YAMAHA REIGNITES TOP-END HI-FI WITH NEW FLAGSHIP MODELS

• Administrator

Off the back of the success of the NS-5000, Yamaha has today announced a suite of flagship models, including the GT-5000 turntable, C-5000 pre-amplifier, and M-5000 power amplifier, each pushing the boundaries and showcasing Yamaha's capabilities ...

View the full article

m5000blfruagblvs_1995x1360_7fb3defe7ffff2c1c3aca106a4f08dfe__large_full.jpg

c5000spfruagbtklvs_1995x1360_ce3cc6c266743b44c934a63633717cf6__large_full.jpg

gt5000pb_3400x3400_b735ea1a70fde5f9090773d78db07eb9__large_full.jpg

• Like 2

Darn you're quick , makes me wonder if they'll do a cds5000 for a complete 5000 system

Interesting  the amp.is rated at 100w at 8ohms, i would have expected more.

Screenshot_20180824-081150_Facebook.jpg

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 1

On 24 August 2018 at 8:38 AM, Marc said:

They had me at VU meters!

Wonder if you can bi amp? - looks like you could but only via rca outs- only one pair of xlr outs.  Looking at pics , looks like they can be bridged into mono , interesting 

Edited by cafe67

awesome stuff

i wish i could have afforded the AS-2100 but i am happy with the AS-1100.

will be keen to see the prices on these.

not sure if i need or will benefit from the pre amp but the power amp and that GT i'll be looking at closely...

I love the look of the Yamaha products, and hope that they succeed.

But, like cafe67 I think they missed a trick.  It should have at least 150 watts per channel.  Accuphase's E-470 has a rated

180 watts, Marantz's PM-10 is specified at 200 watts, and Parasound's HINT6 has 160 watts.  Luxman's L-509X is rated at

120 watts which I think is a minimum for an amplifier which is a "flagship".

BUT, I don't understand the arm on the turntable.  A straight arm with no off-set on the headshell.  What am I not

getting here?

Regardless, I decided I want a full system, especially when and if they bring out a disc player.  Or maybe I'll settle for a

CD-S3000.  How do I set up a gofundme page, or whatever it's called?

• Like 2

Guest jakeyb77

If the MX-5000 sounds like the AS range I wouldn’t go near it. I got offered a 3000 for less than $4000 new and turned it down. 

The Turntable I am very keen to hear at the Show. 

2 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

If the MX-5000 sounds like the AS range I wouldn’t go near it. I got offered a 3000 for less than $4000 new and turned it down. 

The Turntable I am very keen to hear at the Show. 

100%. The AS range was the biggest disappointment for a very long time. It was/is tres ordinaire gear in fancy clothes

Guest jakeyb77
4 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Yes they were.  They have even tried to make it look like the DD GT tables of the 70/80's.

I love the GT-2000.

Being that you don’t need a large step down and it’s DD it would take a lot from this table to make me choose it. Going in open minded though. 

47 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

I love the GT-2000.

Being that you don’t need a large step down and it’s DD it would take a lot from this table to make me choose it. Going in open minded though. 

I bet it will be more expensive than a GT-2000 as well.

19 hours ago, Antipodean Brad said:

I love the look of the Yamaha products, and hope that they succeed.

But, like cafe67 I think they missed a trick.  It should have at least 150 watts per channel.  Accuphase's E-470 has a rated

180 watts, Marantz's PM-10 is specified at 200 watts, and Parasound's HINT6 has 160 watts.  Luxman's L-509X is rated at

120 watts which I think is a minimum for an amplifier which is a "flagship".

BUT, I don't understand the arm on the turntable.  A straight arm with no off-set on the headshell.  What am I not

getting here?

Regardless, I decided I want a full system, especially when and if they bring out a disc player.  Or maybe I'll settle for a

CD-S3000.  How do I set up a gofundme page, or whatever it's called?

Looks like it can be bridged into mono operation.

12 hours ago, rantan said:

100%. The AS range was the biggest disappointment for a very long time. It was/is tres ordinaire gear in fancy clothes

Personally I enjoy the sound of my as3000.... Each to his own 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest jakeyb77
6 hours ago, cafe67 said:

Personally I enjoy the sound of my as3000.... Each to his own 

I am the first to say that we all have differing tastes and should do. It’s a hobby to enjoy new things. But if you love the 3000 so much why have you had it for sale for a couple of months? Serious question. 

Guest Muon N'
On 24/08/2018 at 2:28 PM, Chill3 said:

The TT is belt drive :(

Damn!

That poured water on the fire ignited in me when i looked at the pic :o

So a pretender it is.

Guest jakeyb77
11 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

Damn!

That poured water on the fire ignited in me when i looked at the pic :o

So a pretender it is.

As a Yamaha tragic it’s a real shame to me. They could ignite so much interest and nostalgia but the overwhelming material I have read so far is that they are underwhelming, at least for the outlay. It all looks the biz but just those small details are lacking. 

GT-2000 Direct Drive, surely they had to know how many are being snapped up now. 

The MX-2000 has plenty of power and amazing sound.

I’m yet to hear the NS-5000 but I hope to hear good things. 

I tried to love the AS series but I just kept searching for more every time I had it playing. 

1 hour ago, jakeyb77 said:

I am the first to say that we all have differing tastes and should do. It’s a hobby to enjoy new things. But if you love the 3000 so much why have you had it for sale for a couple of months? Serious question. 

ADHD