SOLD

Item: Primare A30.5 MKII

Price: $1250

Item Condition: 8/10

Reason for selling: NLR

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (+3% or friend)

Extra Info: Item can be posted in original packaging (30kg), Item can be auditioned.

Extra Info: Postage to be discussed

Up for sale is a 5 channel mono design power amplifier from Primare.

Each channel has its own toroidal power transformer and capacity bank.

"Rather than using a single large transformer, as is typical in multichannel amplifiers,

the A30.5 has a separate toroidal transformer for each channel; this could be described

as "quintuple-mono construction." There is also an emphasis on current capability, with a total of 40 amps on tap"

The Amp is 7 years old and in good working condition, there is however a small scratch on the front panel as shown in the picture. It has been boxed up for the past 3 years due to house move renovations etc. NLR as I am not pursuing an Atmos setup anymore.

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

Surprised this didn’t sport balanced inputs?
It was designed to go with the SP31 which was based on the balanced Pre30 with additional +5 channels. You would buy the balanced A30.2 for your front channels and stereo listening and then add the A30.3 or A30.5 for the additional surround channels.

Not a bad concept as a truly fully balanced mult-channel power amplifier would probably eat you wallet alive.

Thanks that makes sense, I noticed the 30.7 for sale in another thread does have balanced hence the question

Many types of equipment these days provide balanced inputs or outputs, but most of them wil simply reverse mirror a single signal to make use of the balanced cable connection. The equipment in use will simply use a single signal unless it is a truly balanced design.

Balanced cables can be run over longer lengths without degradation, but for home use we seldom reach the technical limitations of a single ended cable. So 95% of the time it's just marketing.

Edit:

Wether this signal conversion has a negative impact or not depends on the design implementation.

I use balanced cables myself for the simple reason that plug and connector are a solid design, compared to RCA where the cable and plug sort of hang onto the connector which need to support all the weight and movement. Just my preference.