Focal Chorus 714s vs Accusound Delta floorstanders

Hi gurus,

Have a chance to pick up some 8 yr old Focal Chorus 714s at reasonable price.

Would be to replace Accusound Delta DL-895 speakers.

Much of a jump in quality or not?

Powered by Emotiva USP-1 and UPA-200

Thanks in advance for any replies.

ols

I havnt heard either so just on paper speculation the Focals would seem to be sound quality improvement with possible sweeter highs and voicing but overall less of a big sound impact and bass as the Accusound have more woofers and bigger cabinet. Accusound as a brand are cheaper low end type so one might assume the voice is possibly more blurry and there might be some annoying resonance honks in the overall sound.

• Like 1

I had 716v's for a while, very little emotional connection. Amps were Audiolab 8200mb (250w?) and they formed a nicer combo with my next speakers, Usher Dancer Mini 2.

Focals have above average efficiency but seem to have tough impedance/phase loads at certain frequencies. The Audiolabs certainly ran cooler with the Ushers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have auditioned the Focal Chorus 714 and I owned Accusound book shelf speakers.

Whilst I have not heard the Deltas, I would think the Focals would be a better choice. Focals are known to be on the brighter side of neutral, and I thought the same during audition. I don't say this in a bad way.

They were in my shortlist during auditioning.