Stereonet Hi-Fi Show new models

Hello people,

Very soon we will participating once again in the international high-fidelity show in Melbourne in conjunction with Holton Audio. In this opportunity we will be presenting two new models.

One of them is "Nina", a very sophisticated 2-way model. The other model is "Duke", a three-way loudspeaker that replaces our successful Astor model as our high-end model.

One of our objectives in the development of both models was to bring the application of our LDBT (low diffraction diffraction technology) to the limit, to guarantee the smoothest possible frequency response on axis and in a very wide off-axis area, both horizontally and vertically. To achieve this, all the angles and all the structural elements of the speaker enclosures have been carefully examined, as well as the selection of drivers and the crossover components used.

As with the Ella MKII model, the LDBT in combination with our CST (coherent sound technology) were applied in both models with the objective of improving imaging and allowing a larger soundstage compared to the conventional speaker enclosures. The speaker box simply disappears and you are wrapped in a generous and pleasant sound experience.

We hope to see you soon in Melbourne.  You will find us again in room 1311.

Best regards.

Nicolas Hulgich

HULGICHAUDIO

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Hello Kanyin,
Unfortunately we have not been able to test our new speakers with the system that Anthony will be presenting on this occasion.
I know he's very busy finishing the final details of his new preamp and his dac, and he will also presenting new amplifiers as well.
In the past we have tested their amplifiers and we liked them very much. 

We have no doubt that their new models will sound great too and we are looking forward to try them at the show.

• Like 1

Here you have a picture of the 2 prototypes that we have made for measurement purpose and final crossover design.

We are very happy with the end result.

I promise final product photos later on.

Regards

Nicolas Hulgich

HULGICHAUDIO

Duke and Nina models_HULGICHAUDIO

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Administrator
On 03/09/2018 at 1:06 AM, HA_Nick said:

Here you have a picture of the 2 prototypes that we have made for measurement purpose and final crossover design.

We are very happy with the end result.

I promise final product photos later on.

Regards

Nicolas Hulgich

HULGICHAUDIO

Duke and Nina models_HULGICHAUDIO

There's something really intimidating about these in white, in a good way though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Been hearing to the Nina's today while selecting some music for the show.

I thought I was hearing to Astor's for moments in regards to bass response. 

Impressive bottom end for a small 2 way speaker. 

Beautiful speaker for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard and played with the Astors myself. Unbelievably good. They have a magic to them thats immediately obvious - and they were on the end of a very average receiver! Once the owner bought some decent amps (he's now upgraded to Elektra Pre and Power amp) they just sounded insanely good. It also meant he didn't need his subs when he upgraded to the Elektras, which I knew were only there because he was running such average amplifier in the first place. I knew the Astors were capable of alot more... I've listened to Wilson Sashas, top of the range Linkiwitz OB speakers, ATC SMC40's, I've owned Spendor A9, ProAc standmount and small floor standers, PMC and currently running Dynaudio speakers, and the Astors are as good or better than all of the speakers I've heard. They have an effortlessness and smoothness that is just beguiling, create a lovely soundstage, have wonderful tonality, but can kick and rock out without raising a sweat. 

So cant wait to hear the new speakers! Should be a very special room!

Edited by Max Headroom
Left something out...
  • Like 1

Hi mate,

The new model sounds in some way very similar to that of Astor. But the new Satori drivers have brought a bit more transparency, especially in the mid-range.

In size, the Dukes are a little more compact than the Astor's and their shape provides a very smooth and flat frequency response. We are very happy with the end result and we hope that they sound good in our room.
Please come a visit us at the show.