2019 - 2020 projector releases ?

Yeah  was set on the N5 but at the projected prices it’s way out of my league. Hard to decide on 5900 ($4k), 7900 ($6k) or 9900 ($6.8k). If I go the 7900 you better off paying a little extra for the 9900.  Hopefully the 7900 gets a huge price drop like the US, but doubt JVC AU will

I don’t know about that. I think it will still come down further. I’ve bought the 9900 and am extremely happy. Had my 500 for a number of years and was hanging out for jvc 4K but really expensive and we don’t know if the contrast is going be as good as the eshift models are. I’ll stick this with one and hopefully grab a NX9 before I retire.

18 hours ago, Javs said:

They are already here, N5 and NX9, and have been tested over at a Sydney Post Production house against the Z1 and X9900.

And no, JVC will never give me one. Seriously, I am happy to just wait the few weeks to have one in my actual room.

Are they planning to do anything with them as jvc is doing in Europe and Japan with dealer and end users getting to experience ? Or just planning to keep to them selves

on other news I spoke to a westan representative at the show today. It happens they actually made efforts to fly over a Epson 9400 for people to experience at the show, but unfortunately some how it got lost in transit ... full marks for trying anyhow. No doubt they value their end users and potential customers experiencing their product. They had the 9300 there still, while not quite contrast wise am used to. Still looked great for detail and naturalness of picture.

jvc no where to be seen st the show. Non interest obviously. Was only some years ago I remember them going to some effort to demo at our local show with scope screen and projector isf calibrated ... looked stunning ...as with years earlier with demo of the xx5 series which I bought my x35 on back off.

as happens there is another show in melbourne in a weeks time. No idea if jvc has any Plans or interest to show their new projectors as they have done at other overseas shows so far...

i did get to see a 4K optima at the show, but unfortunately couldn’t help catching rainbows 

the massive barco at the Krix demo though was absolutely stunning on the 6m wide screen they were using.

further confirmation from ozhdht on avs, good to hear on the "testing by a few local post houses" - I hope that means dealers, end users.

"I did hear directly from JVC yesterday, which is why I posted about it this morning. To reiterate what I was told, JVC are only getting two demo units in next few weeks and do not now anticipate any stock to arrive till late November or even into Early Dec."

"Ok that’s interesting. Kind of odd really given my JVC contact is at the top of the pro division and said to me only yesterday in regards to the two not for sale units they were quote getting shortly were for testing by a few local post houses? I find it really odd that he’d misstate that if they’d actually already arrived and were in the hands of those prod houses"

this is good news too from kris deering, I do hope Tom is indeed reviewing the N7,

"I am reviewing the NX9/3000. I think Tom may be doing the N7, but not 100% sure. 

I've never had to worry about pissing off advertisers, I don't sell ads or make any money off them. I get paid the same for a review if I like a product or hate it. The only product I've reviewed recently that I thought was in bad shape was the BenQ 9050. It had A LOT of issues."

Al,

All these cut and pastes from AVS are not helping StereoNet... Think about it mate.

All you are doing is pushing people to go to AVS to get information rather than here. Every day you are posting 'soundbytes' from AVS direct quotes. This seems to be a thread where I can come and read footnotes on what has been said over on AVS...  Does that make sense? Not trying to have a go, but mate, its pretty odd every time I come here there is commentary from AVS verbatim pasted here.

Shouldnt we have an actual separate, standalone discussion here?

'Post Houses' are exactly that mate, they are not dealers, nor end users. They are professional cinema post productio houses doing editing or grading. As such, like I have always said, its a major reason why JVC are using full 4K DCI panel sizes 4096x2160, and not only UHD 3840x2160.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Javs said:

Al,

All these cut and pastes from AVS are not helping StereoNet... Think about it mate.

All you are doing is pushing people to go to AVS to get information rather than here. Every day you are posting 'soundbytes' from AVS direct quotes. This seems to be a thread where I can come and read footnotes on what has been said over on AVS...  Does that make sense? Not trying to have a go, but mate, its pretty odd every time I come here there is commentary from AVS verbatim pasted here.

Shouldnt we have an actual separate, standalone discussion here?

'Post Houses' are exactly that mate, they are not dealers, nor end users. They are professional cinema post productio houses doing editing or grading. As such, like I have always said, its a major reason why JVC are using full 4K DCI panel sizes 4096x2160, and not only UHD 3840x2160.

