Ron12

Koffee not on DAB+ in Melbourne

Is this happening anywhere else?  I was tuning past some DAB+ stations this morning went past Koffee, but the music sounded more like Smoth FM.  In fact there were occasional announcements for Smooth FM, but they were for Smooth 95.3, i.e. Sydney not Melbourne.  They also had the occasional ad, again Sydney related.   It wasn't a rebroadcast of Smooth 95.3 itself.  This afternoon it's still the same.

Koffee is still on the internet though, so what's going on?

I am not sure about the eastern states, but here in Adelaide Koffee became Coles radio years ago, but, yes, the old Koffee still exists as an internet radio station.

It was back on DAB+ here in Melbourne by early this morning. 

We had the same issue in Sydney, i thought i was going crazy. 

Now Koffee has been transformed to "Smooth Relax" in Sydney, according to my DAB display. Not happy!! Anyone know if Koffee's moved to another frequency or just been pushed out by the Smooth owners?

Re 'Stuart in the Hills' - not happy here either. Was very happy with Koffee playing on our kitchen/living room DAB radio as background during waking hours.

Very disappointed.

Unable to play the same via the App.

Re 'Stuart in the Hills' - just following up having listened to the alternatives - try "Chill". Seems to be the closest style to Koffee.

I listened to it too and it is now rubbish. It is now just a soft pop station. Chill used to be SBS Chill. It still sounds okay.

On 08/09/2019 at 5:47 PM, groovem said:

I listened to it too and it is now rubbish. It is now just a soft pop station. Chill used to be SBS Chill. It still sounds okay.

Chill is still an SBS station and, despite a fairly limited playlist, is still great downtempo background music.  I have it on all day in the office and almost every time I go to mute it when people come for a meeting they ask me to leave it on.  I just turn it down a bit now.  🙂

Alas, Koffee is no more.

Even the internet station is gone

You are now redirected to Smooth FM.

Hi All,

We live in Melbourne and we are very glad that koffee has been took off digital radio and has been replaced by the new "Smooth Relax" digital radio station.They are playing great easy listening tracks,much better in our opinion that what Koffee was playing and i really love listening to this new station.

I love this new "sister" station from Smooth FM and it's more like the original Smooth FM when it launched and used to play mostly easy listening tracks and not many modern day chart hits.We love listening to easy listening music and don't like modern day chart music so I am so happy that Smooth Relax has launched and hopefully it stays on air for a really long time and heaps of people start listening to it.

If people are unhappy with koffee been taken off air,maybe the digital station called Edge could be permanently taken off air and Koffee brought back to replace this while Smooth Relax continues to still be on air.

my favourite song is called 'High" by Lighthouse Family,it's a great easy listening song from the 90s and the old 3MP radio station in Melbourne used to regularly play this track for me but unfortunately they aren't on air anymore.I really hope that Smooth Relax starts playing this track regularly as i love hearing it played on the radio.

Please reply here if you have anything to say about this comment.

From Jono and ben

There's already too many easy listening stations. Koffee introduced me to a huge number of new artists and the fact that it is gone is a huge loss.

The day the music died. RIP Koffee. As Joni Mitchell once said: "You don't know what you've got till it's gone". You soothed my soul and chilled me out at the end of the day. Thanks to the peeps that laboured long and hard  to create and produce this wonderful radio station with it's different, interesting and chilled music content. RIP Koffee.

Does anyone know of an equivalent? I am having withdrawals.

Cheers

M

As discussed further up the thread, there is Chill which used to be SBS Chill.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LWA Staff
      Item: Arcam T32 DAB+ Tuner
      Price: $550
      Item Condition: Excellent Secondhand Condition
      Shipping: we can ship anywhere in Australia, POA
      Payment Method: Credit Cards, Cash, Paypal, Bank Transfer, ZipMoney
      Extra Info: As new condition with original packaging, accessories. Initially sold for $1,098. Bargain.
      Arcam says: "T32 Radio Tuner uses state-of-the art technologies to deliver the very best sound quality from DAB+, FM & AM. A bespoke iPod interface is also included allowing full integration of compatible iPods with any high performance music system using the rDock or rLead."
      Pictures:

