2019 - 2020 projector releases ?

Great news Woofer.  Though I am more interested in hearing about the performance and impressions on the scarcely seen in the wild  NX7 :)  Hopefully that will trickle out sooner rather than later.

Edited by Spizz

13 hours ago, minireza said:

Funny you mention that - I happened to stumble upon Klapp's website earlier today. The temptation is very real!! hahahah

And the sale ended yesterday :(  - although the discounts are still applied to the products, interesting.

Edited by cindernat

Posted by Ekki on the Facebook group last night:

(google translated)

"Happy New Year! I was offline between the years, so only now ? And since here are some already long waiting for measurement results and I have the comparison article from the NX9 to the VW760 and 870 still in the works, here's a few dates to measure NX9:

- light output maximum 2280 lumens (factory specification is exemplary honest)

- Light output SDR (BT709 color space) calibrated: 1870 lumens. So about 18% loss due to the calibration. That is normal.

- Light output DCI P3 calibrated: 1490 lumens. Around 18% loss through the DCI filter. That's ok, but a total of 36% loss of light is of course very noticeable. Scaled to the N7, the 1200 lumens with both DCI and DCI lamps in brand-new lamp scale. That will be tight without dynamic HDR.

- Without DCI filters, red and green are quite far away from the target (see measurements). Next to the X series because the filter now filters both primary colors simultaneously. The X-Series was better solved.

- Contrast calibrated under "normal" conditions about 24,000: 1. Contrast maximum (native color temperature, smallest zoomed image, iris closed: 90,000: 1.

- ANSI / Chessboard Contrast: Maximum 145: 1 (we measured extra 3x). This is mainly due to halo effects.

- Optical sharpness: very good

- Interframe calculation: Good

- MPC: Good, but easy slope to double contours, could not be switched off with the device, unfortunately: Even if you disabled MPC, it was still active.

- Noise: Still present in certain IRE stages, but not as strong as the X series. Strangely enough, in pure reds.

- HDR adjustment: Not dynamic, auto function did not work properly. Factory setting was bad. But that's all pre-production. But you could optimize it well afterwards (statically).

- Picture impression: Very good, the NX9 makes a really impressive picture."

Also attached is a comparison between vw870 and n9. His comment:

"The subjective difference in sharpness is actually not (!) The sharpness of the image of the lens, but a result of the contrast, of course, comes in black writing on a white background, especially to bear."

49792255_596670230777849_6530284137599729664_n.jpg

Edited by waikis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spizz said:

His credibility is shot when even the screen perforations are out of focus on the JVC image.  Disappointing from him.

Yeah, he posted another comparison which is even more bizzare:

49253467_596684387443100_6165241312195903488_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Michael391 said:

Not me unfortunately cindernat....someone in France

Thank god. I was about lose my ****! I ordered my DLA-N7 the next working day in Australia after IFA 2018. My dealer had no idea what I was talking about,  but took the order and spoke to JVC Aus straight away. I should get my DLA-N7 in the first shipment to Aus. If I don't I'll spit the dummy... That said if an N7 has landed in Europe then one can't be far away for Aus...

Edited by Davo1972

27 minutes ago, minireza said:

Anyone here going to be taking advantage of Sony's offer?   https://www.stereo.net.au/news/sony-4k-projector-bonus-offer-on-now

they having trouble shifting tellies or something :D or is this to spoil the party for the jvc machine as it starts to get upto speed ? hehe one good thing is the gifts ... if want them ... will be regardless of any discount you get ... so good value if needing a telly albeit basic one :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cindernat said:

No. I wouldn't let a TV (basically the size of an iPad)  ;) determine my projector choice.

I wasnt referring to the offer potentially determining your projector choice. However, for someone on the fence, this could very well tilt the decision in favour of the Sony... 

Everything is a consideration 

1 hour ago, minireza said:

I wasnt referring to the offer potentially determining your projector choice. However, for someone on the fence, this could very well tilt the decision in favour of the Sony... 

Everything is a consideration 

Certainly is ; if you read the fine print and buy the entry level 270 you get the 43" tv and headphones and if you get the 570 you only get the 43'' tv :blush:  Something tells me its the other way around...

That would tick more than a few off if they noticed this in hindsight so if your considering it ; check ?