The iPhone Xs and Xr release

7 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

@:) al

off topic but who cares....

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/apple/apple-macbook-pro-15-inch-with-touch-bar-512gb-space-grey-new/452750/

$400 off isn’t bad, it then starts to compete with the competition.

I know while we whinge of how expensive things are .... some prices have come down.... :D 

circa 1981.... 

41767657_1084031088438108_78725274870816

• Haha 2

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 11:07 AM, davewantsmoore said:

The pricing would agree with that    ? 

This pricing makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about my cheapo Motorola G play :) And its hundreds of mp4's mean not caring about download limits ; Ime cheap ..:phone: 

11 hours ago, cwt said:

cheap

Mmmm..   I buy a $300 2nd hand handset every ~3 years, and spend $15 a month on a service.    Am about to move from a iPhone 5S to a 7 or 8 something.

I guess people paying that much for a handset/service/plan mustn't have as much hifi stuff they need to buy  ;)  ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davewantsmoore said:

Mmmm..   I buy a $300 2nd hand handset every ~3 years, and spend $15 a month on a service.    Am about to move from a iPhone 5S to a 7 or 8 something.

I guess people paying that much for a handset/service/plan mustn't have as much hifi stuff they need to buy  ;)  ? 

Or they have a business they can write the expense off on. I'm tempted to get 1 for the dual sim but will wait for the next series, very happy with my X. I figure overseas roaming is the 1 area that is still an issue with mobile phones to me, and the dual sim feature of the iPad pro is great help, but not as convenient as it would be on a phone.

If you would be happy with a 6, I've just let a staff member go and his 6 was replaced under warranty about a year ago. He's since cracked the screen but I'll be fixing that prior to sale.

6 hours ago, davewantsmoore said:

I'm actually surprised a couple of grand for an eminently useful and versatile device comes up as a discussion point on this very forum, where people talk about spending thousands on power cables without batting an eyelid ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I walked past the Apple Store in Sydney at 7am this morning. The queue was already there and so were the police?

All looked pretty orderly to me.

Walked past the apple Store around 3.45pm tonight and you guessed it the queue was still there? I don't get it.....

Edited by Jeddie

Top of the line Telstra plan with an iPhone Xs plus......

unlimited data......

As you can see this is where it’s going.....  Good Bye nbn....  even though it hasn’t arrived.

Edited:  how I wish it was mine,  it’s my son and he’s moved out to chapel st!    Just forget and leave it here son!  I wish!

C37B1FC7-87EE-4B68-9368-6E310DA01B92.jpeg

Edited by Addicted to music
  • Like 1

wow ... indeed ! 

been good using the Xs last day. its amazingly not that much bigger than the 6S it replaces but the screen is SO much more clearer and bigger too...some how they have squeezed a bigger screen in.

getting used to the phone without the physical home button has been a relatively quick transition... but still learning the new ways to move around slowly :)

a bit peeved quad lock a week later still havent got me the case as yet as phone is VERY slippery and fearing i will drop it. hopefully quad lock case comes in next week. 

phone and car play in the car etc are all working well. one thing is so very seamless these days is upgrading phones... they have really made it very easy with the way thats done :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, :) al said:

a bit peeved quad lock a week later still havent got me the case as yet as phone is VERY slippery and fearing i will drop it. hopefully quad lock case comes in next week

Isn’t the IPhone Xs the same dimensions as the IPhone X so shouldn’t it be readily available, I could understand the delay if it was the IPhone X’s Max. 

I’ve been using a quad lock case with my IPhone X since February, mostly as a cycle computer when I go riding etc. and securing it in the car.

JDH

Just now, jdh500 said:

Isn’t the IPhone Xs the same dimensions as the IPhone X so shouldn’t it be readily available, I could understand the delay if it was the IPhone X’s Max. 

it should be readily available JD and why a bit grumpy ! if I knew they were going to deal such would have just bought off ebay instead of through them. was thinking being an aussie site to support and didnt for minute think its going to take 10 days  ! atleast to get to me.

Just now, jdh500 said:

I’ve been using a quad lock case with my IPhone X since February, mostly as a cycle computer when I go riding etc. and securing it in the car.

indeed have been very happy wiht the quad lock on my 6s... though thats being handed down to my dad who is thrilled to bits with the upgrade from the iPhone SE he had. swapping over for him, i cant believe how much better a phone even the 6S is over the SE ! :D

• Like 1

The IPhone SE also makes a compact cycle computer too, the iPhone X is really still to large for cycling but don’t want to deal juggling between the two phones.

Enjoy the iPhone Xs, wireless charging also works well with the Quad lock case.

JDH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davewantsmoore said:

Wheeee.... $200 per month just for the service.   ? 

$209 for 2 yrs with the phone thrown in.

Why the unlimited.  You can’t do this on a ADSL 2+   You can but it takes days When he does it takes days.  He needs to upload 2-3 GB of photos and over a GB of video to a company website for advertisements..    Nbn isn’t available in our street or is it going down Chapel St where he’s now resides.  

• Like 1

Just letting anyone here going through this new experience. 

When you turn the phone on it goes through a selections of set ups to be completed.  You get to the stage if you’re on line it will tell you there is an update for the phone.  When you click on to update it tells you through iTunes that the mackbook Pro needs to be up to date with the current OS and updates. Then it tells you to update the latest iTunes.  You go through this and download to update with the latest iTunes and it renders the phone useless as it goes in a loop.  My son contacted Apple,  they had to get on his MacBook Pro remotely and then got him to go down load a patch for itunes....  There’s obviously an issue with the latest iTunes where it just  renders the new phone useless.   Because this product is new and just been release I’m sure there will be an update of iTunes soon.

Edited by Addicted to music

addicted i backed up my iPhone the day before and when opening iTunes got told of the update which i did. perhaps because  i did with the old phone prior i never had this bother :)

a lesson i learnt a few years ago to make sure to make sure everything is very upto date before changing over old phone (including making sure its on latest iOS), but i too didnt think of iTunes till opened it :)

• Like 2

• Volunteer
On 21/09/2018 at 6:51 PM, Jeddie said:

I walked past the Apple Store in Sydney at 7am this morning. The queue was already there and so were the police?

All looked pretty orderly to me.

Walked past the apple Store around 3.45pm tonight and you guessed it the queue was still there? I don't get it.....

Apple do reservations for pick up for both outright and carrier signup, you have a half hour slot in which you get there and either pay or sign up.

The slots are spread out through the day so there would be lines all day.

I picked up a 256GB XS Max in gold on Friday morning, very happy with it.

• Like 2

from first reviews on YT camera looks excellent especially for lower light situation, great dynamic range and solid OIS, just that orange/red tint looks bit artificial but shouldn't be a problem to correct in postpro 

haven't tried low light, but also what can be a challenge on other end for cameras is full sun lit subjects.

a couple of shots today and it did very well I think, 

full sun ... behind camera

43049010810_b93e074a17_b.jpg

full sun ... into the camera

44859885141_4f7517f4b1_b.jpg