• By Rockster
      Item:  Rotel Digital Gateway, DAB+, Wireless Internet and FM Radio
      Price: $495
      Item Condition: Excellent, one owner, used in a dedicated music room, complete with all original accessories and packaging.
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      The RT-12 is an FM and DAB+ preset radio tuner and much more besides. By incorporating wireless and Ethernet network capabilities, the RT-12 can receive thousands of internet radio broadcasts, and play audio files stored on UPnP servers such as Windows computers. If your computer is home to a library of music files and you have wondered about playing them over your hi-fi, the RT-12 is your answer. The RT-12 boasts digital to analogue conversion based on the Wolfson WM8740 DAC chip to ensure that each digital source retains every last drop of musical quality, and it can serve as the wireless hub for the Rotel iPhone and iPad Remote app to control the entire hi-fi system.
      Specifications:
      Model: RT-12
      FM Tuner -
      Usable Sensitivity: 22.2dBf
      50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 27.2dBf (mono)
      Signal to Noise Ratio: (at 65 dBf) 63dBf (mono) 60dBf (stereo)
      Harmonic Distortion: (at 65 dBf) 0.2% (mono) 0.3% (stereo)
      Frequency Response: 10Hz-15kHz, ±3dB
      Stereo Separation (100/1kHz/10kHz) 40dB/45dB/35dB
      Output Level 1.0V
      Antenna Input 75Ω unbalanced
      DAB+ Tuner -
      Sensitivity -80dBm
      Tuning Range Band III 174-240MHz
      Audio Data Rate 320Kbps (Max)
      Frequency Response 20 - 20KHz +/- 1.0dB
      Analogue Output 2.1V at 0dBFS
      Antenna Input 75Ω F connector
      Networks -
      Network Connection 802.11b/g
      Security WEP, WPA1 (TKIP) , WPA2 (TKIP)
      File Formats (UPnP Music Server) AAC, MP3, WMA (except lossless), OGG
      Vorbis, WAV, AIFF, FLAC and AU
      General -
      Power Consumption 16 Watts
      Standby Power Consumption (Normal Mode) 0.5 Watts
      Power Requirements (AC) 120V, 230V, 50Hz (Australia)
      Weight (Net) 5.1kgs (11.24 lbs)
      Dimensions (W x H x D) 430 x 93 x 330mm
      Front Panel Height 80mm
      Finish Black

Pictures:

• By SAVI Systems
      Item: Geneva Model XXL A/V System in a cabinet : HDMI, Wireless, Dab+/CD, Airplay -  - Ex-Showroom Demo -
      Location: SAVI Systems Showroom, 1168 Albany Hwy, Bentley, W.A.
      Price: $4070  $5499
      Item Condition: Ex-Showroom Demo - Full Manufacturer's Warranty - Excellent Condition
      Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Cash, PayPal, Pickup in store, Visa, Mastercard with no fees or penalties
      Extra Info:  
      This is a white unit and it weighs 50kg so local pick up/drop off only - it is ex display but in excellent condition.

The Geneva Model XXL All-in-one Audio Visual system in a cabinet is a perfect example of Geneva's philosophy that "Great Sound has Never Looked Better". Based in Switzerland, Geneva Lab considers both functional simple design and sound quality as equally important. All Geneva products have a refreshingly intuitive balance of style, immaculate build quality, simplicity of use and of course - that amazing sound quality. Geneva Lab products produce true high end sound that is delivered via patented technologies to project beautifully balanced three dimensional sound throughout your room - you always feel part of the music. The Geneva Model XXL comprises of the following inputs/features built into the cabinet: Speaker System: 2 × 1” tweeters, 4 × 5¼” woofers, and 1 × 8” subwoofer•
      Power Amplifier: Digital Hi-Fi amplifiers (Class D) with 589 (2 × 32W, 4 × 100W, 1 × 125W) watt output• Frequency Range: 30 Hz to 20 kHz (-3dB)
      Built-in Wireless Audio / Tuner• Apple AirPlay; DLNA/UPnP (WiFi, WPS, Ethernet)• Bluetooth Audio A2DP• FM-RDS/DAB/DAB+
      Other Connectivity• Analog Audio in: 2 × stereo RCA plugs for external inputs • Digital Audio in: 1 × coaxial; 1 × optical • HDMI IN: 2 × IN ; 1 × HDMI ARC • HDMI OUT: 1 × OUT
          If the idea of a space-saving cabinet that combines a complete modern home cinema and music sound system with a full range of steaming audio options sounds good to you, then the new Geneva Model XXL will be of interest.
      The GENEVA XXL is designed to be both a beautiful stand for your TV, and also a sound powerhouse, thanks to almost 600 watts of Class D digital amplification spread across seven individual channels. It boasts DAB+ Digital Radio, three HDMI inputs, including an ARC (audio return channel) input to read your TV remote, Coaxial Digital, Optical Digital and it can also connect to your mobile device via Airplay, DLNA, and Bluetooth. In short, there’s not much this cabinet can’t do.

