HiFi Show Saturday Night Dinner October 13th 2018

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd just like to thank @evil c for all his hard work in putting the Dinner together. It's not an easy task and it's great he is so passionate about keeping the social aspect and StereoNET 'community'

Thanks to @Marc and helpers for a great hifi show, thanks @evil c for a great dinner.   Food at the Tap house was simple and superb.        Evil before beer...

Fantastic night - nearly 40 guests

Guest yamaha_man
3 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

BTW in case your wondering  evil c could drink us all under the table many times over so beware....

Speak for yourself. 👊🏻

9 minutes ago, yamaha_man said:

Speak for yourself. 👊🏻

You ahhhhhh

Game on big man......

Edited by Tubularbells
Speak for yourself. [emoji1306]
Yeah no chance of competing with ethanol assisted cellular degeneration! [emoji51]

You ahhhhhh

Game on big man......

You'll keep - try and choose something a tad more masculine next time ! [emoji53]
2 minutes ago, evil c said:

You'll keep - try and choose something a tad more masculine next time ! emoji53.png

You implying Yamaha Man wears a skirt? He'll knock you block off over such insolence...... 

You implying Yamaha Man wears a skirt? He'll knock you block off over such insolence...... 
You're the one with the big mouth [emoji51]

BTW already have 18 coming for the dinner within 1 day - very impressive!
Taphouse it is in St.Kilda.
Will put up menu and details tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, evil c said:

BTW already have 18 coming for the dinner within 1 day - very impressive!
Taphouse it is in St.Kilda.
Will put up menu and details tomorrow.

@evil c

Hi evil could you please include me in the list of attendees for the Saturday night.

Thanks John

• Like 2
[mention=116153]evil c[/mention]
Hi evil could you please include me in the list of attendees for the Saturday night.
 Thanks John
Most certainly!
Will be good to see you again - John.

Have booked in to the Bocce Room at The Taphouse in St. Kilda.

Taphouse.PNG.944bff11484dfa705a7ef5b4fc207722.PNG

The  Host a Roast Menu  has been recommended, which offers:

two different Roast Meats being served with roast Potatoes to choose from

With sides

$45 per person

Optional sharing entree for additional $10 per person (total $55) Charcuterie Board I believe with meats and cheeses etc.

TPC-Roast.PNG.adbbcffac3b5672a1191af7d82f13e24.PNG

Drinks package of $65 for 3 hours is only available for everyone to be included so ISN'T going to work with a few non imbibers.

So think we can forget about the drinks package. 

Alternative is starting a bar tab which is more for corporate, or what I'd prefer - just paying for drinks individually.

I have to pay a large deposit so will need $20 from each person to confirm your seat.

Those coming so far include:

@65eclipse

@Tubularbells

@darth vader

@Black Orange

@Stump

@Assisi

@evil c

@Sirmorebeer

@Martykt

@Sir Sanders Zingmore

@Luc

@Marc

@BruceS

@surprisetech

@Sierra

@m8audio & Ian?

@:) al

@Rob181

@blybo

@A J

Edited by evil c
  • Like 3
  • Moderators
6 minutes ago, evil c said:

I have to pay a large deposit so will need $20 from each person to confirm your seat.

done  good on you for organising :thumb:

wot no dessert ! :D  we can pony up the 10 bucks extra and be done with it for the sweet tooths .... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks @evil c for putting this together once again! Looking forward to some great brew and even better company. The Taphouse looks like a good choice 😎

I'd like to bring Ian from Critical Sound NZ, he'll be exhibiting with me at the Melb. Int. HiFi Show this year. I mentioned this event and he lit up and got all excited! Not a SNA member... yet.

/Mark

• Like 2
1 minute ago, :) al said:

done  good on you for organising :thumb:

wot no dessert ! :D  we can pony up the 10 bucks extra and be done with it for the sweet tooths .... 

You can have your (just) dessert(s) little pig !:P

Believe they cater for all kinds, and assure me the food serving size is generous!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, m8audio said:

Thanks @evil c for putting this together once again! Looking forward to some great brew and even better company. The Taphouse looks like a good choice 😎

I'd like to bring Ian from Critical Sound NZ, he'll be exhibiting with me at the Melb. Int. HiFi Show this year. I mentioned this event and he lit up and got all excited! Not a SNA member... yet.

/Mark

I did include his name .

The beer list is enormous - I tried to copy but runs to 11 pages with around 5 per page!

Few IPA''s that I'm a big fan of so should be something for everyone. ;)

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, evil c said:

You can have your (just) dessert(s) little pig !:P

Believe they cater for all kinds, and assure me the food serving size is generous!

wot ! tell me you wont be getting dessert as well :D 

Just now, :) al said:

wot ! tell me you wont be getting dessert as well :D 

Some of us have a figure to preserve! ^_^

• Moderators
Just now, evil c said:

I did include his name .

The beer list is enormous - I tried to copy but runs to 11 pages with around 5 per page!

Few IPA''s that I'm a big fan of so should be something for everyone. ;)

they do a tasting as well....

