Best way to get Tidal from my phone via Bluetooth to Musical Fidelity M6Si/Montior Audio Gold 300's..

Hello all,

I am hoping to get the best quality transfer from Tidal via bluetooth to my Musical Fidelity M6Si/Montior Audio Gold 300's..

I will have future uses for a DAC, but for now it's primary job will be Tidal so wondering what can be recommended?

Current setup is:

Rotel RCD-02 CD Player

Rega Planar 6

Musical Fidelity M6Si

Monitor Audio Gold 300's

Regards

Scott

Edited by LTD078

Let me see whether I understand your requirements. You are using your phone to access Tidal and want to send the music via bluetooth to your system. And you will be getting a Bluetooth receiver to plug into your Rotel which I assume has a digital input and can do DAC duties.  

Is this correct? And what is your budget?

9 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Let me see whether I understand your requirements. You are using your phone to access Tidal and want to send the music via bluetooth to your system. And you will be getting a Bluetooth receiver to plug into your Rotel which I assume has a digital input and can do DAC duties.  

Is this correct? And what is your budget?

G'day, 

The Rotel doesn't have DAC capabilities, I require a DAC with Bluetooth. Budget is under $1000. 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, LTD078 said:

G'day, 

The Rotel doesn't have DAC capabilities, I require a DAC with Bluetooth. Budget is under $1000. 

Cheers 

As @:) al mentioned earlier, have a look at Bluesound Node 2, currently seeking in many places at a touch over $800

• Like 1

As indicated above, Bluesound Node 2. Added MQA for about $800 and sounds great. I got mine for $728 from Audiotrends in Melbourne as they had a 10 % off code that just expired. Call them and they may do it and deliver free.

I have the older Monitor Audio GS60's and the sound is awesome. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rantan said:

My apologies if this is irrelevant but the MF M6si had a DAC built in

Ahh.. It has a USB input with asynchronous data stream at up to 24-bit/96kHz

Edited by LTD078

Just now, barn door said:

As mentioned above, Bluesound Node 2 is a solid option.

However . . . Bluetooth? Any reason you’re not able to use WiFi?

Makes for a much better sound quality.

Can use Wifi as well. Maybe I don't need a DAC with the USB input on my amp?

Can use Wifi as well. Maybe I don't need a DAC with the USB input on my amp?

I have a similar set-up with a MF M3Si.

My suggestion is this . . .

Phone > Wifi > Node 2 > RCA interconnects > MF M6Si > Gold 300’s.

Node 2 has an inbuilt DAC, so just use the RCA out to the amp. If you really want to, a DAC can be introduced as the Node 2 has digital out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, barn door said:

Node 2 has an inbuilt DAC, so just use the RCA out to the amp. If you really want to, a DAC can be introduced as the Node 2 has digital out.

Thanks,

I'm still trying to see if I can get my Sony phone to output music to Wifi..

So do we need a DAC? or can I use a Cambridge BT100 straight into the USB input? 

Cheers

Scott

Thanks,

So do we need a DAC? or can I use a Cambridge BT100 straight into the USB input? 

Cheers

Scott

Short answer is the Node 2 will do the DAC duties. So no need for an additional DAC.

Does your Sony phone have Tidal installed as an App? If yes, should be fine, if not, then might need to upgrade . . . Another option (which I use) is via an Apple iPad . . . That way you can keep using your phone while music is playing.

Just try Google Chromecast Audio. You get the tech support from one of the biggest corporations on this planet. It works well and is awesome for the bucks spent. If I didn’t already have an Auralic Mini Aries I’d buy another and settle on it. 

4 hours ago, LTD078 said:

Thanks,

Think of your phone as a remote control, the music is actually going from the net to the bluesound node unit. Your phone is just the user interface. Not like bluetooth where it does go from internet - phone - BT reciever.

Just make sure your phone can support BlueOS (bluesounds app)

google chromecast works the same way, kind of. Cheaper though

The node or similar sounds exactly what you need, no need for another Dac for now. 

Sounds great as is - rca connection to your amp.

My way forward may just be the Astell & Kern Kann, the DAC, in built TIDAL & optional outputs suits my needs. It's controlled by my phone remotely and uses WIFI. So when looking at a quality transfer 32/384 it seems the winner. 

Any thoughts? 

13 hours ago, barn door said:

Good advice here. This is my setup. RCA out for MQA and digital to use the sweet DAC in my CDP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LTD078 said:

My way forward may just be the Astell & Kern Kann, the DAC, in built TIDAL & optional outputs suits my needs. It's controlled by my phone remotely and uses WIFI. So when looking at a quality transfer 32/384 it seems the winner. 

Any thoughts? 

I assume your budget has now increased! ?

The Kann is a good player but you are paying a premium for its portability.  Note that 32/384 transfer is not relevant because there is little source material.  Tidal is 16/44.1 and the Kann cannot do Tidal Masters (MQA). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

I assume your budget has now increased! ?

The Kann is a good player but you are paying a premium for its portability.  Note that 32/384 transfer is not relevant because there is little source material.  Tidal is 16/44.1 and the Kann cannot do Tidal Masters (MQA). 

Cheers for the info..

Do you know which players can to Tidal Masters? 

Regards

8 minutes ago, LTD078 said:

Cheers for the info..

Do you know which players can to Tidal Masters? 

Regards

Argghh.. So many options..

I am forgetting the DAC/Bluetooth setup for now.

A Wifi streamer controlled by my phone is looking the best. I do like the portable side off it too, that being said, the main interest is a unit that transfers the best quality from the applications whether it be Tidal or Deezer and having it best adapt to the future progressions. It looks like Tidal & Deezer are progressing with MQA and will be the future. This being said, if I'm about to unload a lot of cash on a player I would thing it's best to get a streamer that supports MQA, however it could be as simple as a future firmware upgrade which is what Pioneer are doing.

Any thoughts which player/DAC with line out, preferably portable might be the go? 

The budget has been adjusted to around $1000