2019 - 2020 projector releases ?

16 hours ago, T800 said:

Dealers on here, I've noticed on your sites you advertise for preorders for the new jvc, out of interest, has then been many people put down deposits for preorders or do you think the prices have turned a lot of people off compared to previous years models

Yes I've had a few put down deposits pending street price of course and a heap of clients waiting for pricing.

In the end 9300 RRP for the N5 vs 8500 RRP for the X7900 and 11999 for the N7 vs 10598 for the X9900, they're actually not that far apart, they're just lacking the entry level 5 series which will become the X7900 I'm guessing at say 6999 new RRP in the new year but that is only until March, after that I don't know where they go.

You could say the N5 replaces the X5900, if you look at them that way they're worlds apart in price of course. But what does the NX9 replace? It's not a replacement for the 9900 as it's more than double the price. The dollar isn't helping things either.

Usually we see the new models end of December so if any earlier great.

• Like 1

If jvc didn’t intend the n5 to be compared to the x5900, n7 to the x7900 etc then why would they use the same numbers for this series?

I understand the significant improvements in the new models, but the price jump is extraordinary.

1 hour ago, Mozitron said:

If jvc didn’t intend the n5 to be compared to the x5900, n7 to the x7900 etc then why would they use the same numbers for this series?

I understand the significant improvements in the new models, but the price jump is extraordinary. 

I can't answer why they name them like they do.

But I can understand a significant improvement on paper will warrant a higher price.

Most new models from any company generally have significant improvement on paper. 

You’d be a bit concerned if you went to by a new barina and the new model increased to the price of the commodore cos it was a bit better.

2 hours ago, Mozitron said:

Most new models from any company generally have significant improvement on paper. 

You’d be a bit concerned if you went to by a new barina and the new model increased to the price of the commodore cos it was a bit better.

regardless what ever they call them, we know the n5 is the 5 series replacement and the n7 the 7 series replacements. you have to go to the 7 series to get the uptick in contrast dual iris better wire grid polarisers etc same as previously that kept the 7x00 series the step up from the 5x00.

it is a new model though complete whole new chassis new chips etc any new model has to recover the costs for all that. vs the older model that's been using the same chassis chips etc for while now. even the last series was just minor interactions over 5,7 and 9 series. the new 9 series of course ia whole new ball game with its mega lens 8k etc so nothing really to compare with previously...

at end everyone will make own value judgements. if don't think value stacks up for a model (model name or otherwise) just buy something else. it is THE best way to send signal back to maker. 

You’re right, maybe I’ve got too much of a champagne taste on a beer budget.

maybe I’ll have to wait until everyone sells their n7 next year when they upgrade to the laser version.

Edited by Mozitron

23 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Yes I've had a few put down deposits pending street price of course and a heap of clients waiting for pricing.

In the end 9300 RRP for the N5 vs 8500 RRP for the X7900 and 11999 for the N7 vs 10598 for the X9900, they're actually not that far apart, they're just lacking the entry level 5 series which will become the X7900 I'm guessing at say 6999 new RRP in the new year but that is only until March, after that I don't know where they go.

You could say the N5 replaces the X5900, if you look at them that way they're worlds apart in price of course. But what does the NX9 replace? It's not a replacement for the 9900 as it's more than double the price. The dollar isn't helping things either.

Usually we see the new models end of December so if any earlier great.

I am curious then do we have an AUS price from JVC or are these just approximate prices.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Zeroasylum said:

I am curious then do we have an AUS price from JVC or are these just approximate prices.

Thank you

Approx prices. the N7 will be 11999 RRP but the N5 may be 9300-9599 RRP I'm not sure just yet. Next week I'll have firm prices though.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, oztheatre said:

Approx prices. the N7 will be 11999 RRP but the N5 may be 9300-9599 RRP I'm not sure just yet. Next week I'll have firm prices though.

