SOLD: REGA DAC with iFi Nano

SOLD

Item: Rega DAC (with an iFi Nano which can be used as a USB to S/PDIF converter)
Price: SOLD. including an iFi nano to use as a USB to S/PDIF converter
Item Condition: Used, excellent
Reason for selling: No longer required
Payment Method: Cash; Paypal (add 3%); Bank Transfer
Extra Info:

I got this as an upgrade from my Musical Fidelity V-DAC II earlier this year, and got the iFi nano to use as a USB to S/PDIF converter.

Instead of getting the new Rega DAC-R, which has up to 192 kHz via USB, I figured this would be a far cheaper way to get all the benefits of hi res through USB without shelling out $1200. Now with this combo, you can have all the benefits of the hi res through the Rega DAC without paying three times the price.

The DAC is in excellent condition. See the photos I took in natural outdoor light, with the intention of showing the unit as it appears. What you see in the photo is how it looks. There are very minimal cosmetic markings, if any, on the DAC. The iFi is a bit more cosmetically challenged, and I have documented this in the photos. The good thing is that while it works perfectly, it is very small, runs on USB power only, and can be easily hidden out of sight if that's what you want to do. It can also handle 192 kHz and DSD in its own right if you want that. But my intention was to use it simply as the USB converter, as the Rega DAC only came out with 48 kHz through the USB for some reason. So if you're playing files from your computer, ruun the USB into the iFi nano DAC, then the co-ax digital out from there into the co-ax in on the Rega, and you have equalled the Rga DAC-R in performance, for all intents and purposes. The Rega DAC retailed for $1199 when it was on the market.

I went deaf in one ear from a virus a few months ago, and have neither a need nor desire for my hi fi gear any longer. After months of deliberation, I've decided to sell it all, so please have a look at my other listings in case there is anything else you might like.

You are welcome to come and pick it up from Bunyip, about 20 minutes east of Pakenham. Or I am also happy to deliver it anywhere in Melbourne for free if you prefer. Alternatively, shipping can be arranged at the buyer's expense.

https://www.whathifi.com/rega/dac/review

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ifi-nano-idsd.19896

Pictures:

IMG_6143.JPG

IMG_6144.JPG

IMG_6145.JPG

IMG_6146.JPG

IMG_6147.JPG

IMG_6148.JPG

IMG_6149.JPG

IMG_6150.JPG

IMG_6151.JPG