MSB Technology S200 Stereo amplifier

9 hours ago, bzr said:

hey are class a = hot. Anybody says different then they switch to a/b

From a listener at a hifi show. To me it's a very efficient setup , tunnel design and lots of massive amount of fin area to dissipated the heat without getting too warm to touch.

Cheers george

"I heard the MSB M204 mono amps at Axpona 2017 with the MSB Select II DAC and YG Sonja 1.2 speakers. In my opinion, it was one of the best systems I've ever heard. The amps delivered beautiful Class A sound but surprisingly didn't generate that much heat. They are remarkably well designed amplifiers and produce wonderful synergy with the other components in that system. 
Best,
Ken

Edited by georgehifi

39 minutes ago, davothecavo said:

Is it yours George?  Still have fond memories of church point road and a ducati, there is something special about the exhaust noise and desmo valve whine in the upper rev ranges of the 70's and 80's models.

Na but I had a back one exactly the same Imola tank and all except mine had the proper upswept Conti pipes, restored it myself over 2 years got a 2nd place at the Ducati Show at Callan Park years ago.. 

Did you know that Fabio Taglioni the chief designer of the Ducati 90' V twin, agonised for weeks as to what kind of sound he wanted this new masterpiece of his was to have, then it came to him, the human is condition to the sound of his mothers heart beat for 9mts and that's why when you hear one comedown the road you know without even looking that it's a Duke.

Cheers George

Capture.JPG

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1

That is a beautifully restored Duke, looks spectacular George.  Trust the Italians to romanticise the sound of a motor bike. I think MSB could take a leaf out of the colour scheme of the bike and make the amplifier Black with gold highlights, I imagine it would improve its looks greatly.?  Because with all that gold going on I am about to drift into generalisations about the marketing genius who thought it was a good idea...