Panasonic th 75fx780a user feedback

On 06/10/2018 at 12:38 AM, Tweaky said:

I've sort of said [NO I DID SAY come searching old posts ] I'd do separate calibration settings for different  HDR-10/ REC 2020 and/  BT1886 Gamma settings .

That was the plan....I got hit in the head with a ladder atop of a truck backing out of a driveway.....fractured skull was the result, and I was sort of scatty, would sort of being the polite way I was thinking, for several months after that event.....hence, it never happened.

To be honest, they are the only two settings worth worrying about, other than REC709, which I have already posted.

The HDR-10/ REC2020  calibration is going to be a slog of a job to do, if only that the ChromaPure software I use for calibration, doesn't have those test patterns built in.....To do a full calibration from scratch with the inbuilt test patterns takes around 6 to 7 hours.....having to use outboard test patterns, well add around another 3 hours I reckon....it's why I've avoided doing it........... You could also say that this amount of time to do the job correctly, is why ISF certified techs ask the prices they do to calibrate.

They aren't ripping you off, it just takes time to do, as for every setting you change, you have to go back and measure how it has effected another setting...PITA, but the only way to get the result.?

Calibrating to BT1886 Gamma should not take that long, and it's something I might tackle first.

Anyway, it's School Holidays here ATM, which means I'm not going anywhere while the obese rug rats are a loose.

Time to calibrate, then post settings.

I hope you have fully recovered mate.  

• 3 weeks later...

although the stores don't have the ex780 listed it's still a current model on panasonic's web site. https://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/televisions/premium-ultra-hd-tvs/th-75ex780a.html

https://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/televisions/premium-ultra-hd-tvs/th-65ex780a.html

Its also the last 3D tv. you would have to get the store to order one in if you wanted this model 

I love my 75" and even though I had it for 12 months the size of the tv still looks big while watching it. unlike the samsung 60" I had it looked big at first but after 6 months it looked small.  

• Like 1

On 25/10/2018 at 10:37 PM, Lynne Mangold said:

although the stores don't have the ex780 listed it's still a current model on panasonic's web site. https://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/televisions/premium-ultra-hd-tvs/th-75ex780a.html

https://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/televisions/premium-ultra-hd-tvs/th-65ex780a.html

Its also the last 3D tv. you would have to get the store to order one in if you wanted this model 

I love my 75" and even though I had it for 12 months the size of the tv still looks big while watching it. unlike the samsung 60" I had it looked big at first but after 6 months it looked small.  

Im not sure if any store still selling the ex75.  

I also noticed as well that ex model reviews were done late last year or early this year.  So ill wait for those reviews, and good timing too as tvs are usually getting heavu discounts by early next year.

I wasnt sure of getting 75lcd or 65oled at first, but now im certain i want the 75, for me its just better with movies having the extra few inches as long as its as good or better than the ex.

I will also be updating our tele this month or during next Month's  Christmas sale. I have also decided to get the 75 inch instead of 65 inch Oled. It is Either Pana FX780 or the Sony X9000. I am leaning more towards the Pana as I think It can be had for $ 3000 or less and hopefully with Tweaky's settings would look great.

13 minutes ago, gillmaverick said:

I will also be updating our tele this month or during next Month's  Christmas sale. I have also decided to get the 75 inch instead of 65 inch Oled. It is Either Pana FX780 or the Sony X9000. I am leaning more towards the Pana as I think It can be had for $ 3000 or less and hopefully with Tweaky's settings would look great.

I bought the sony x9400e ladt feb, but returned ut after a while.  Cant stand the blooming and banding.  Hoping that fx780 dnt have blooming or very minimal, ast its common in lcd.  I realized im a bit fuzzy coming from vt30 plasma, but oled is too pricey for above 70".  

Edited by Marknm

46 minutes ago, Marknm said:

I bought the sony x9400e ladt feb, but returned ut after a while.  Cant stand the blooming and banding.  Hoping that fx780 dnt have blooming or very minimal, ast its common in lcd.  I realized im a bit fuzzy coming from vt30 plasma, but oled is too pricey for above 70".  

Yes Mark ,

Oleds are too expensive above 65 inch. Also the money I will save buying this Pana I can put towards updating my JVC projector .

14 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

Yes Mark ,

Oleds are too expensive above 65 inch. Also the money I will save buying this Pana I can put towards updating my JVC projector

I wish we had dedicated cinema room so i could get a projector, eyeing on that proper 4k jvc.