Glad to hear we should have official prices next week. The wait for anything official from JVC Aus has been rather long. I reckon your approx prices are right on the money though.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Davo1972 said:

Glad to hear we should have official prices next week. The wait for anything official from JVC Aus has been rather long. I reckon your approx prices are right on the money though.

about bleeding time for goodness sake. lets look forward to what it is :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, :) al said:

about bleeding time for goodness sake. lets look forward to what it is :)

Indeed Al, the wait has been excruciating. Oh well, it gave me time to get a Spyder5, and an RF emitter and some 3D glasses in preparation for my N7's arrival ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davo1972 said:

Indeed Al, the wait has been excruciating. Oh well, it gave me time to get a Spyder5, and an RF emitter and some 3D glasses in preparation for my N7's arrival ?

3D well worth it on these things. for many its almost as good/better more engaging than the 4k aspect :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, :) al said:

3D well worth it on these things. for many its almost as good/better more engaging than the 4k aspect :) 

That's good to hear. Most of the 3D Blu-rays I  have were bought before I started buying 4K Blu-rays, mostly because my parents had a 3D capable TV and my family (mostly my dad) love watching 3D films. I figured if I'm buying the Blu-ray I might as well get it with the 3D disc too for just a little more $. Admittedly I prefer the 4K discs for their wider colour gamut and HDR, but the 3D discs are fun to watch, especially with family, and can be quite immersive. Since I started buying 4K Blu-rays a couple of years ago I haven't bought the 3D Blu-ray versions of movies, but looks like I might be buying the 4K Blu-ray releases and the 3D Blu-ray releases now lol.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davo1972 said:

Since I started buying 4K Blu-rays a couple of years ago I haven't bought the 3D Blu-ray versions of movies, but looks like I might be buying the 4K Blu-ray releases and the 3D Blu-ray releases now lol.  

The 3d discs are much better value now that 4k is where the trendy mark up goes :) 2 for $30@ jb is nice.. Maybe a comeback in time with Camerons new film techniques ;

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/movies/titles-revealed-for-all-four-avatar-sequels/ar-BBPfoWW?ocid=spartanntp

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Davo1972 said:

That's good to hear. Most of the 3D Blu-rays I  have were bought before I started buying 4K Blu-rays, mostly because my parents had a 3D capable TV and my family (mostly my dad) love watching 3D films. I figured if I'm buying the Blu-ray I might as well get it with the 3D disc too for just a little more $. Admittedly I prefer the 4K discs for their wider colour gamut and HDR, but the 3D discs are fun to watch, especially with family, and can be quite immersive. Since I started buying 4K Blu-rays a couple of years ago I haven't bought the 3D Blu-ray versions of movies, but looks like I might be buying the 4K Blu-ray releases and the 3D Blu-ray releases now lol.  

you will find 3d is a whole new experience using a projector. Room filling... 3D video experience... combined with 3D audio... is a fantastic combination... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, :) al said:

you will find 3d is a whole new experience using a projector. Room filling... 3D video experience... combined with 3D audio... is a fantastic combination... 

Yes I can't wait. And watching 3D movies will be even better after the next stage of my home theatre upgrade (hoping to do sometime mid to late next year) - a 125" 2:35:1 screen (with a Schneider Cine Digitar x1.33 anamorphic lens) to replace the 100" 16:9 screen I'm using now. The new screen should make a significant difference! ? 

• Like 1

From yankiy x9900 series owner on nx9 impressions...some good perspective looks like he is thinking of going of n7 from his current 9 series but wants to see a 7 in action before jumping ...

“Spent some time today at JVC viewing the nx9 in their theatre room. We went though a variety of content along with 16x9 and 2.35:1 content.

They were projecting on a 140” Stewart white with a 1.0 gain CinemaScope screen if I’m not mistaken, from about 27’ away.

Coming from an x990 myself and using an aurora grey screen with 1.3 gain, I’m used to seeing very inky blacks.

