Spring gtg Sunday 16th Sept 1pm

Guest Simonon

Sorry - I intended to reply to this a while ago.  A gtg at Simon's is always great and I was really hoping to get there.

Well, I won't make it for the BBQ lunch tomorrow, but I'll try to drop in later in the arvo, somewhere in between hosting interstate visitors and going to the airport to see family off on an overseas trip.

But, if I don't get there, I trust it will be a totally enjoyable reunion of the local faithful, with all the right sounds, beverages and BS conversation/philosophy/wisdom.  I'll definitely be there in spirit.

PS - if I do make it, I'll bring the NAD phono thingy, Christos.

• Like 2

Highlights for me were:

• the digital/analogue record player (dbx box)
  • the sound (again) of the 55 year-old studio monitors
  • A demonstration of the record cleaner
  • a Gene Krupa record (Verve label, in stereo, freshly cleaned)
  • The BBQ
  • Some classic SNA company
  • Like 4

It started off very low key at about 1pm. BBQ started up about 2pm, more than a few google eyes at the Tesla S,  interesting listening to the DBX and as @Benje says the sound of the big active valve driven ex studio speakers was clear and mighty. 

Simon being a lovely host let’s the day ebb & flow as it will. Some great non-audio discussion on the back deck. We will

get to a more environmental friendly society and our kids will lead the way. 

Many many thanks to @elcamry for getting me home. 

Edited by frankn
++
  • Like 2

As usual when Simon has a get together things are very relaxed , the Tesla S is something I haven't seen before very interesting car but way out my reach .

The sound of the speakers had improved with the amp upgrades and new super tweeters coming in above 10000 hz just giving the speakers a little more air and a more modern feel .

And no Frank has a bum leg and not because he had too much to drink .:)

Sorry Grumpy I didn't take any photos , just did not enter my mind :sorry:

• Like 4

An excellent afternoon, many thanks Simon.

As always, actual time spent on audio was minimal but we solved the worlds problems, fed the dog and magpies treats and met the guinea pigs. Even better I got the chance to go for a burn in the Tesla, not an everyday event.

Cheers boys.

Thank you Simon for an enjoyable get together. I don't get to many GTGs but I'm glad I ventured out on this fine Sunday afternoon. Being a fan of quality vintage components I was not surprised Simon's monitors sounded as good as they did. And @Benje, I'm glad you appreciated the Gene Krupa disc! (Thanks again Simon for cleaning it!)

Despite the best of hopes and intentions, I had to miss this one.:(

Great to hear it lived up to expectations, though.  Wow - going for a spin in a Tesla would've been an experience and those big monitors are always a joy - sounds like the ribbons are the icing on the cake.

Still, hopefully there will be further opportunities now that we are all starting to come out of hibernation.