From across the ditch

Ian R-B

Long term Audioholic here and for disclosure Commercial Member.

Owned my fair share of Audio gear over the decades and one of the few (old school) advocates of that dying medium (apparently) … the humble CD. Looking forward to sharing viewpoints and always learning. Hello to everyone.

Cheers Ian

Hi Ian,

Welcome from a fellow Kiwi - although I've been based in Sydney for many years now. I know Hastings well; certainly a nice quiet environment for listening to music - with a local glass of white! I'm also a fellow CD advocate - my Marantz SA11 doing the business in that regard - and although my CD purchases are less frequent these days, I still pick up classical discs from time to time. Like many CD enthusiasts I've done my best over the years to chase up well-mastered discs where possible.

Cheerio, Ric

• Like 1

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Ian R-B said:

With the demise last year of AudioEnz

Welcome Ian!

AudioEnz content was all saved, and can be found at StereoNET NZ now, and the forums have also been resurrected.

It's certainly not as busy as the AU forums, but good for locals to have a dedicated place to hang out.

SNA is very vibrant and for a change lots of input from different people. Fast growing membership too judging by new ones like me in the intro section. Hope to meet up with anyone able to attend the ‘convivial’ Show dinner.

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/251939-hifi-show-saturday-night-dinner-october-13th-2018/?tab=comments#comment-3959267

• Like 1