MCLEANS IS SERVING UP A DUTCH TREAT AT THIS YEAR’S HI-FI SHOW

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished up at the show and this was my room of the show. Never heard of Dutch & Dutch before walking into the room, but the clarity, easiness and sweetness of the sound was addictive. 

Make sure you also get to hear the Kii Audio Three speakers in the Pure Audio room. Similar clarity and ease, maybe a little less bass, but still very impressive.

Edit: M8 Audio Sweet Maxwell's were also amazing. The speed of those woofers playing bass guitar!

Edited by nedrum
  • Like 4

Have never heard that before. What does it mean?[emoji3]
There are two answers to this.
One is, that everything Dutch is just awesome and you need to bow your head to it. The second is, like a chihuahua syndrome. Being a small country barking at everything that is bigger than you by overachievement and simple arrogancy.

I am sitting firmly in camp 1, but people like to call me arrogant.
  • Thanks 1

Guest jakeyb77
4 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

I actually forgot to ask Bill the price.

Do you know what they cost?

BTW I agree… they were very very good indeed. 

I think around $15,000 to $18000 was what I heard. But you can sell your amp and pre also so good economy. 

Guest jakeyb77
Just now, rantan said:

According to his website, they are $15,999. Nice for some.?

As said no amp needed so add that into the equation. You’re looking not much more for the NS-5000 then god knows what for the M-5000 and C-5000. So for less $$ than the Yammie speakers alone you’re getting a system that killed the Yammie flagship speakers, pre and amp. 

20 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

For what you get (amp, DAC and speakers) I reckon that’s tremendous value. 

Same with the Kiis - although they are a bit more exxy

Please don't get me wrong here. I agree that these represent good value when all is taken into account. The only problem is that I don't have a spare $15K to spend.:sad:

On 13/10/2018 at 6:54 PM, Primare Knob said:

There are two answers to this.
One is, that everything Dutch is just awesome and you need to bow your head to it. The second is, like a chihuahua syndrome. Being a small country barking at everything that is bigger than you by overachievement and simple arrogancy.

I am sitting firmly in camp 1, but people like to call me arrogant.

21 hours ago, nonsynchro said:

People like to call me clog wog.

Godverdomme

• Haha 1

Guest jakeyb77
14 minutes ago, rantan said:

Cheers mate. I have $3K so only need funding for $12K?

I’m not so sure how crazy it is but we discussed a one month “upgrade” prize for SNA community. A set amount in each month and one lucky punter gets the full upgrade kitty. 

Not sure if this is the ideal place to post and does anyone know where we can get Wally's protractor?

During the Hi Fi show,  there was a seminar presented by Mark Dohmann (?) about how to set up the cartridge and presenter mentioned about protractor developed by well known guy called Wally (?). It is glass panel with arc lines on it and looks very intriguing. 

Thank you in advance. :) 

Guest Misterioso
1 hour ago, Spider27 said:

Not sure if this is the ideal place to post

Probably not ...

1 hour ago, Spider27 said:

does anyone know where we can get Wally's protractor?

I visited Mark's seminar as well, interesting as always. I don't know where to get Wally's protractor (although Mark mentioned that a new producer has been found to continue its production in near future) but the Accutrak protractor works according to the same principle:

http://www.accutrak.us/index.html

I am using this protractor with my Jelco tonearm.