Sign in to follow this  
muriwai

"Premium Certified"hdmi cables

Where is the best place to get these from?i would actually like the cable to have the certificate on it,like the one that came with my oppo player

I know most cable suppliers say that they are 4K compliant ,I would like to see the label on the cable

Thanks in advance

Muri

check mono price ...

27 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Where is the best place to get these from?i would actually like the cable to have the certificate on it,like the one that came with my oppo player

I know most cable suppliers say that they are 4K compliant ,I would like to see the label on the cable

Thanks in advance

Muri

mono price...but unfortunately shipping will be a killer from their us store. about $75 USD no matter ! 

can try ebay...but are you buying fakes ? thats always my concern with ebay

theres also macfixit that sells the mono price but check out the mark up !!!

also nothing over 28ft so you cant buy 10m long as yet

there are some other locally sold premium certified but not as great value as the mono price...

how long a cable do you need ? and how many ? 

Yes with the certification like monoprice ones!
Nothing available locally?

10 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Yes with the certification like monoprice ones!
Nothing available locally?

macfixit au site best will get with thew laughable prices.

not aware of any bricks and mortar selling them.

I suspect the "premium certified" may be limited in life as the "Ultra high speed" new cables to support hdmi 2.1 is probably main focus of most cable makers ....

Interested to know whether anyone has got 4K video to work  on a cheap 1.4 spec hdmi, if so from where ?

48 minutes ago, Musician said:

Interested to know whether anyone has got 4K video to work  on a cheap 1.4 spec hdmi, if so from where ?

there is no such thing as 1.4 spec hdmi cable

there are std speed and high speed they are the specs

all high speed are technically capable. however many over the years are no doubt built to cost and just manage blu-ray and below and tried for 4k uhd and fall over.

under about 2m just about any old high speed cable will work. over 2m some will start to fall over. from 6m and above few will work. and its probably best to stick to premium certified cables which are available upto 30ft or 9m. thee are however quite expensive still to import so if find something cheaper and works fine use it.

at 10m very few are known to work and in certain equipment combinations 

eg at 10m I only know of one in the office works comsol 

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-high-speed-hdmi-cable-with-ethernet-10m-cohdmi100

it will need to be tried (office works has a good return policy) as in some combo eg with yamaha AVR its been found not to work. however i have been using with my marantz AV processor passing everything through wiht full bandwidth of uhd and tested with the apple TV 4k uhd cable test and the xbox one x  cable test. as with the oppo main menu at factory settings that is also a good test.

if using a cable over 10m ie 11m and such there is only one cable can recommend in the ruipro fibre these are quite expensive at $250+

https://www.ezyhd.com.au/shop/ruipro-hdmi-fibre-cable-15m-4k/

On 15/09/2018 at 7:51 AM, HDobsession said:

I got mine from cable chick 4K 60hz. Works perfectly.

I found that the AvenCore premium ones from Cable Chick didn't support 4K @ 60Hz in 4:4:4 for a 2m length. 

They gave me a full refund on them which was very nice though.

My suspicion is that it is due to them using 30AWG copper. I believe that most of the ones that have been working for people use 28AWG in under 5m or 26AWG in longer lengths.

I was trying to find a short one in 26AWG without much luck but I found a company who is about to release some in a couple of weeks., so we'll see how that goes when they arrive.

17 minutes ago, DrMoShen said:

My suspicion is that it is due to them using 30AWG copper. I believe that most of the ones that have been working for people use 28AWG in under 5m or 26AWG in longer lengths.

Probably why the officeworks comd works at 24AWG ! It’s not a light weight cable. I had to pull previous cable out to run it !

• It will support 4K Ultra HD televisions.
  • The cable has a bandwidth speed of up to 18Gbps.
  • It contains a high grade oxygen-free 24AWG copper wire.”

1 hour ago, :) al said:

Probably why the officeworks comd works at 24AWG !

I'd say so. I think it's only probably chipset specs and AWG that are the significant factors. 

I'm going to get the 24AWG in a 2m length when it gets released, and hopefully that should be the end of it as far as worrying about hdmi cables go for this tech spec cycle for me. 

3 minutes ago, DrMoShen said:

I'd say so. I think it's only probably chipset specs and AWG that are the significant factors. 

I'm going to get the 24AWG in a 2m length when it gets released, and hopefully that should be the end of it as far as worrying about hdmi cables go for this tech spec cycle for me. 

2m shouldn't be a bother from most. achieving high speed over that length shouldnt be a challenge. eg over that length im using an old kordz I had lying around to go from xbox one x and it passes all tests :)

if dont mind 3m does sell a premium certified in that length and have in stock,

https://www.macfixit.com.au/monoprice-certified-premium-high-speed-hdmir-cable-3m-black/

also dont discount other issues be contributing to failures.... eg you say chipsets... its also settings...

I had someone drop me a line with a ruipro he tried and that too wouldn't work, apart from possibility of some failure of the cable (probably a long shot) its quite possible there is some hdmi high jinx going on in the system there. its a mine field :) given the interaction of multiple equipment the hand shakes and the mix and possibilities of all the setting you can have in output setting of each and permutations and combinations possible...