I was very impressed with the contrast and black floor the nx9 showcased.  

Played scenes from the Sicario movie along with Dunkirk, Lucy and a few other titles including the original remastered Blade Runner.  

The dark scenes were very pleasing with dark blacks, but still keeping all the detail in the shadows etc. it projected almost a 3D feel to the content.

The colors were well saturated and bright. I realize this puppy has 2200 lumen rating and my x990 has 2000, but I didn’t see that much of a difference to what I’m normally used to seeing. 

What was striking was the sharpness of the image and details that I had never noticed in movies, everything from textures of buildings, clothing and how amazing the 4k panels displayed such things as strands of hair.  

I had them demo content with tone mapping enabled, manual iris on off at different levels, 8k eshift on and off.

The 8k eshift is insane. The image it produces is absolutely breathtaking. When they switched 8k off, you did notice a slight difference. But I don’t think it would be enough of a difference to warrant the price tag.

The lens on this guy is huge. The footprint of the projector is quite large as well. I didn’t notice any light leaks. Convergence was perfect. Not sure if this is due to the lens... I hope the nx7 doesn’t disappoint.

Overall I’m very impressed with the nx9. Given that it’s 100,000:1 native and my x990 is 160,000:1 native, I did not notice a difference. I’m hoping that the nx7 with its 80,000:1 won’t be a disappointment.

I will still do a side by side comparison of the nx7 and x990 before I take it home... just have to endure the waiting game.”

• Like 1

On 03/11/2018 at 2:24 PM, oztheatre said:

Is today the day official prices are released

• Like 1

14 hours ago, :) al said:

From yankiy x9900 series owner on nx9 impressions...some good perspective looks like he is thinking of going of n7 from his current 9 series but wants to see a 7 in action before jumping ...

“Spent some time today at JVC viewing the nx9 in their theatre room. We went though a variety of content along with 16x9 and 2.35:1 content.

They were projecting on a 140” Stewart white with a 1.0 gain CinemaScope screen if I’m not mistaken, from about 27’ away.

Coming from an x990 myself and using an aurora grey screen with 1.3 gain, I’m used to seeing very inky blacks.

I was very impressed with the contrast and black floor the nx9 showcased.  

Played scenes from the Sicario movie along with Dunkirk, Lucy and a few other titles including the original remastered Blade Runner.  

The dark scenes were very pleasing with dark blacks, but still keeping all the detail in the shadows etc. it projected almost a 3D feel to the content.

The colors were well saturated and bright. I realize this puppy has 2200 lumen rating and my x990 has 2000, but I didn’t see that much of a difference to what I’m normally used to seeing. 

What was striking was the sharpness of the image and details that I had never noticed in movies, everything from textures of buildings, clothing and how amazing the 4k panels displayed such things as strands of hair.  

I had them demo content with tone mapping enabled, manual iris on off at different levels, 8k eshift on and off.

The 8k eshift is insane. The image it produces is absolutely breathtaking. When they switched 8k off, you did notice a slight difference. But I don’t think it would be enough of a difference to warrant the price tag.

The lens on this guy is huge. The footprint of the projector is quite large as well. I didn’t notice any light leaks. Convergence was perfect. Not sure if this is due to the lens... I hope the nx7 doesn’t disappoint.

Overall I’m very impressed with the nx9. Given that it’s 100,000:1 native and my x990 is 160,000:1 native, I did not notice a difference. I’m hoping that the nx7 with its 80,000:1 won’t be a disappointment.

I will still do a side by side comparison of the nx7 and x990 before I take it home... just have to endure the waiting game.”

The NX9 sounds like a truly impressive bit of gear given this fellows report, but if it's correct and the pricing is well over $20k needless to say then it is not going to be a big seller compared to the other models. 

It is hard to imagine that JVC would make the NX7 model with very similar picture quality delivery to the 9 and then charge less than half the RRP, if they did then the 9 would be a instant while elephant. 