You or anyone are welcome to post anything and everything from anywhere avs included. We don’t give two hoots where takes anyone forum or otherwise. Not everyone are members of everywhere or follow everything. Quite happy for anyone to post anything from anywhere. Avs Av forums Italian forums, French forums what ever ..,we don’t care !

if have something of value and again don’t give two hoots from where it’s coming from feel free to post here and I for one don’t give a flying if it’s just a quote. Am sure we can sort out the wheat from the chaff

given we have NOTHING in this country as yet first hand. ANYTHING is better than NOTHING to help understanding and doesn’t matter the source.

“Post Houses' are exactly that mate, they are not dealers, nor end users. They are professional cinema post productio houses doing editing or grading. As such, like I have always said, its a major reason why JVC are using full 4K DCI panel sizes 4096x2160, and not only UHD 3840x2160.”

Thanks, do they provide feed back ? Do we know anyone there ? Are there any insights they can provide.

do jvc have any plans to demo these here locally at ANY stage pre release to dealers and end users ? As they are doing overseas in Europe and Japan ?

THEN we will have some of our OWN first hand insights pre release. Till then expect ALL we will ever see here are insights from others overseas, Get used to it if nothing changes locally.

10 minutes ago, :) al said:

Thanks, do they provide feed back ? Do we know anyone there ? Are there any insights they can provide.

do jvc have any plans to demo these here locally at ANY stage pre release to dealers and end users ? As they are doing overseas in Europe and Japan ?

THEN we will have some of our OWN first hand insights pre release. Till then expect ALL we will ever see here are insights from others overseas, Get used to it if nothing changes locally.

Yes, they provide feedback directly to JVC. No, realistically we dont know anyone there. I have contacts all over the film industry, but I dont know the names of these companies, and its unlikely I would get any info thats truly useful from them that we dont already know from others who are highly trained in projector technologies that we trust.

Do Sony have plans to demo their projectors before release, do Eposn?  Nope.

JVC are not the only people who dont demo projectors in this country pre-release. I get the frustration, but its how it is. Even if they were, you gonna fly to Sydney Al and see it?

Japan is where these are designed, I would expect them to demo units there just as Krix do demo's here for Audio.

There will be multiple demos' set up at dealers when these are released though. Including one in my room in the Central Coast NSW, anybody is welcome to come and take a look at that time and compare it to an Eshfit 4 unit.

19 minutes ago, Javs said:

Yes, they provide feedback directly to JVC. No, realistically we dont know anyone there. I have contacts all over the film industry, but I dont know the names of these companies, and its unlikely I would get any info thats truly useful from them that we dont already know from others who are highly trained in projector technologies that we trust.

Do Sony have plans to demo their projectors before release, do Eposn?  Nope.

thats a pity dont know anyone there. 

as I mentioned epson indeed and very much did fly one out for the show that is going on NOW in melbourne. but unfortunately it got lost. I saw the epson 9000 series pre release at same show years ago. As I have seen two generations of JVCs and sonys prior at local shows and even at dealers. In fact I have been to a few sony launch events over the years they are actually very good with that with local dealers.

JVC are not the only people who dont demo projectors in this country pre-release. I get the frustration, but its how it is. Even if they were, you gonna fly to Sydney Al and see it?

JVC has prior on more than one occasion. as I have mentioned two generations of them prior and very professionally. and they are doing them overseas., would I go to sydney ? the world doesnt revolve around sydney. I would expect as they are doing over seas in europe and japan,  they woudl hope do in more than one location. with the TON of AV industry and strong dealer network  in melbourne they would be mad not to but that is their call.

Japan is where these are designed, I would expect them to demo units there just as Krix do demo's here for Audio.

sure however they are and have done around the world in other locations already and continuing to do they arent japan centric they are aware just how important their other markets are. I am not really here to argue the toss on this. lets move on.

There will be multiple demos' set up at dealers when these are released though. Including one in my room in the Central Coast NSW, anybody is welcome to come and take a look at that time and compare it to an Eshfit 4 unit.

good to hear :)

In the mean time I am interested in anything pre release as I am sure are others for which I have no doubt would help their purchasing decisions. 

given kris and possibly Toms reviews who knows they might even land those pre release. I am expecting some reviews pre release, am sure they will come in matter of time :)  We might even get them SO late here, we will have a world of info by then from guys overseas :) 

20 hours ago, T800 said:

Yeah  was set on the N5 but at the projected prices it’s way out of my league. Hard to decide on 5900 ($4k), 7900 ($6k) or 9900 ($6.8k). If I go the 7900 you better off paying a little extra for the 9900.  Hopefully the 7900 gets a huge price drop like the US, but doubt JVC AU will

I agree that id pay an extra $800 to get the top model x9900, however im thinking if the rrp of the x7900 went down, then the street price of the x7900 of $6k will go down too? And then the difference will be more then just $800?

