"Premium Certified"hdmi cables

Where is the best place to get these from?i would actually like the cable to have the certificate on it,like the one that came with my oppo player

I know most cable suppliers say that they are 4K compliant ,I would like to see the label on the cable

Thanks in advance

Muri

• Moderators

check mono price ...

27 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Where is the best place to get these from?i would actually like the cable to have the certificate on it,like the one that came with my oppo player

I know most cable suppliers say that they are 4K compliant ,I would like to see the label on the cable

Thanks in advance

Muri

mono price...but unfortunately shipping will be a killer from their us store. about $75 USD no matter ! 

can try ebay...but are you buying fakes ? thats always my concern with ebay

theres also macfixit that sells the mono price but check out the mark up !!!

also nothing over 28ft so you cant buy 10m long as yet

there are some other locally sold premium certified but not as great value as the mono price...

how long a cable do you need ? and how many ? 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Yes with the certification like monoprice ones!
Nothing available locally?

macfixit au site best will get with thew laughable prices.

not aware of any bricks and mortar selling them.

I suspect the "premium certified" may be limited in life as the "Ultra high speed" new cables to support hdmi 2.1 is probably main focus of most cable makers ....

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Musician said:

Interested to know whether anyone has got 4K video to work  on a cheap 1.4 spec hdmi, if so from where ?

there is no such thing as 1.4 spec hdmi cable

there are std speed and high speed they are the specs

all high speed are technically capable. however many over the years are no doubt built to cost and just manage blu-ray and below and tried for 4k uhd and fall over.

under about 2m just about any old high speed cable will work. over 2m some will start to fall over. from 6m and above few will work. and its probably best to stick to premium certified cables which are available upto 30ft or 9m. thee are however quite expensive still to import so if find something cheaper and works fine use it.

at 10m very few are known to work and in certain equipment combinations 

eg at 10m I only know of one in the office works comsol 

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-high-speed-hdmi-cable-with-ethernet-10m-cohdmi100

it will need to be tried (office works has a good return policy) as in some combo eg with yamaha AVR its been found not to work. however i have been using with my marantz AV processor passing everything through wiht full bandwidth of uhd and tested with the apple TV 4k uhd cable test and the xbox one x  cable test. as with the oppo main menu at factory settings that is also a good test.

if using a cable over 10m ie 11m and such there is only one cable can recommend in the ruipro fibre these are quite expensive at $250+

https://www.ezyhd.com.au/shop/ruipro-hdmi-fibre-cable-15m-4k/

• Like 1
On 15/09/2018 at 7:51 AM, HDobsession said:

I got mine from cable chick 4K 60hz. Works perfectly.

I found that the AvenCore premium ones from Cable Chick didn't support 4K @ 60Hz in 4:4:4 for a 2m length. 

They gave me a full refund on them which was very nice though.

My suspicion is that it is due to them using 30AWG copper. I believe that most of the ones that have been working for people use 28AWG in under 5m or 26AWG in longer lengths.

I was trying to find a short one in 26AWG without much luck but I found a company who is about to release some in a couple of weeks., so we'll see how that goes when they arrive.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, DrMoShen said:

My suspicion is that it is due to them using 30AWG copper. I believe that most of the ones that have been working for people use 28AWG in under 5m or 26AWG in longer lengths.

Probably why the officeworks comd works at 24AWG ! It’s not a light weight cable. I had to pull previous cable out to run it !

• It will support 4K Ultra HD televisions.
  • The cable has a bandwidth speed of up to 18Gbps.
  • It contains a high grade oxygen-free 24AWG copper wire.”
1 hour ago, :) al said:

Probably why the officeworks comd works at 24AWG !

I'd say so. I think it's only probably chipset specs and AWG that are the significant factors. 

I'm going to get the 24AWG in a 2m length when it gets released, and hopefully that should be the end of it as far as worrying about hdmi cables go for this tech spec cycle for me. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, DrMoShen said:

I'd say so. I think it's only probably chipset specs and AWG that are the significant factors. 

I'm going to get the 24AWG in a 2m length when it gets released, and hopefully that should be the end of it as far as worrying about hdmi cables go for this tech spec cycle for me. 

2m shouldn't be a bother from most. achieving high speed over that length shouldnt be a challenge. eg over that length im using an old kordz I had lying around to go from xbox one x and it passes all tests :)

if dont mind 3m does sell a premium certified in that length and have in stock,

https://www.macfixit.com.au/monoprice-certified-premium-high-speed-hdmir-cable-3m-black/

also dont discount other issues be contributing to failures.... eg you say chipsets... its also settings...

I had someone drop me a line with a ruipro he tried and that too wouldn't work, apart from possibility of some failure of the cable (probably a long shot) its quite possible there is some hdmi high jinx going on in the system there. its a mine field :) given the interaction of multiple equipment the hand shakes and the mix and possibilities of all the setting you can have in output setting of each and permutations and combinations possible...  

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Leftaudionut said:

Sorry to say this but Just posting that is useless to anyone. Ezyhd sells quite a variety of cables and also unfortunately the length of cable and instance used in is important.

some cables will only work in some combination and up to certain length or only to support certain bandwidth 

so have to be specific to be of value

ie what length which particular cable in whet equipment combo and to what bandwidth :)

abd it it will be quite useful info to people :)

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

Quite expensive given it’s possible a non certified might work.

it is premium certified and what paying for 

Just now, :) al said:

Quite expensive given it’s possible a non certified might work.

it is premium certified and what paying for 

Yes a bit pricey but you would think getting them certified might cost a bit too as there are not many.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

Yes a bit pricey but you would think getting them certified might cost a bit too as there are not many.

