Please recommend 4k Atmos streaming device for Netflix

6 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

Anyone have any other options that do Atmos and native frame rate? I'm really sick of the ATV 4k, both from stupid network dropout issues (even though I'm on Ethernet, right next to the router), continually being asked to login on start-up, and the god awful on screen notifications over content that you can't disable. I'm on a 100M NBN plan, and I'm also not that impressed with image quality, banding like on The Grand Tour.

99% of stuff in the projector /HT is disc based, and every time I use ATV and steaming in the HT I'm just chronically disappointed, and think I should has just watched it upstairs on the old TV and  1080p Apple Tv

mobe, a real  shame having issues you are, been running ATV 4k since released but not seeing any of above ? id be exploring what network issues you have. you have nbn. dont underestimate the level of issues that creates took me months of haranguing... requiring intervention from both network provider, ISP and NBN. I believe they are still doing work in our area...

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2019 at 7:05 AM, Mobe1969 said:

I'm really sick of the ATV 4k, both from stupid network dropout issues (even though I'm on Ethernet, right next to the router), continually being asked to login on start-up, and the god awful on screen notifications over content that you can't disable. I'm on a 100M NBN plan, and I'm also not that impressed with image quality, banding like on The Grand Tour.

Do you have friends with another streaming device, non ATV4K? Any chance you can borrow and see if you have issues with those as well? If so, likely bring it up with your ISP. Like @betty boop, I suspect this is the case...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deafenears said:

Do you have friends with another streaming device, non ATV4K? Any chance you can borrow and see if you have issues with those as well? If so, likely bring it up with your ISP. Like @betty boop, I suspect this is the case...

Guess I could try others. But to be honest steaming is so low on my priority I'm not likely to bother. Plus I'm a stickler for frame rate matching. Each time I consider another device, that side of it looks like a total XXXX-show. Plus the extraneoius rubbish that irritates me (like the on screen nags/notifications like "skip credits" and ""Next Episode" (garbage that wrecks the immersion of viewing) I'm that not subjected to on disc, I expect no matter what device I'll have it'll be more or less the same.

I find the older appletv, the 1080p model, more tolerable to be honest for on screen nags. Although still some.