I wish we had dedicated cinema room so i could get a projector, eyeing on that proper 4k jvc.
Mate I don't have a dedicated Cinema either. I have made my living room a makeshift Cinema and It works with the drop down screen in front of our telly.See photos below During day and than at Night with screen down. Me and Mrs struggle to see the 60 inch Samsung after watching JVC. Thats why We will be upgrading to 75 inch instead of 65 Oled.
Cheers20181103_195917.jpg20181103_220602.jpg

2 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

Mate I don't have a dedicated Cinema either. I have made my living room a makeshift Cinema and It works with the drop down screen in front of our telly.See photos below During day and than at Night with screen down. Me and Mrs struggle to see the 60 inch Samsung after watching JVC. Thats why We will be upgrading to 75 inch instead of 65 Oled.
Cheers20181103_195917.jpg20181103_220602.jpg

Mate if its not too much to ask, couod you please show me some pics of the location of the projector? Just want to get an idea how everything looks.  My wife didnt want projector hanging on the ceiling in the living room, but if i could sell well to the senate then i might have to get projector instead n stick with plasma  for tv viewing.  I want to get 75" solely for movies.

Tnx

I have a similar setup, and have my PJ mounted on a small shelf on the rear wall, positioned so the lens is pointed directly at the middle of the screen when it's down.

This is actually the ideal setup for a PJ, as the light coverage of the screen is equal, and you don't need to have any extra electronic processing going on with aligning the projected image to the screen if it were angling down from the ceiling.

Mate if its not too much to ask, couod you please show me some pics of the location of the projector? Just want to get an idea how everything looks.  My wife didnt want projector hanging on the ceiling in the living room, but if i could sell well to the senate then i might have to get projector instead n stick with plasma  for tv viewing.  I want to get 75" solely for movies.
Tnx
There you go Mate ,
Mine is mounted on the ceiling Mate. About 3.8 meters from the screen. Total length of the living room is 7 meters So roughly in the middle.
Cheers
20181103_195653.jpg
  • Thanks 1

Tnx
Here is another one. I also have it set up for 5.2.4 atmos. Its not possible to get 7.2.4 due to no space on the sides. I am happy with the compromise. Hope this helps.20181104_102052.jpg

9 minutes ago, gillmaverick said:

Here is another one. I also have it set up for 5.2.4 atmos. Its not possible to get 7.2.4 due to no space on the sides. I am happy with the compromise. Hope this helps.20181104_102052.jpg

Is that duel subs you're running there? 

On 04/11/2018 at 10:19 AM, gillmaverick said:

There you go Mate ,
Mine is mounted on the ceiling Mate. About 3.8 meters from the screen. Total length of the living room is 7 meters So roughly in the middle.
Cheers
20181103_195653.jpg

Thank you Gill.  

I had been trying to get the boss to like the idea of projector, but so far no.  Shes more of lools first before funtcion.  Haha

• 2 weeks later...

Planning to pull the trigger on Panny 75fx780 tomorrow . David Jones are selling this one for $ 2999 and with 5 % cashback from cashrewards this can be had for  $2850. Further discounts can also be had from the discounted gift cards if anyone is interested. Unfortunately David Jones won't deliver to my place so for me it will be ebay.

2 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

Planning to pull the trigger on Panny 75fx780 tomorrow . David Jones are selling this one for $ 2999 and with 5 % cashback from cashrewards this can be had for  $2850. Further discounts can also be had from the discounted gift cards if anyone is interested. Unfortunately David Jones won't deliver to my place so for me it will be ebay.

Bargain!!! 

You won't be disappointed ??

I’ve been wading through the pages here looking for recommendations. I’m keen on this one as well...

5 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

Are you looking into this? it's 20% off, although shipping is a bit dearer than usual, try eBay Plus if you can avail free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Panasonic-75-TH75FX780A-4K-Ultra-HD-Smart-TV/222965164855?epid=7018861565&hash=item33e9c26b37:g:vxwAAOSwOYRbvT7k:rk:2:pf:0

14 minutes ago, Marknm said:

Are you looking into this? it's 20% off, although shipping is a bit dearer than usual, try eBay Plus if you can avail free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Panasonic-75-TH75FX780A-4K-Ultra-HD-Smart-TV/222965164855?epid=7018861565&hash=item33e9c26b37:g:vxwAAOSwOYRbvT7k:rk:2:pf:0

Thanks Mark ,

I am watching this one but hopefully It might even get cheaper tomorrow. 

• Love 1