Just wondering if anyone here has recently purchased one of these new release 75" models and if so how are you finding it once home?

cheers Terry

Got the TCL 70C4US yesterday, from the Good Guys for $1430. Liked the 3 yr. Warranty and Sound at the front (like a built in Soundbar), rather than those crappy sounding rear Speakers. Impressed so far and plenty of time to watch at the moment as laid up with Gastro.

23 minutes ago, TerryO said:

Geeze Wayne doesn't getting gastro give you the shits. ... :angel:

Glad to hear the TCL is a good thing and what an amazing price!

cheers Terry

It certainly has Tezza!

Yes, really happy with Picture Quality and features of the TCL. Hopefully has a reasonable lifespan.

• Like 1

Never owned a TCL but like what I see. Just a shame the company wont pull its finger out and offer the 6 series in Australia - full array local dimming and other outstanding features that gives high end (and much more expensive) Samsung and Sony a run for their money. The 65" version retails in the US for about $1000 which equates to roughly $1800 AUD for a premium set at a budget price. Bring it on TCL.

11 hours ago, pc9 said:

Never owned a TCL but like what I see. Just a shame the company wont pull its finger out and offer the 6 series in Australia - full array local dimming and other outstanding features that gives high end (and much more expensive) Samsung and Sony a run for their money. The 65" version retails in the US for about $1000 which equates to roughly $1800 AUD for a premium set at a budget price. Bring it on TCL.

This one?

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/tcl-65-inches164cm-uhd-led-lcd-smart-tv-65c6us

10 hours ago, initforthemusic said:

Unfortunately not - the c65us is an edge lit model produced by TCL for the Asian market which includes Aus. Nice set for the price though with VA panel, qantum dot filter and pretty decent HDR performance.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2019 at 7:42 AM, pc9 said:

Unfortunately not - the c65us is an edge lit model produced by TCL for the Asian market which includes Aus. Nice set for the price though with VA panel, qantum dot filter and pretty decent HDR performance.

Had a look at the TCL Australia web site today and it appears that the 2019 top end models in the Asian region are still edge lit - damn shame we cant get the US series 6 down here. Notwithstanding, the premium model has a nice set of features including inbuilt sound bar, qantum dot filter, HDR and wide colour gamut.