Free old laptop with optical out.

boroboy

Hi All,

Was going to eBay it but figured it may be of more use to someone on here for streaming?

I've got my old Fujitsu Siemans C Series Lifebook that is of no use to me.

It's pretty old (square screen and Celeron processor) plus the battery has long since stopped holding charge and I can't for the life of me find the PSU (I have been using a spare which I need to keep).

It's old but it does have a built in ethernet port and the best bit, a built in optical audio out.

I thought I'd hook it up to my DAC and use it to stream Tidal or something, but to be honest, I just can't be bothered and I'm trying my best to de-clutter.

It runs Linux great but I am not a Linux guy, I've put a few flavors on there over the years to to play with but don't have time or inclination to learn it so I can't tell you if you can get a Linux driver for the optical audio.

I've just formatted it and put the original XP OS on there that came with it, I have the original set up discs.

So, if anyone wants it, collect from Tyabb or Somerville VIC 3912/3913

It's pretty worthless being so old but figured with the optical out it might be of use to someone here?

I've also got a HTPC computer case here too which would make a good project, I'll put that in it's own post.

Cheers.