Wish AUDIO NOTE OTO LINE SE tube amp audition

olegau

10 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

I owned one of these, many many years ago.

My experience was that its performance depends very much on the speakers it is attached to. Anything requiring a lot of power or current will not be a good match

What is the rest of your system?

Desktop Focal Electra 1007S speakers, 89dB. Need the amp for classical and jazz, listening on very low level at night time.

Unfortunately distributor/retailer does not exist in Melbourne.

Edited by olegau

2 hours ago, olegau said:

Unfortunately 9 of 10 can be wrong for my taste. I have bad experience buying an amp without audition. Once I bought an amp Yamaha RS300 based on hundreds positive reviews. It was resold next day because clinical sound I do not like. Since that I am afraid to buy amps without audition.

Smart move. 

19 hours ago, olegau said:

Desktop Focal Electra 1007S speakers, 89dB. Need the amp for classical and jazz, listening on very low level at night time.

Unfortunately distributor/retailer does not exist in Melbourne.

The distributor will be in Melbourne for the SNA Hi Fi show. Give him a call and see whether he can accommodate something. Also Oto is in another league compared to Yamaha. If I were buying an integrated at the moment it would be right up there. The sound is anything but clinical. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2018 at 7:57 PM, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

On 26/10/2018 at 8:04 PM, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

what did you end up doing?

No idea.

I do not want to buy new one because that could be wasting money and I am not able to audit it to make final decision.