Woodyo

Fuzzy and in and out picture

Gday all,

So I got my projector from the repair. Seems to work fine for a bit. The picture comes and goes. Black screen. But now it apears to go a fuzzy picture.

Have people experience this before? Is it a dub hdmi? I had to replace a small 70cm one from the wall hdmi junction box to the projector. I put the new one in and now this after a period of time.eea0f9d1af7563e27709074156d3f612.jpgceb7d180b735a2e57d7795cec81421ab.jpg

Could well be a cable or wall plate issue.  I'm not a fan of wall plates as they're just another source of problems - do you have enough slack with the in-wall cable to remove the wall plate and connect directly?

Could well be a cable or wall plate issue.  I'm not a fan of wall plates as they're just another source of problems - do you have enough slack with the in-wall cable to remove the wall plate and connect directly?
Thanks Quark, im going out today and buy a 6m hdmi and scrap the wall plate. So I can hook in directly. Hopefully it works.

1 hour ago, Woodyo said:
10 hours ago, Quark said:

Thanks Quark, im going out today and buy a 6m hdmi and scrap the wall plate. So I can hook in directly. Hopefully it works.

Sounds good - just grab a brush plate like this to cover the hole in the wall.

I actually went to Selby, got that brush plate. New 8m hdmi ugly cable... and it turns out that its my marantz 5010 amp thats the problem.

2 hours ago, Woodyo said:

I actually went to Selby, got that brush plate. New 8m hdmi ugly cable... and it turns out that its my marantz 5010 amp thats the problem.

Have you tried a different HDMI output port on the Marantz? Not unusual to have a port die after hotplugging or a nearby lightning strike, but doesn't always take the whole HDMI board.

It does work, but it drops out. After the amp im guessing gets warm. No hdmi detected.

Its got me stumped.

Not good, sounds like service time.

Dang... see how it goes.