But gotta wait and see...

I agree that id pay an extra $800 to get the top model x9900, however im thinking if the rrp of the x7900 went down, then the street price of the x7900 of $6k will go down too? And then the difference will be more then just $800?
But gotta wait and see...
I've been told JVC are waiting until January to look at further price reductions on the eshift models when they will be having an internal review.

In fact, the did just reduce the price on all of them in terms of dealer cost, so that great price you are seeing already is a result of that.

Of course knowing them than could all change at zero notice.
  • Like 2

Could someone fill me in on the projected prices for the new JVC 4k models? I’ve found a retailer who has actually put up prices and the new N5 clocks in at a whopping $9400. Link: https://javelinaudio.com.au/

That would make the decision between the N5 and X5900 an easy one. I’m just not sure if those are realistic prices or just made up. 

Edit: Just saw that Javs must be working there. Can I get some advise please?

Edited by Wallace666

Latest from JVC Australia is Mid November for arrival and release. Still waiting on pricing to be finalised and more importantly dealer pricing, which will dictate we can actually 'sell' these things at...

No Demo units available to view, I was told it would have to be through a dealer, which is obviously going to be me for those up in the Central Coast area when the time comes.

Edited by Javs

11 hours ago, Wallace666 said:

Could someone fill me in on the projected prices for the new JVC 4k models? I’ve found a retailer who has actually put up prices and the new N5 clocks in at a whopping $9400. Link: https://javelinaudio.com.au/

That would make the decision between the N5 and X5900 an easy one. I’m just not sure if those are realistic prices or just made up. 

Edit: Just saw that Javs must be working there. Can I get some advise please?

Yes I am Javelin Audio.

Yes the eshift models are on sale.

The native 4K pricing is placeholder, subject to official release. Its going to be very close, or exactly the price based on information I have from multiple sources. Yes, unless things change, the N5 will be around that number.

Yes mid November is correct at this stage.. Which is actually about a month and bit earlier than usual... We usually see these, for many years in fact, around xmas time or just before. So I think we're a little early expecting stock and reviews to be rolling out. And given this is a complete new design, it should not surprise us if the delays are even longer. They'll be not wanting a repeat of last years dramas that's for sure.

I'll put up a new forum special for these, just PM me privately for further details when the time comes.

• Like 1

And can get the 9900 down to a record low price point at this stage. PM for details.

There are 14 left in Australia with 3 more coming, then it 'should' run out from there.

X7900 they have around 5-8 left with 'some' coming to our shores in December/January.

I believe the X7900 will remain in production until March 2019, same as the Z1. Then what who knows.

1 minute ago, oztheatre said:

I believe the X7900 will remain in production until March 2019, same as the Z1. Then what who knows.

New Z1/Z2 on the horizon.  That will be interesting.    I wonder if JVC will also introduce a more affordable laser model at that time too.

2 hours ago, oztheatre said:

JVC will have a big gap in their product range if the only thing below the ~$9400 N5 is their DLP offering (which doesn't live up to their usual contrast standards).

From a consumer point of view that may not be a bad thing, as likely to put downwards pressure on N5 pricing.

17 hours ago, Wallace666 said:

Has anyone armwrestled Klapp AV here in Melbs by any chance? Would pull the trigger on the x7900 for 5.5k I think....

can we keep the non 2019 projector release talk out of this thread please. plenty of threads on older gen. as far as arm wrestling, yes they are just same as any retailer. matter of what you can negotiate.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

JVC will have a big gap in their product range if the only thing below the ~$9400 N5 is their DLP offering (which doesn't live up to their usual contrast standards).

From a consumer point of view that may not be a bad thing, as likely to put downwards pressure on N5 pricing.

yep I cant see n5 staying up there....

I can only imagine a n3 in the future ... though not sure if it will be 2019 :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spizz said:

Looks like the pricing for the N9 is going to be worse than the $24,999 mentioned earlier in this thread.   $26,799 according to post on AVS.    Yikes.

yep as per OZHDHT from his jvc pro contact he quotes RRP as  ? 

Just MSRP(RRP) released to date:

DLA N5 $ 9;399.00

DLA N7 $ 11,999.00

DLA N9 $ 26,799.00

• Like 1