Sign in to follow this  
Marknm

Panasonic th 75fx780a user feedback

46 minutes ago, Marknm said:

I bought the sony x9400e ladt feb, but returned ut after a while.  Cant stand the blooming and banding.  Hoping that fx780 dnt have blooming or very minimal, ast its common in lcd.  I realized im a bit fuzzy coming from vt30 plasma, but oled is too pricey for above 70".  

Yes Mark ,

Oleds are too expensive above 65 inch. Also the money I will save buying this Pana I can put towards updating my JVC projector .

14 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

Yes Mark ,

Oleds are too expensive above 65 inch. Also the money I will save buying this Pana I can put towards updating my JVC projector

I wish we had dedicated cinema room so i could get a projector, eyeing on that proper 4k jvc.

I wish we had dedicated cinema room so i could get a projector, eyeing on that proper 4k jvc.
Mate I don't have a dedicated Cinema either. I have made my living room a makeshift Cinema and It works with the drop down screen in front of our telly.See photos below During day and than at Night with screen down. Me and Mrs struggle to see the 60 inch Samsung after watching JVC. Thats why We will be upgrading to 75 inch instead of 65 Oled.
Cheers20181103_195917.jpg20181103_220602.jpg

2 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

Mate I don't have a dedicated Cinema either. I have made my living room a makeshift Cinema and It works with the drop down screen in front of our telly.See photos below During day and than at Night with screen down. Me and Mrs struggle to see the 60 inch Samsung after watching JVC. Thats why We will be upgrading to 75 inch instead of 65 Oled.
Cheers20181103_195917.jpg20181103_220602.jpg

Mate if its not too much to ask, couod you please show me some pics of the location of the projector? Just want to get an idea how everything looks.  My wife didnt want projector hanging on the ceiling in the living room, but if i could sell well to the senate then i might have to get projector instead n stick with plasma  for tv viewing.  I want to get 75" solely for movies.

Tnx

I have a similar setup, and have my PJ mounted on a small shelf on the rear wall, positioned so the lens is pointed directly at the middle of the screen when it's down.

This is actually the ideal setup for a PJ, as the light coverage of the screen is equal, and you don't need to have any extra electronic processing going on with aligning the projected image to the screen if it were angling down from the ceiling.

Mate if its not too much to ask, couod you please show me some pics of the location of the projector? Just want to get an idea how everything looks.  My wife didnt want projector hanging on the ceiling in the living room, but if i could sell well to the senate then i might have to get projector instead n stick with plasma  for tv viewing.  I want to get 75" solely for movies.
Tnx
There you go Mate ,
Mine is mounted on the ceiling Mate. About 3.8 meters from the screen. Total length of the living room is 7 meters So roughly in the middle.
Cheers
20181103_195653.jpg

Tnx
Here is another one. I also have it set up for 5.2.4 atmos. Its not possible to get 7.2.4 due to no space on the sides. I am happy with the compromise. Hope this helps.20181104_102052.jpg

9 minutes ago, gillmaverick said:

Here is another one. I also have it set up for 5.2.4 atmos. Its not possible to get 7.2.4 due to no space on the sides. I am happy with the compromise. Hope this helps.20181104_102052.jpg

Is that duel subs you're running there? 

Yes Mate ,
2 X Ascension 12 inch Subs .
Thought they looked familiar! IMG20181104124112.jpg

On 04/11/2018 at 10:19 AM, gillmaverick said:

There you go Mate ,
Mine is mounted on the ceiling Mate. About 3.8 meters from the screen. Total length of the living room is 7 meters So roughly in the middle.
Cheers
20181103_195653.jpg

Thank you Gill.  

I had been trying to get the boss to like the idea of projector, but so far no.  Shes more of lools first before funtcion.  Haha

Planning to pull the trigger on Panny 75fx780 tomorrow . David Jones are selling this one for $ 2999 and with 5 % cashback from cashrewards this can be had for  $2850. Further discounts can also be had from the discounted gift cards if anyone is interested. Unfortunately David Jones won't deliver to my place so for me it will be ebay.

2 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

Planning to pull the trigger on Panny 75fx780 tomorrow . David Jones are selling this one for $ 2999 and with 5 % cashback from cashrewards this can be had for  $2850. Further discounts can also be had from the discounted gift cards if anyone is interested. Unfortunately David Jones won't deliver to my place so for me it will be ebay.

Bargain!!! 

You won't be disappointed 😎😎

I’ve been wading through the pages here looking for recommendations. I’m keen on this one as well...

5 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

Are you looking into this? it's 20% off, although shipping is a bit dearer than usual, try eBay Plus if you can avail free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Panasonic-75-TH75FX780A-4K-Ultra-HD-Smart-TV/222965164855?epid=7018861565&hash=item33e9c26b37:g:vxwAAOSwOYRbvT7k:rk:2:pf:0