2019 - 2020 projector releases ?

Yeah come on Al. :D

The lense in the N9 is most likely so crystal clear, you'll be able to use it to see into the FUTURE, make your money back, and have all your dreams come true!*

(*Individual outcomes may vary. Your "dreams" may vary from those of Mr Diamond, his subsidiaries, and his affiliated shareholders)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Diamond said:

Yeah come on Al. :D

The lense in the N9 is most likely so crystal clear, you'll be able to use it to see into the FUTURE, make your money back, and have all your dreams come true!*

(*Individual outcomes may vary. Your "dreams" may vary from those of Mr Diamond, his subsidiaries, and his affiliated shareholders)

beer budget probably only extends to the humble 65mm lens that carries over from the x7000 I have :D 

23681677770_9cc9218c2d_b.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, :) al said:

@oztheatre any news ? :D surely not kicking back enjoying a holiday or something as well ? any news on what is pricing on this stuff ? 

No holidays here I'm afraid Al :) Nothing concrete as yet (just called right then), give it another week or so and they'll have it sorted.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oztheatre said:

Here's the Australian brochure for the N5/N7, not really any different to other one but here it is anyway.

JVC DLA-N7B DLA-N5B-W AU.pdf

Spoke to JVC today and pricing will be released to dealers next week. Expect it to be significantly higher than the e shift models. In terms of the 7900 model JVC are planning to run this model until January 2019 at which time they will make a decision as to whether to continue the model (with a reduced price) and dump the model altogether. Suspect the waiting to see how many people take up the native 4K models

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Here's the Australian brochure for the N5/N7, not really any different to other one but here it is anyway.

JVC DLA-N7B DLA-N5B-W AU.pdf

does that mean if we can live with black and white theres the N5 and if we want colour we have to pony upto the n7 :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, :) al said:

does that mean if we can live with black and white theres the N5 and if we want colour we have to pony upto the n7 :D 

Good thinking, convince the wife the "black" looks so much nicer and doesn't stand out so much in the room..... and then it's an easy sale from there. ;)

3 minutes ago, Mr Diamond said:

Good thinking, convince the wife the "black" looks so much nicer and doesn't stand out so much in the room..... and then it's an easy sale from there. ;)

have switched seamlessly white to black before... and once you have gone black theres no going back :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, PerryV said:

Spoke to JVC today and pricing will be released to dealers next week. Expect it to be significantly higher than the e shift models. In terms of the 7900 model JVC are planning to run this model until January 2019 at which time they will make a decision as to whether to continue the model (with a reduced price) and dump the model altogether. Suspect the waiting to see how many people take up the native 4K models

Well it depends how you compare them. If you base the N5 against the X5900 then yes, but they're not the same, it's not a new e-shift range.

N7 should only a bit more than the X9900, like around 1500-2000 more so around 12K RRP (or 11,999 to make it feel that much better). The NX9 should be around 26K I'd gather. We have to ignore US pricing, conversion rates, just see the prices in Europe, way worse than the deal we're getting. Yep the X7900 will be a good unit to have as an entry level E-shift machine to sit just under the N5, ironically it will still have 130K:1 native contrast vs 40K:1 for the N5.. so pick your poison I guess.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Well it depends how you compare them. If you base the N5 against the X5900 then yes, but they're not the same, it's not a new e-shift range.

N7 should only a bit more than the X9900, like around 1500-2000 more so around 12K RRP (or 11,999 to make it feel that much better). The NX9 should be around 26K I'd gather. We have to ignore US pricing, conversion rates, just see the prices in Europe, way worse than the deal we're getting. Yep the X7900 will be a good unit to have as an entry level E-shift machine to sit just under the N5, ironically it will still have 130K:1 native contrast vs 40K:1 for the N5.. so pick your poison I guess.

oh gosh that is a pity, was expecting n7 to be same pricing as x9900

I agree the 7900 would be the absolute bargain of the pick with stonking picture if my x7000 is anything to go by. certainly wouldnt want to go backwards from there :) 

40k on the n5 is back where jvc x35 was ... good ...but things have moved on contrast wise. that said the n5 will have the dual iris I imagine ? so will go further than the x35 and theres also HDR, WCG and higher res the x35 didnt have with no e-shift. the n5's biggest problem will be the x7900 ! I can imagine jvc wanting to get rid of that as quick as they can with the confusion its going to cause people :D 

17 minutes ago, :) al said:

oh gosh that is a pity, was expecting n7 to be same pricing as x9900

I agree the 7900 would be the absolute bargain of the pick with stocking picture if my x7000 is anything to go by. certainly wouldnt want to go backwards from there :) 

40k on the n5 is back where jvc x35 was ... good ...but things have moved on contrast wise. that said the n5 will have the dual iris I imagine ? so will go further than the x35 and theres also HDR, WCG and higher res the x35 didnt have with no e-shift. the n5's biggest problem will be the x7900 ! I can imagine jvc wanting to get rid of that as quick as they can with the confusion its going to cause people :D 

Well, I for one will be 'making' them at those prices so don't stress, we'll be putting together the sharpest offers yet again for a new releases.

As time goes on keep in mind, retail prices can and do change. If our dollar holds steady too and it's really how pricing is recieved.

Edited by oztheatre
frdiay night gramma
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

N5 $8,999

N7 $11,999

N9 $25,999 

Z1 $34,995 (Rio)

Not going to spend more than double on the N9 and not get a Laser light source, so depending on both the street price and reviews, will go for the N7 and then in a few years when JVC release a N9 with laser at a similar price point or lower, go for that.

Wish the Aussie dollar was higher.

Will still await the final pricing from JVC Australia over the coming weeks as things may change.

Edited by Spizz
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

Gee whiz, 20 kgs.

I ordered earlier in the week the Peerless Peerless-AV PRG Precision Gear Projector Mount from B&H to be ready.  At least it can be used on my current projector and any future projector.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=email&A=details&Q=&sku=525470&is=REG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spizz said:

I ordered earlier in the week the Peerless Peerless-AV PRG Precision Gear Projector Mount from B&H to be ready.  At least it can be used on my current projector and any future projector.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=email&A=details&Q=&sku=525470&is=REG

Yep, a great buy that one.  I bought mine a few years ago and it will remain for many years to come.  I just hope I screwed that noggin in properly...   :lol:

13 minutes ago, Spizz said:

yep will take ~ 22kg fortunately :D 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Do you guys think the n5 will look better then the x7900 even though the native contrast is way higher on the x series? Or does the native 4k make up for it?

like oz said i think its going to be a case of pick your poison .. you cant have it both :D