The Model XXL is also accompanied by easy one-touch operation and a clear, large LED status display to let you know information such as volume, bass, treble, input etc.  What GENEVA have achieved with the XXL is a beautiful looking furniture grade A/V cabinet to suit up to 75" T.V's that is also packed with modern Audio Visual connections to ensure that your movies, games and music sound stunning.   So when sound matters as much as looks - Geneva Labs Switzerland has some great options to please both your eyes and your ears.
      Pictures:

• By SAVI Systems
      Item: Geneva Model S Wireless Dab+ w/Bluetooth all-in-one - RED Colour ONLY - BRAND NEW SEALED BOX
      Price: $519  $699
      Item Condition: BRAND NEW SEALED BOX
      Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Cash, PayPal, Pickup in store, Visa, Mastercard with no fees or penalties 
      Extra Info: 
      The Geneva Model S All-in-one home stereo is a perfect example of Geneva's philosophy that "Great Sound has Never Looked Better". Based in Switzerland, Geneva Lab considers both functional simple design and sound quality as equally important. All Geneva products have a refreshingly intuitive balance of style, immaculate build quality, simplicity of use and of course - that amazing sound quality. Geneva Lab products produce true high end sound that is delivered via patented technologies to project beautifully balanced three dimensional sound throughout your room - you always feel part of the music.   The Geneva Model S is a compact, yet room filling system that allows you to listen to DAB+ Digital Radio, FM radio,  Wireless Bluetooth (apt-X) for Smartphones and Tablets, a spare analogue Aux input for other equipment as well as a Digital Clock with alarm function. In fact the Geneva Model S sounds so good that What Hi-Fi gave it their "Best Mains Powered Wireless Speaker" award in its price class.

The Model S is also accompanied by easy one-touch operation and a clear, large LED status display to let you know information. Housing 2 individual speakers and 2 custom low distortion Amplifiers it sounds simply stunning.  So when sound matters as much as looks - Geneva Labs Switzerland has some great options to please both your eyes and your ears.
      Pictures:

• By SAVI Systems
      Item: Geneva Model XL Wireless Dab+/CD  w/Bluetooth all-in-one - includes floorstand - Ex-Showroom Demo -
      Price: $2860  $3950   including Geneva XL Modificato Floorstand
      Item Condition: Ex-Showroom Demo - Full Manufacturer's Warranty - Excellent Condition
      Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Cash, PayPal, Pickup in store, Visa, Mastercard with no fees or penalties
      Extra Info: - This price includes the Optional Geneva Metal Modificato floorstand which retails for $449 -
      Swiss designed Geneva products are renowned for the great sound and classic simple design ethos.
      The Geneva Model XL Wireless is a Dab+/FM radio, has a slot load CD Player – it now has Bluetooth/WiFi streaming as well as line input,  in-built audio amplifier and... an alarm clock. - this is a Matte black finish model.

The Model XL Wireless DAB+ is one of the larger additions to Geneva’s range of new DAB+ compatible one box systems. It’s larger construction enables a wider frequency response to other models in the range with a modern design that can really make a statement as a focal point in a room, or fit seamlessly into your living space as you choose.
      It’s one-box simplistic design may suggest otherwise, but inside the Model XL is an intricate formation of amplifiers and speakers to give you a fascinating listening experience.
      Inside is 2 x 1” tweeters, 2 x 5.25” woofers and 2 x 8” inca subwoofers.
      Whilst being powered each by separate Class D amplifiers with DSP, the Model XL Wireless DAB+ can generate 346 Watts RMS.
      This makes it ideal for larger living spaces, perfect for entertaining and even modern office spaces and conference areas.

The Bluetooth apt-X wireless technology enables you to connect to plenty of compatible devices including smart phones, iOS, Android and computers. The Model XL is also compatible with a range of wireless streaming platforms including AirPlay® with Apple AirPort Express and Sonos.

Compatible with the new DAB+, Sleek Design.... Even the CD slots understated aesthetic show Geneva have an eye for design as well as an ear for sound.

Pictures: