YAMAHA REIGNITES TOP-END HI-FI WITH NEW FLAGSHIP MODELS

Guest jakeyb77

These new attempts from Yamaha don’t ignite my need to shell out coin at all. Which is a shame as I was really excited to see these come on the market. 

The amp is peaking to produce any sort of higher listening volume and the sound is as bland as the A-S range. 

I have not heard any of the latest offerings so I can not comment on their sound per pound qualities.

I do however find it disappointing that stylistically they are simply rehashing the golden era. The amp is to all ends a B2,the pre a C-4 or 6, speakers NS1000’s and the deck a pf800. Rather reminds me of a new Mustang.

Now we are talking about Yamaha, a world production powerhouse releasing a statement product at a very high price point. These items should set design high water marks. The best, brightest young designers should be creating the look of today. A new benchmark that in 20 years will be revered for styling nuances too advanced for the average punter to understand at the time. This is what great design is, something that only in hindsight reveals just how magnificent it is. The retro rod look is an easy, lazy way to gain acceptance. I find it disappointing that a company with such talent at it’s disposal have not taken a risk and pushed the boat out on this series.

Maybe today’s consumer is unwilling to embrace something new and exciting and the finance department needs to know a specific set of sales parameters can be met before signing off on the range. A great pity, I can understand a small company 

afraid to take a risk, but this represents such a tiny fraction of Yamaha’s business I would have expected better.

Guest jakeyb77
Just now, Ooogh said:

I have not heard any of the latest offerings so I can not comment on their sound per pound qualities.

I do however find it disappointing that stylistically they are simply rehashing the golden era. The amp is to all ends a B2,the pre a C-4 or 6, speakers NS1000’s and the deck a pf800. Rather reminds me of a new Mustang.

Now we are talking about Yamaha, a world production powerhouse releasing a statement product at a very high price point. These items should set design high water marks. The best, brightest young designers should be creating the look of today. A new benchmark that in 20 years will be revered for styling nuances too advanced for the average punter to understand at the time. This is what great design is, something that only in hindsight reveals just how magnificent it is. The retro rod look is an easy, lazy way to gain acceptance. I find it disappointing that a company with such talent at it’s disposal have not taken a risk and pushed the boat out on this series.

Maybe today’s consumer is unwilling to embrace something new and exciting and the finance department needs to know a specific set of sales parameters can be met before signing off on the range. A great pity, I can understand a small company 

afraid to take a risk, but this represents such a tiny fraction of Yamaha’s business I would have expected better.

I get what you’re saying but I’d say the amp is more MX-2000 the Preamp is a CX-2000 style Turntable is more GT-2000 and speakers of course are NS-1000. 

1 minute ago, jakeyb77 said:

I get what you’re saying but I’d say the amp is more MX-2000 the Preamp is a CX-2000 style Turntable is more GT-2000 and speakers of course are NS-1000. 

Indeed, no doubt we are picking up on specific styling features, our eyes drawn by specific cues. Needless to say they are retro inspired designs.

I do not wish to imply that the build and finish is anything but world class, both the speakers and turntable appear to be to the standards set by their instrument building arm, beyond reproach and I am sure in the flesh they are items of great beauty.