Dear Apple... I think I had enough

I could swallow slow speed and overall response, fast battery drain and I don't know what else but be unable to connect to my BT devices including car is just too much...don't know what else has to happen to force Apple fixing these issues but it seems the only way how to solve it is dump the damn phone and buy an Android :mad:   

• Like 1

Check Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services to see how many apps are regularly polling. This uses an enormous amount of battery power. Try turning location services off and see what that does to battery life, then turn them on a few at a time to see what the culprit is. I'm not sure why you have BT connection problems, my iphoneX connects fine  to 2 cars

thanks guys to help me out with battery issues but as said I can live with it as I know why its draining faster, what I don't understand is BT issues after update as reported on several forums including Apple tech forum by lots of people, as said I can live with slow speed and battery but I can't live with the phone if it can't connect to BT devices

edit: and I did all the resetting as suggested on those forums, it didn't help me as it didn't help others...

Edited by kukynas
edit sentence

Weird, my iPhone BT function is working great. Been using it all week with headphones and found I can be in another room from my phone and the cans still pick up the Spotify broadcast from my mobile.  

Apples updates can be problematic just as Android and whatever OS people run, I believe the trouble is they are trying to accommodate too many devices across different models on these platforms they sometimes need a few go’s with their updates to get things right I and many others like yourself have had iPhone update issues Apple did something like 4 updates in 2 weeks recently while that is a pain at least they do try to rectify their stuff ups just have to be patient nowadays I guess. 

11 hours ago, kukynas said:

I got i6+ so older phone and I’m not the only one, lot’s of people with same troubles after update to 11.4.1

My wife went to Apple with battery issues with 6S+. They were going to swap her battery for free, then broke something in the repair = Brand new 6S+ that is working flawlessly. Can't complain about their after sales service. I handed my 6 to my father who gave his 5 to my mum. All working fine on current iOS, although mum and dad don't have many apps etc.

In all the iPhones/iPads I've had, I've never had a bluetooth problem that couldn't be rectified by a power off/on. I do have intermittent issues with a garmin bike computer, but appears to be issues between the 2 companies. I currently have 11 devices my iPhone X is paired with (not at the same time) and very rarely have an issue

I'd suggest a back up. Restore to factory settings and then restore from back up.

Edited by blybo

12 hours ago, kukynas said:

I could swallow slow speed and overall response, fast battery drain and I don't know what else but be unable to connect to my BT devices including car is just too much...don't know what else has to happen to force Apple fixing these issues but it seems the only way how to solve it is dump the damn phone and buy an Android :mad:   

On my 6S with battery running out, mine was replaced at 1 year point no questions asked. New one been fine the last year or s o !

Guest gnnett
12 hours ago, BATMAQN said:

Apples updates can be problematic just as Android and whatever OS people run, ...

???? well, my Windows Phone doesn't seem to have any problems with updates. Although rather embarrassingly, it doesn't have the ability to see "devices available" in Spotify.????

Orphan operating systems have their benefits some times.

couple of thousands more gray hairs, 5 hours fiddling, couple of forums read, couple of factory resets, reinstall of the aps, firmware updates and I don't what else but it's finally working, watches are asking for pairing always they loose BT signal with phone (no idea why) but I can live with that for now, one more such problem and it goes...I don't have time, patience and frustration free attitude for such fiddling, I would rather pay for new droid phone every 2 years than this... 

one more thing, not just general rant but my real experience, when I bought my first ipad 7 years ago I expected benchmark performance, hassle free OS and exceptional battery life and I got it all so I didn't questioning paying premium for it (btw. it's still in use with original battery) or buying droid version instead, my 3 years old ipad had already battery changed (beginning of this year) and I wouldn't call it benchmark anymore, my phone is nearly 3 years old and had also battery changed 6 months ago, is crazy slow since update to iOS 10xx ( I think) and with every update there's some restart or resetting required (besides latest experience), my wife's S6 Edge was running perfectly fine without issues with OS or slow speed and battery would be on par with iPhone but I paid only 60% of the cost of iPhone, if I take current iPhone 8 and compare it with competitors do you think I will get benchmark for their money? nope, overpriced average phone... I thought I will live with it for another 6-12 months until I buy new one but I don't think it'll or I survive for so long and I don't think it'll be apple again if they continue on the same path...      

Stop whining Daniel,    ?

im still running a iPhone5 and a 2nd generation iPad that’s now 4yrs old for work!  

The iPhone 5 is a hand me down that I’ve now had for 3-4yrs,   Battery is a hit and miss.....   I never load the latest FW or OS purely because of this reason....  wait a few months and wait till everyone finds a fix for it....when the coast is clear then I load.....  sick of FW causing issues,  that’s the OPPO FW eco system too! 

