Sign in to follow this  
Quady2

Cables for Sennheiser HD600?

At present I'm using an HD650 cable, which is supposed to be better than the stock standard HD600 cable. There are so many aftermarket cables for these headphones, I thought I'd ask those who are actually using or have used aftermarket cables for these wonderful headphones.

Any suggestions please?

@Quady2

http://www.stefanaudioart.com/shop/e-series-single-ended-audiophile-headphone-cable-for-the-sennheiser-hd650600580/

I have been using E series for afew years now an couldn’t be happier.  A very worthwhile upgrade for the HD600/650 series

The other her option is furutech which would be less expensive, couldn’t tell what they like from experience but I have furutech power cables and appropriate connectors and the build quality it top notch. 

http://www.krispyaudio.com.au/categories/Cables/Headphone-Cables/

Neo

@Neo  Just checked out the Stefan Audio Art site and it's quoting USD 329.00 for a 1.5m length of HD600 cable. This translates to AUD 457.00 (app). Do you think it is worth this much? It's a lot of money and I would want to be quite sure before ordering. Many Thanks, John.

I ordered 3m awhile back and haven’t looked back. What about contacting Cameron at Krispy audio and see if he has the furutech cables at his shop. Perhaps you can do a demo and if you like the improvements it will be a less expensive option and it’s local

Neo

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I ordered 3m awhile back and haven’t looked back. What about contacting Cameron at Krispy audio and see if he has the furutech cables at his shop. Perhaps you can do a demo and if you like the improvements it will be a less expensive option and it’s local

Neo

I have a mate who had that Furutech cable and it went on him after about 2 years of use, so not inclined to go there. Just wondering, do you use a valve or SS headphone amp? Mine is a valve unit. Musical Fidelity XCAN V2 with the Little Pinkie upgrade kit installed http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/v2upgradekit.html

Edited by Quady2

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Solid state Lehman Audio Linear SE 

This one?

Edited by Quady2

Just now, Neo said:

That’s the one 👍🏻

It's a pricey unit. Does it drive the HD600 well?, I'm guessing it does.

Still looking for suggestions. @Hippy  Did a bit of a search on the Cardas cables, but I couldn't find a dealer who sells them here. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

Addicted to audio or A2A. They may not have it on their website but can order directly from Cardas through their supllier

Neo

Just found the Cardas cable at A2A; $379 for 1.5m, enough length for my needs. That's not a bad price and it is roughly the sort of money I was expecting to spend.

Edited by Quady2