Its early days yet on reporting about how good the 7 and the 5 are compared to the 9 and or for many more importantly the previous models.

My guess and its just that a guess is the 5 will be picture wise better in some and not in others to the 9900 and the 7 will be a decent step up nearly all around.

Hard not to expect given the price point that the 9 isn't a massive step up from the previous models and it's siblings, but time will tell. 

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

The NX9 sounds like a truly impressive bit of gear given this fellows report, but if it's correct and the pricing is well over $20k needless to say then it is not going to be a big seller compared to the other models. 
It is hard to imagine that JVC would make the NX7 model with very similar picture quality delivery to the 9 and then charge less than half the RRP, if they did then the 9 would be a instant while elephant. 
Its early days yet on reporting about how good the 7 and the 5 are compared to the 9 and or for many more importantly the previous models.
My guess and its just that a guess is the 5 will be picture wise better in some and not in others to the 9900 and the 7 will be a decent step up nearly all around.
Hard not to expect given the price point that the 9 isn't a massive step up from the previous models and it's siblings, but time will tell. 

cheers Terry

I think you’ll find that with some negotiating you will be able to get the price down to closer to 20K.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, poppybob said:

I think you’ll find that with some negotiating you will be able to get the price down to closer to 20K.

You really think you will be able to achieve a $6-7K price reduction below RRP ???    I highly doubt it!

3 hours ago, wooferocau said:

You really think you will be able to achieve a $6-7K price reduction below RRP ???    I highly doubt it!

Thinking the same.

Rich can do some amazing deals for members ( pre orders from experience) , but I wouldn't  expect anything like that.

Certainly not $6-7K but $5K wasn’t out of the question. However the laser Sony is really tempting to me and close to retirement so won’t have to replace globes. I walked away frustrated and told the salesman that I used to be indecisive but now I don’t anymore.

10 hours ago, poppybob said:

Certainly not $6-7K but $5K wasn’t out of the question. However the laser Sony is really tempting to me and close to retirement so won’t have to replace globes. I walked away frustrated and told the salesman that I used to be indecisive but now I don’t anymore.

the ivc lamps are worth $599 full price (which you wouldn't pay) get 4500 hours from them which should be easy given people reporting 3000 hours and such without much drop off. so for 20000 hours looking at lets say 5 lamps or $3k price full rrp ? which am sure is cheaper than replacing a laser lamp that likely won't be user replaceable? . 

lamps are a small cost over how long ? I've not even managed 1000 hours in 3 years ! which even it self is equivalent to one movie every night of the year ! not everyone even does that ? even if you watched 2 movies every night say 2000 every 3 years those lamps going to take you through 30 years ! lets say you only get half the life out of lamps or watch twice as much or want to change out early...still getting 15 years ? that is a heck of a log time ! 

Idont personally get the bulb replacement hang up I see some have. I'm on my 4th projector and never replaced lamps ! projector tech seems to progress at a far faster pace than lamp ageing meaning projector replacement before lamps ... for me :D 

be other reasons consider laser eg smoother image (no lamp flicker) bother for some, not a both for me. and similarly i would suggest get a bit more out of laser before re calibration. though if can autocal that isn't such a big deal either :) for a quick touch up now and then ... 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TerryO said:

I am sure the 9 will appeal to those wanting something that all out...

same reason people bought the z1 or looking at the new sony 870Es :) its a lot of money and we know all too much those smaller increments going up the ranks doesn't always equate in dollar terms. but still people do it as its what they are chasing.

I so wish we could see for our selves the n9/n7. but in mean time have to go with these viewing impressions which are all seeming to indicate the n9 is pretty spectacular thing. 

21 hours ago, TerryO said:

not sure on that one. yet to hear any comparative impressions. though am sure be many out there wondering the same :D 

the current x series are a stunner for sure. be interesting what jvc eek out with the new series !