Optical Digital x2

Arcam Music Streaming via app

Arcam control app

Digital Radio

Powered 2nd Zone

Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio decoding plus legacy formats

Arcam Room Eq system with included microphone

Notes:

Functionality wise this receiver hasn't skipped a beat for me and I've enjoyed every second its been in my system. It was my first really musical receiver that i owned and gee did it leave my previous Pioneer receiver for dead when it came to music! A real eye opener and game changer for me at the time. Having just taken the photos its an impressive looking unit too!

Those that know me or have purchased from me know i look after my gear like gold! So I was shattered when over the course of a few months i had two of the rear RCA plugs come lose when i was removing cables from the rear of the unit. The last one was the subwoofer output which happened when i was packing the unit up to swap it out for another receiver, real impressed!

The Faults in detail

- Subwoofer Output RCA plug is loose (see pics - it is in the unit but sitting out from the back slightly)

- SAT input RCA plug is loose (see pics - it is in the unit but sitting out from the back slightly)

- Some transformer hum, just noticed it when powered on for pics, didn't notice it when in use, could just be DC hum in my house??

Buy this receiver if:

- You were thinking of buying an Arcam 2ch integrated, you'll save hundreds of dollars and get an inbuilt streamer, inbuilt DAC, tuner, control app, 2nd powered zone.

- You don't need the .1 subwoofer output, everything else works perfect!

- You are handy with a soldering iron, i'm not but couldn't imagine it would be a hard fix for someone that has skills.

- You want to run a multi-room system to 2 zones.

- Remote, power cable, microphone included, Remote is showing signs of wear.

Pricing

The unit has been priced at about 50% less than it would be worth if the RCA plugs were in tact, if they aren't a concern grab yourself a great deal, its certainly the cheapest modern HDMI equipped Arcam AVR i have ever seen for sale.

Pictures:

Arcam Front.JPG

Arcam Front 1.JPG

Arcam Rear.JPG

Arcam access.JPG

Arcam jack 1.JPG

Arcam Jack 2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...