When you see what a mono price 2m premium certified costs in the us than will see what a rip off premium certified is in this country. They start at $3.99 usd there

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15430

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, rocky500 said:

good option indeed, but looks like nothing over 1m (out of stock) 

I would also suggest at 1m just about anything(high speed) should work. thats the reality. even my freebie cables at that length and pass every test ! :)

22 minutes ago, :) al said:

good option indeed, but looks like nothing over 1m (out of stock) 

Just checked and they are all in stock. Most saying more than 10 available for all sizes.

• Like 1

ive purchased these 8Ware hdmi cables before, https://www.adelaideonlinecomputers.com.au/catalogue/list.jsp?tier1=215&tier2=4&tier3=10&tier4=456&vendorID=215&subSubGroupID=456

scroll down to the bottom of the page it's the last three.

they have the premium certified with the label on them, There really cheap but i have used them and they seem legit lol

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, anotherdavid said:

@Stephen0804 thanks for that link - they are much more realistic prices!

As for being legit, there's a smartphone app that scans the QR code and tells you if they are "certified" (and I think also who owns the certification)

The app is called "HDMI Premium Cable"

I agree that is more realistic, and really apart from the massive  markup pricing being charged locally for the mono price here, there is really no need for them to be any more expensive :)

• Like 1
18 hours ago, anotherdavid said:

@Stephen0804 thanks for that link - they are much more realistic prices!

As for being legit, there's a smartphone app that scans the QR code and tells you if they are "certified" (and I think also who owns the certification)

The app is called "HDMI Premium Cable"

im pretty sure there legit, but i might try the app anyway thanks for that.

for the shorter hdmi runs its easier to certify its when you get up to like 5m, 10m plus when it becomes difficult.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators

just to update this thread it appears we have moved forward considerably in premium certified cables ie the only ones guaranteed to work. why is this important...well hdmi is a mine field and while many cables make all sorts of claims they often dont stand up to rigours of use. in some cases simply not passing signals ie they really dont have the bandwidth necessary apr claimed or if do so do with significant drop outs and hangups and with hdmi handshake issues.

so what we seem to have these days for premium certified is 

Mono price start from $11.14 from amazon au for a 3ft cable (just under 1m)

https://www.amazon.com.au/Monoprice-115427-Certified-Premium-18Gbps/dp/B01GCGKBWC/ref=asc_df_B01GCGKBWC/

all ways upto $64.30 for 30ft (9.2m) these are available in white or black

https://www.amazon.com.au/Monoprice-Certified-Premium-Speed-Cable/dp/B07D7LG3LF/

or $65.62 for 30ft (9.2m) in black

https://www.amazon.com.au/Monoprice-Certified-Premium-Speed-Cable/dp/B07D7JTTNR

I have used the above cables and they are excellent quality can confirm and indeed do work ! only thing with amazon au is you cant walk in a store and just buy it, and it ships from amazon in the us...so spend $49 with prime account and free shipping from us or pay through nose if not prime member.

another local option that appears to have popped up is prolink which is also premium certified and comes in  

$17.95 for 0.5m

https://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/prolink-05m-premium-certified-hdmi-cable-supports-ultra-hd-4k60hz-hdmi-20.html

upto $89.95 for 10m 

https://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/prolink-10m-premium-certified-hdmi-cable-supports-ultra-hd-4k60hz-hdmi-20.html

this is a real first to have a premium certified cable at 10m

I have no experience with the brand, but cable chick has been around a long time and it comes with their 5 year warranty. the bonus with these cables is its not only sold online but can buy from cable chick outlet in QLD or what seems to be quite a few other computer and other electronic stores around the traps.

being premium certified, hdmi cables no longer a gamble and i personally see no need to spend any more than for one of these things and great we now have 10m option.

• Like 1

Just as an addition for those who have or will be getting new equipment with all the new upgrades for computers [and supposedly better cec and e-arc] and the like for hdmi 2.1 ; new 48gbps 2.1 cables are starting to appear [but only in short runs 1-2 meters so far]

https://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/1m-hdmi-8k60hz-cable-hdmi-21-48gbps.html#productTab5

It would be necessary to go to fibre for 8k at long lengths at a not inconsiderable price at the moment with the ruipro 8k . As said the premium certified sticker will avoid the ones not properly tested :)

Edited by cwt
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Essence said:

I got my hdmi 2.1 0.5 metre hdmi cable from 4cabling

Yes ; longer lengths will turn up eventually ; it takes high precision engineering to carry these extreme bandwidths so you see these sort of assurances  ; ISO 9001 company :)

• Moderators

a couple more ...

10m premium certified from egline.... even comes with its certificate ! only $49.96 ! and local

https://www.egline.com.au/product-page/certified-premium-high-speed-hdmi-cables-v2-0-ultrahd-10m

77e4c1_276fdd2050c64a11a69334c4f7235ba5~

also this other one brought to my attention by a kind soul on AVS,

Vanco premium certified 30ft from fivefold... no idea if can be sourced from Au, but confirmed to pass the appletv cable test for bandwidth...

https://www.firefold.com/collections/hdmi-cables/products/vanco-certified-premium-high-speed-hdmi-cable-with-ethernet-4k-ready?variant=19004126658633

• Like 1