Panasonic th 75fx780a user feedback

Planning to pull the trigger on Panny 75fx780 tomorrow . David Jones are selling this one for $ 2999 and with 5 % cashback from cashrewards this can be had for  $2850. Further discounts can also be had from the discounted gift cards if anyone is interested. Unfortunately David Jones won't deliver to my place so for me it will be ebay.

Well that sale didn't last long... it was there last night, but today checking online it's back up to full price.. [emoji15]

Well that sale didn't last long... it was there last night, but today checking online it's back up to full price.. [emoji15]
Yes , I had it in my cart and It was taken out before I paid....bugger......Appliance Central on ebay had it for $3090 Yesterday and now they have also bumped up the price....

9 minutes ago, Kensell21 said:

Well that sale didn't last long... it was there last night, but today checking online it's back up to full price.. emoji15.png

Yeah i noticed that today too.  There should be another sale coming this monday, or sometime towards xmas. 

Im patiently waiting. 

10 minutes ago, Kensell21 said:

May I ask at what price??

Hi Kensell ,

I paid $ 2940 delivered through  Videopro ebay. I got $ 30 back through cashrewards and I had purchased ebay gift vouchers giving me another $ 50 off. All in All  $ 2860 from my pocket.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 27/11/2018 at 8:31 PM, gillmaverick said:

Well ,

I pulled the trigger on  the pana 75FX780 Yesterday. Can not wait.

Congratulations on ur purchase gill. 

Please let us know what u think.  

Im more curious about how bad is haloing in med to max dimming. N how good is the contrast.

Tnx

24 minutes ago, Marknm said:

Congratulations on ur purchase gill. 

Please let us know what u think.  

Im more curious about how bad is haloing in med to max dimming. N how good is the contrast.

Tnx

No Worries Mate ,

Will let you know. It's getting delivered next week. Will post my initial thoughts once set up. I  will be comparing contrast and over all picture  to my JVC projector.

Cheers

22 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

No Worries Mate ,

Will let you know. It's getting delivered next week. Will post my initial thoughts once set up. I  will be comparing contrast and over all picture  to my JVC projector.

Cheers

I'll be doing exactly the same, I also purchased a new 75FX780 on the weekend and it gets delivered next week. Cant wait! 

Edited by TerryO

Edge  lit TV from 2017 with a brilliant local dimming algorithym.  So good that a couple of reviewers even thought it was full array.  Panasonic have reverted to IPS panels for their LCD tvs in 2018.  Like LG they just stay in the LCD game whilst all their R&D goes on OLED.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are no longer soon to be owners of the 75FX780, TNT managed to damage the box in transit and even though they reckon the TV is ok I don't want to take the risk, plus they did this over a week ago and never bothered to contact us to let us know about it or why they were taking so long to deliver it, in fact they didn't even tell Videopro. So I cancelled the order today and we will get a full refund so I am told by Videopro, TNT actually just left the damaged box sitting in the warehouse.

This was not Videopro's fault what happened but very annoying that such a established courier service cant get their **** together.

So given the delay now I'll just wait for the post Christmas sales and see what pops up then.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

10 minutes ago, TerryO said:

Well we are no longer soon to be owners of the 75FX780, TNT managed to damage the box in transit and even though they reckon the TV is ok I don't want to take the risk, plus they did this over a week ago and never bothered to contact us to let us know about it or why they were taking so long to deliver it, in fact they didn't even tell Videopro. So I cancelled the order today and we will get a full refund so I am told by Videopro, TNT actually just left the damaged box sitting in the warehouse.

This was not Videopro's fault what happened but very annoying that such a established courier service cant get their **** together.

So given the delay now I'll just wait for the post Christmas sales and see what pops up then.

cheers Terry

What da H.......Mine was supposed to be delivered on 4rth December. I am still waiting and there is No update on TNT website. One of the rep has been in touch with me but this is frustrating and after hearing your experience Terry I am worried. 

3 minutes ago, gillmaverick said:

What da H.......Mine was supposed to be delivered on 4rth December. I am still waiting and there is No update on TNT website. One of the rep has been in touch with me but this is frustrating and after hearing your experience Terry I am worried. 

PM me and I'll give you a direct number of the person who looks after it through Videopro's head office. He got to the bottom of it within a hour.