$25... probably do me with the 5 beers they go through :) 

1 minute ago, evil c said:

Some of us have a figure to preserve! ^_^

yeah yeah sure.... I dont think theres been one meal at your place without dessert ! 😛

• Haha 1

PM me/us with your payment details and i'll drop some cash your way as you shouldn't be out of pocket by account of us cretins

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

PM me/us with your payment details and i'll drop some cash your way as you shouldn't be out of pocket by account of us cretins

Plus 1.

I'll be coming so I may as well pay in full.

Plus 1.

I'll be coming so I may as well pay in full.
Aah missus coming to keep an eye on you?
Probably wise! [emoji53]
Nah just keep it simple with $20 deposit each person so no complexity involved later. [emoji4]

Drinks package of $65 for 3 hours   "what I'd prefer - just paying for drinks individually. "

Im all for the food.Being a non imbibers where does that leave the $65 ?

Stump

3 minutes ago, Stump said:

Drinks package of $65 for 3 hours   "what I'd prefer - just paying for drinks individually. "

Im all for the food.Being a non imbibers where does that leave the $65 ?

Stump

If you re read my post I said we wouldn't be doing the drinks package due to non imbibers - so nothing to fear Stump! 😉

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, evil c said:

Aah missus coming to keep an eye on you?
Probably wise! emoji53.png
Nah just keep it simple with $20 deposit each person so no complexity involved later. emoji4.png

Ahh, sorry. Meant plus 1 to what TB said, shoot me some deposit details. Happy to pay as you want, big job it is to organise it all. What ever your call is Clive

• Like 1

please add me to the list.....would love to join you all,  with the possibility of a +1(will confirm the +1 within 2 days)

Edited by steffanth

I reckon we should all shout the evil one a beer for all the hard work hes putting in. I for one really appreciate it and for those who have never gone to these events he never once let us down in terms of venue and food.

....and it will be funny watching him slur his words even more than he does at the regular GTG's 😋

2 hours ago, darth vader said:

Ahh, sorry. Meant plus 1 to what TB said, shoot me some deposit details. Happy to pay as you want, big job it is to organise it all. What ever your call is Clive

I only skimmed what you were saying heading out the door hence confusion!

Stay tuned re. payment details. ;)

2 hours ago, Xecuter said:

Sounds like fun! I'm keen!

1 hour ago, steffanth said:

please add me to the list.....would love to join you all,  with the possibility of a +1(will confirm the +1 within 2 days)

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

I'm a possible Clive, looking forward to seeing you lot again and few new faces too!

Good stuff guys - duly added! 

11 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

I reckon we should all shout the evil one a beer for all the hard work hes putting in. I for one really appreciate it and for those who have never gone to these events he never once let us down in terms of venue and food.

....and it will be funny watching him slur his words even more than he does at the regular GTG's 😋

Have the great sense to listen to advice from people on best venues then just decide ! ( @:) al @Martykt ) :D

I never shlluurrrr or sound like Sean Connery!! :ermm:

Gee, that all looks good (love the 70's feel of that pub) and I'm definitely intending to attend.

Happy to forfeit the deposit/payment if the wheels fall off - hopefully that won't happen.

(Well, I wouldn't be "happy" in that I'd rather make it to the show and the dinner, but you know what I mean) 

Edited by Tony M
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Tony M said:

Gee, that all looks good (love the 70's feel of that pub) and I'm definitely intending to attend.

Happy to forfeit the deposit/payment if the wheels fall off - hopefully that won't happen.

(Well, I wouldn't be "happy" in that I'd rather make it to the show and the dinner, but you know what I mean) 

Tony good to hear from you! 

Will be my pleasure to "take" your money! 😁

And hopefully catching up again!  

• Like 1

Have booked two seats at the table reserved for Durif lovers.

Still awaiting details from the Evil one as to how and when to pay deposit and will send a little man down to Bleakville with a purse and some small change when he lets us know.

Still awaiting details from the Evil one as to how and when to pay deposit and will send a little man down to Bleakville with a purse and some small change when he lets us know.
Durif hey?
Might have to set up a card table then for you fans! [emoji51]
Ooooo cribbage night!!
That's it - you're on the card table with Luc too ! [emoji53]

Hello to all - just joined (thanks to Mark for intro). This seems like a good excuse to meet some fellow enthusiasts - not that I need an excuse as far as eating & drinking concerned. Please count me in and advise the necessaries. 'Cheers'  ... Ian

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Ian R-B said:

Hello to all - just joined (thanks to Mark for intro). This seems like a good excuse to meet some fellow enthusiasts - not that I need an excuse as far as eating & drinking concerned. Please count me in and advise the necessaries. 'Cheers'  ... Ian

Welcome aboard - yes excellent way to discover the benefits of our great forum while meeting some true characters on SNA ! (Stereonet)

13 hours ago, Luc said:

@Luc   I am a definite Durif fan.  I would like to be on that table.

John

6 hours ago, Assisi said:

@Luc   I am a definite Durif fan.  I would like to be on that table.

John

Are you any good at cribbage? 

• Like 1