How can I get Netflix, stan, abc I view and sbs on demand without a smart tv or playstation?

Other Net access device such as a PC ?

I have a PC but I want to watch it on my older Plasma TVs. My older bluray gets Netflix and I view but does not get sbs on demand anymore. The playstation gets Stan but its noisy and glitchy and I hate using a controller for a remote.

Run a cable from pc to tv ?

I was using an adapter to get the right plug ins.

5 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

Yeah there is a Telstra tv2 I have just found at $192. Im so dumb when it comes to these things.

Im just livin in the 70s 

Are you dumb or are you just content?

I have all of these new gadgets and yet listening to music with mostly vintage gear is still my favourite pastime ............apart from a few others that aren't appropriate for a family friendly forum 😀

This is interesting as I needed the same info
What then is the name of the cord that runs from the nbn box to the rear of the Apple TV box?
This can be run thru the wall up thru ceiling and down another wall and thru a bullnose wall plate ?
Is this also the same cord that you would run to rear of oppo player to do an update?and to a marantz pre pro to update?

@Tony ray  Tony. I have  an ancient Panasonic plasma(like it's gotta be 10/12 or more years old) and the wife was given an Apple TV(I looked for a TV when she told me...). I plugged a hdmi cable into it from TV and plugged it in to a power point...hey presto!

About five zillion tv stations and options.

Daughter came up for a break from Bleak City and signed into to her Netflix/Stan account and  near 12 months later we're still using it and it's free.

Simple.

yep the term "smart tv" is just there to hoodwink people to upgrade their supposed old and "dumb tv" I mean who would say no to a "smart tv"

our telly is about 10 year old plasma.. easily made smart just as @Luc has done with an apple tv...

and yes both inlaws and my dad both share our netflix account. its free to them :D but we pay

how can I explain to people you dont need to spend 1000s to replace a perfectly good TV to make it smart... anything like an apple tv or if you hate apple a chrome cast or multitude of other media players will do it. can get media players from $50 up.... no need to spend 1000s to upgrade the tv for it......

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I need an apple Tv thingy.