Technics SP10 mk2 remote

Does anyone know how does Technics SP10 mk2 remote function? I plan to make something to replicate it if possible. It just uses a 2 pole headphone jack to connect to the turntable and doesn't look like it's powered by battery do I assume only simple circuit there.

why would you want one ?

it's very limited in functionality - all it does it replicate the start/stop button on the sp10, basically putting the button on an extension cord.

you still have to get up to cue/lift the tonearm.

?

By 2-pole I'm assuming you mean a mono jack?  If so, all the circuit would do would be to short the jack. 

Experiment - plug a jack into the socket, and see what happens when you short the jack with a piece of wire.  If a short contact turns the tt on/off, then a momentary button would suit.  If it requires shorting for the turntable to run, an on/off switch would do the trick. 

And here is what the original remote control looked like:

Edited by audiofeline
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelw said:

why would you want one ?

it's very limited in functionality - all it does it replicate the start/stop button on the sp10, basically putting the button on an extension cord.

you still have to get up to cue/lift the tonearm.

?

It's because of my new plinth. I want to rotate the orientation of the deck so the button would be at the back. This is because the possition of my main arm

5 hours ago, audiofeline said:

By 2-pole I'm assuming you mean a mono jack?  If so, all the circuit would do would be to short the jack. 

Experiment - plug a jack into the socket, and see what happens when you short the jack with a piece of wire.  If a short contact turns the tt on/off, then a momentary button would suit.  If it requires shorting for the turntable to run, an on/off switch would do the trick. 

And here is what the original remote control looked like:

Good tips will give it a go thanks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mloutfie said:

It's [the interest in a remote is] because of my new plinth. I want to rotate the orientation of the deck so the button would be at the back. This is because the possition of my main arm

There is nothing like the satisfaction gained by customizing something for your own needs.