Programmers trying to fix issues guarantee to stuff it up as most will never test what they have written....  unfortunately now days the consumer is the test bed.....most companies learnt and practice from the likes of Microsoft!  :huh:     

My wife has iPhone 6+ and I have an iPad both are nearly 3 years old and work with no problems what so ever.

About 2 years ago my son dropped his nearly 2 year old iPad and damaged the screen so it could not be used.We went into a Apple shop to see what could be done and, the very helpful staff member took it out the back to have a look and then returned to say no problems were swap it for the latest new version

I only have good things to say about Apple customer service.

1 hour ago, Addicted to music said:

Programmers trying to fix issues guarantee to stuff it up as most will never test what they have written....  unfortunately now days the consumer is the test bed.....most companies learnt and practice from the likes of Microsoft!  :huh:     

What a load of rubbish. The reality is that overall the code is very complex so QC and tests are completed but the companies can never replicate all the various ways ‘the great unwashed’ will use the product. 

Sometimes though there is a stuff-up in programming - they are human after all. 

No matter - if it was all good what an earth would you have to whine about?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kukynas said:

one more thing, not just general rant but my real experience, when I bought my first ipad 7 years ago I expected benchmark performance, hassle free OS and exceptional battery life and I got it all so I didn't questioning paying premium for it (btw. it's still in use with original battery) or buying droid version instead, my 3 years old ipad had already battery changed (beginning of this year) and I wouldn't call it benchmark anymore, my phone is nearly 3 years old and had also battery changed 6 months ago, is crazy slow since update to iOS 10xx ( I think) and with every update there's some restart or resetting required (besides latest experience), my wife's S6 Edge was running perfectly fine without issues with OS or slow speed and battery would be on par with iPhone but I paid only 60% of the cost of iPhone, if I take current iPhone 8 and compare it with competitors do you think I will get benchmark for their money? nope, overpriced average phone... I thought I will live with it for another 6-12 months until I buy new one but I don't think it'll or I survive for so long and I don't think it'll be apple again if they continue on the same path...      

Got an Apple store nearby? Is it possible use another phone in the mean time and send it to them if you don't? The after sales service is the best I've ever come across. I'm lucky that I have a store only 10 minutes drive away, but all this frustration isn't worth it, just get them to look at it.

All things being equal, I'd imagine an OS written expressly for known devices the same company designed and manufactured, should be more stable than having the software and hardware from separate companies, like you do with Android.

Guest scumbag
On 22/08/2018 at 10:27 PM, kukynas said:

I have owned a number of Android devices over the phone. Android Auto is a buggy piece of Sh*t. I've had all sorts of issues over the years, even with my latest Samsung.  So don't necessarily expect a better an experience with Android ;)

44 minutes ago, scumbag said:

I have owned a number of Android devices over the phone. Android Auto is a buggy piece of Sh*t. I've had all sorts of issues over the years, even with my latest Samsung.  So don't necessarily expect a better an experience with Android ;)

My experience upon moving to a Google branded Android, however, has been exactly the opposite of yours. I have a Google pixel and my wife has a pixel XL2 and both of them have been exceptionally good. The hardware and the software quality control of the Google branded stuff is very different - though you pay accordingly for it. My wife defected from an iPhone7 because she got sick of the whole Apple thing too. It was a big change for her but she hasn't looked back.

Guest scumbag
5 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

My experience upon moving to a Google branded Android, however, has been exactly the opposite of yours. I have a Google pixel and my wife has a pixel XL2 and both of them have been exceptionally good. The hardware and the software quality control of the Google branded stuff is very different - though you pay accordingly for it. My wife defected from an iPhone7 because she got sick of the whole Apple thing too. It was a big change for her but she hasn't looked back.

Yes, actually on further thought, my very first Android was an old Nexus jobby. It was a bit slow but from memory stable. Then again, it was a pretty straight forward phone and the OS was quite small / light back then perhaps. I guess all the junk that vendors stick on top of Android is part of the issue?

Just now, scumbag said:

I guess all the junk that vendors stick on top of Android is part of the issue?

Android as an operating system is a very expansive distribution of linux designed to do all sorts of things on all sorts of hardware. Google's Android is a very customised Linux distribution where they do QA testing on everything they include in the software. While I hate the analogy given we're bagging on Apple, the former is like installing windows on some random hardware while the latter is like installing MacOS on known Mac hardware. Thus you get the risk that crap doesn't work on the former, while you pay more but everything works on the latter.