That is providing you also purchased from Videopro through Ebay that is.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

Well My TV was just delivered by TNT. TV was standing upright as suggested by the Panasonic. No major damage to the box either. Ascrach here and there but nothing major. This thing is seriouly heavy. I gave him a hand to take it inside and my legs were shaking after about 10 meters. This is a back killer I tell you. Will install it on the wall next Tuesday and will post my initial thoughts.20181214_140925.jpg

• Like 3

Hi All ,
Tele is up on the wall. I am impressed. It looks stunning. Blacks are really good. I will do some critical viewing at night and post some more photos. This photo is True Cinema with backlight at 30 and all processing off. I had to increase the backlight as it was too dark due to day light coming in.
Cheers ,
20181218_123850.jpg

Edited by gillmaverick
  • Like 3

Hi Guys ,

Picture quality of this Tele is great but I am having sound issues. For some absurd reason I cannot hear vocals but only the background sound. You tube videos all work fine. Netflix works OK. Stan TV series work OK but All movies no vocals and also my media player ( MED8ER )  no vocals on any of my movies. I can hear background music but nothing that comes out of anyone's mouth.Free to air TV no sound either. I have played around with many settings to no avail. Let me know if anyone knows any tips.

Thanks

This is all going into the surround amp from the TV I imagine and visa versa?

If it's similar to my EX780a [it's predecessor] 'ONLY' HDMI channel 2 on the TV has ARC, so you might want to check that is the one connected to the HDMI ARC channel on your HT amp, also check your VEIRA LINK settings , which if memory serves me correctly is under the HDMI settings......when you say you are not getting any sound on free to air, this makes me suspect this is what the problem is.

If you have the TV connected to the internet, check to see if there are any software updates for it, I've had several on my TV in a year of ownership

2 hours ago, Tweaky said:

This is all going into the surround amp from the TV I imagine and visa versa?

If it's similar to my EX780a [it's predecessor] 'ONLY' HDMI channel 2 on the TV has ARC, so you might want to check that is the one connected to the HDMI ARC channel on your HT amp, also check your VEIRA LINK settings , which if memory serves me correctly is under the HDMI settings......when you say you are not getting any sound on free to air, this makes me suspect this is what the problem is.

If you have the TV connected to the internet, check to see if there are any software updates for it, I've had several on my TV in a year of ownership

Thanks Tweaky ,

Well this is doing my head in. I will explain in detail what the problem is. I have Nvidia Shield , MED8ER media player , PS4  and Foxtel connected to Denon X4300 via HDMI. TV is connected to ARC channel both ways ( HDMI 2 on TV and AVR ). All I did was replace the old samsung with Pana TV , everything else stayed the same. I use Shield for all streaming duties. Netflix  works fine and I get proper sound. Stan works on TV series only . Foxtel works properly as well. All movies played through Stan I can not hear  people talking but can hear background score. Same with Movies stored on my media player No vocals just background score.  Also no sound on free to Air channels through arc. I can not seem to find settings specific to ARC on the pana Either. 

Thanks for your help.

I will also wait  week or so before I enter your detailed picture settings for this TV Mate.

Cheers ,

Edited by gillmaverick

22 minutes ago, gillmaverick said:

I can not seem to find settings specific to ARC on the pana Either. 

ARC depends on both the TV and AVR settings.  Check you Denon AVR for its own ARC settings.

p/s gave up on ARC a little while ago, never could get it going with my Pana Plasma with both the Anthem & NAD AVRs ; am using optical

Edited by Snoopy8
Typo

15 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

ARC depends on both the TV and AVR settings.  Check you Denon AVR for its own ARC settings.

p/s gave up on ARC a little while ago, never could get it going with my Pana Plasma with both the Anthem & NAD AVRs ; am using optical

Thanks Snoop ,

Yes have double checked settings on Denon. No luck. I dont care about ARC as long as I can get sound from Stan and my media player.

Cheers

Well ,

I have an update and It is an embarrassing one. While setting the Tele up one of the center Channel wires got disconnected. Connected it back up and lo and behold everything is back to almost normal. ARC still does not work but That is no big deal. Now I can just relax and watch it. 

Thanks everyone for your input. 

Tweaky ,

Mate I will add your setting in about a weeks time and will let you know how it looks.

Cheers

• Like 3

I'm glad you found the culprit, crikey that would of been a bastard of a trouble shoot considering all the different sources you have if it hadn't of been something that simple that was the cause.

I'm not sure if my settings will work with the FX range of TV's, as they use different panels to the EX models, no harm in trying, it's a simple press of the reset button to put everything back to how it looks ATM.

1 hour ago, Tweaky said:

I'm glad you found the culprit, crikey that would of been a bastard of a trouble shoot considering all the different sources you have if it hadn't of been something that simple that was the cause.

I'm not sure if my settings will work with the FX range of TV's, as they use different panels to the EX models, no harm in trying, it's a simple press of the reset button to put everything back to how it looks ATM.

It did took me about 4 hours to find the culprit. Mine is VA panel and I thought yours is too. Anyway will definitely try your setting and report back .

2 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

It did took me about 4 hours to find the culprit. Mine is VA panel and I thought yours is too. Anyway will definitely try your setting and report back .

Please do let us know how Tweaky's custom tune up works, as I have not given up on buying a 75" FX, I just gave up on waiting an extra long time for a damaged box to arrive.

Christmas sales are just around the corner so I'm still interested in buying one, especially if the tube up works.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO