brenwa76

SOLD: FS: SANSUI SR-838 TURNTABLE

Item: SANSUI SR-838 DIRECT DRIVE TURNTABLE
Price: $950
Item Condition: Good for age
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal + 2.6%, EFT
Extra Info:

Rarel opportunity to acquire a 1976 vintage Sansui Turntable that was near or top of line in the golden HiFi era, features Direct Drive platter rotation, Quartz lock (dead accurate), heavy aluminium platter, pitch control and strobe. Has undergone a cable upgrade with Aurealis - Van Damme Silver plated RCA leads.

Finished in piano black gloss, it presents well with some light scuffs to the main body and clear acrylic lid, which is in overall good condition for its age. Operationally it is fine, sometimes it hunts for target speed for a few seconds on start up, but once locked in doesn't move. Nice gentle cueing, which is careful on both vinyl and stylus. Visually - it's quite stunning!

Soft copies of manual (owner's and service) available. 

The below pictures are of the actual unit for sale taken a few months ago, however the headshell shown is not included (previously sold) It comes with the original Sansui silver headshell (Sans cartridge). The heatshrink on the tonearm as photographed has also since been removed.

It's rather large and heavy, so the preference is for it to be re-homed locally following pre-inspection, but I'm open to shipping it, just may take some additional time.

Thanks for looking!

Pictures:

DSC01583.JPG

DSC01584.JPG

DSC01585.JPG

DSC01586.JPG

DSC01587.JPG

DSC01588.JPG

DSC01589.JPG

DSC01590.JPG

DSC01591.JPG

DSC01592.JPG

Thanks Rob, my Sansui radar was "pinging" a few minutes ago, this must be why.

On 08/09/2018 at 10:23 AM, Cafad said:

Thanks Rob, my Sansui radar was "pinging" a few minutes ago, this must be why.

Did the sign come on by itself????? Nice looking unit Jeff :drool:

Still for sale?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sloper
      Item: Sansui AU555
      Price: $350
      Item Condition: Used, very nice and clean.
      Reason for selling: Too many Sansui Amps
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Goodaye all
      Got a recapped sansui AU555 that has to go, it has new tone board transistors and sound perfect.
      Has had coupling caps modified and sounds clear and crisp.
      Price reflects what it owes me.

Prefer pickup and demo.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By JayNTH
      Item:  SANSUI AU-X1111 MOS VINTAGE
      Price: 3000 firm + postage if requires.
      Item Condition: Excellent working condition
      Reason for selling: Too many amps
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal please add 3% fee.
      Extra Info: This Sansui is one of the top of the range in this day, purchased direct from Japan, recently serviced at Kimmy audio Sydney before listing for sale, many good reviews on google please search it out. The amp is in excellent working condition, every functions work fine. 
      I have this amp around 2 years and just hooked up sometimes. Local buyer welcome to have a listen. This amp is very heavy 35 kg so i prefer local pick up, however if requires to post i am happy to pack up and send at buyer cost, i still keep its double box was shipping from Japan would be safe for interstate shipping.

Please note: This amp 100v need a step down transformer.

Specs:
      https://audio-database.com/SANSUI/amp/au-x1111mosvintage-e.html

• By olegau
      Item:

Sansui AU-α607MR Integrated Amplifier Mel
      Price: 1250
      Item Condition: very good.  Recently was serviced. 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +PayPal fee 
      Extra Info:
      907MRX was the only amp awarded in Japan in 1995. 607DR is similar to 907DR.  The sound is the same but bit less power.
      Copper screws say a lot about the amp quality. It is built as a tank.   
      Sansui AU-α607MR was sold in Japan only.  It is need 100V power supply. 
      Comes with a high quality isolated 500W small size step down transformer. \
      No remote control.
      I believe that a buyer will not be disappointed.  The sound is so clear that you can hear a musician breath.  But what is most impress me is a high frequency bell sound. I have never heard in my live so nice bell sound.  I have had a lot of amps including many Sansui amps but only this one can do that.  It is just smoothly slow disappearing in air. Amazing! How Sansui could do that? My Luxman makes bells well too, but I prefer Sansui  bells. Sansui  bells sounding like inside a church whereas Luxman is outside one. 
      Specifications
      Power output: 90 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
      Frequency response: 0Hz to 300kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.003%
      Damping factor: 150
      Input sensitivity: 0.3mV (MC), 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)
      Signal to noise ratio: 70dB (MC), 88dB (MM), 110dB (line)
      Output: 150mV (line)
      Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω
      Dimensions: 430 x 162 x 452mm
      Weight: 18kg
      Year: 1996

• By zakblue
      Item: Sansui AU-D33AU Integrated Amplifier
      Price: $170 
      Item Condition: Good *see below
      Reason for selling: N L R
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:

This is the amp I grew up with. Possibly the reason I got into this hobby in the first place.
      It has some minor cosmetic blemishes on the top and the binding posts need some work as they
      are old and plastic and like to catch. Nothing a keen hobbyist couldn't fix easily.
      I have poked some fine cable through to connect to my thicker more recent design of speaker cable.
      It still sounds great!

50w P/C I think from memory.

• By Cafad
      Item: Sansui 607MR Integrated Amp.
      Price: $1000 (plus postage)
      Item Condition:  Fully functional but several superficial scratches to the face plate (and top plate).  So not as pretty as she could be.  See pics for details.
      Reason for selling:  So very many amps, I just can't keep them all.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:  Mention of it can be found here: https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/127101-sansui-alpha-series-amplifier-reviews/ 
      But you will have to head towards the end to find mention of this amp in particular.
      More info here: https://audio-heritage.jp/SANSUI/amp/au-alpha607mr.html 

Comes as is with no manual, no remote (Sansuis from this era don't have remotes) and is a 100V model so a step down transformer will be needed.  I suggest looking here: https://www.wallcann.com.au/500w-voltage-converter/ 

Photos: