Fafner

Adelaide AES meetings

Hi all, First time poster here.

My name is Keith, but the forum does not allow me to use that as a forum name. Fafner is the name of the dragon in Wagner's Ring Cycle; but at 75 years of age you will not find me to be too fearsome!

AES is Audio Engineering Society, an organisation set up around 1948 and headquartered in New York for the dissemination of information on audio by various means. Local branches are called Sections and they generally have monthly meetings.

Meeting topics tend to be many and varied, so that if you were to get on our Secretaries' meeting notice list you may find something that interests you.

The next meeting is on Monday September 17th 7.30pm at St Pauls Creative Centre

Cnr Pulteney & Flinders St

The topic is causes of distortion in loudspeakers, and cures. The presenter is Michail Barabasz of Lorantz Audio, Melbourne.

The AES committee will be having a counter tea from 6pm at the Wakefield Hotel, 76 Wakefield St. Visitors are welcome to join us.

Note the meeting is on Monday, rather than our usual Tuesday. See you there?

Keith 

Welcome Keith , enjoy the site , Interesting get together . Maybe post in the new member introductions , more members will get to read it .

Edited by elcamry

Hi Keith

agree with Elcamry 

enjoy your interactions with SNAers. Especially the SNASA. 

13 hours ago, Fafner said:

See you there?

Keith 

Keith, it's a bit far from me.... but am super interested in many of the things the AES does - especially this topic.

Will the presentation be recorded?.... or have slides available?    I can imagine there would be a (world) wide audience if the talk was made available online  (it can be hosted on youtube or facebook, or similar sites for zero cost).

2 hours ago, davewantsmoore said:

Keith, it's a bit far from me.... but am super interested in many of the things the AES does - especially this topic.

Will the presentation be recorded?.... or have slides available?    I can imagine there would be a (world) wide audience if the talk was made available online  (it can be hosted on youtube or facebook, or similar sites for zero cost).

Come across. There are a few snasa'ers that would offer up a place to crash and system to tune. 

8 hours ago, davewantsmoore said:

I think Michail has made many presentations on this subject including 3 previous ones in Adelaide and to the Melbourne Audio Club. Maybe it would be possible to get a copy of his Power Point material. His latest acquisition is a Klippel Analyser; Wolgang Klippel being a German guy who has delved very deeply into transducer behaviour to become the leading expert on the subject.

Keith

15 minutes ago, Fafner said:

Klippel Analyser

Nice!!!   One of the 3D spinny ones?!  (I don't think that's quite the technical term, but I'm a bottle n a half in).