Budget Headphone Recommendations

I am looking at some of the cheaper over the ear hedphone options, for my study setup to allow for some late night listening without disturbing the family. I am not sure as to how often I will use the headphones so I want to try it out with some beginners headphones at the lower end of the price range.

I know I am not going to get audiophile cans for my budget but I have been reading reviews and have come up with a short list of headphones and I was wondering if anyone had some personal experiences with any of these and could provide some feedback on sound, build quality and comfort.

AKG K72

AKG K92

JVC HA-RX700

KRK KNS 6400

Superlux HD668B

Superlux HD681 EVO

Thanks in advance.

Edited by naidan

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reponses. I went over to head-fi and after some consultation I ended up going with the JVC HA-RX700. They arrived a couple of weeks ago and I must say that they are a very goodset of cans for their price point.

I dont have an issue with 10' cord length but am not a fan of the 3.5mm to 6mm adaptor that came with the headphones. All my gear is vintage and so I need a 6mm connection and the one that came with the unit is average to say the least. Comfort is good, as is isolation and sound neutral, very clear and enjoyable.

Supposedly these phones will onlt get better so I am looking forward to hours of enjoyable listening.

• Like 1