Spider27

Home Security Advice

1 hour ago, jakeyb77 said:

oh and I’ve seen your dog 😂

He was wet that day shrunk a fair bit!

Edited by kab

I'd be painting the areas all around the top of the entry fence and exit fence with some good ol "vandal grease" it's been a great deterrent to the wandering grubs where i used to live in the UK since the mid 80's.

2 minutes ago, TOPSHELF said:

I'd be painting the areas all around the top of the entry fence and exit fence with some good ol "vandal grease" it's been a great deterrent to the wandering grubs where i used to live in the UK since the mid 80's.

Thanks for the suggestion. The non-drying paint is big no no from wife so no go on that one.

Actually, we put tall bamboo screening all around fence and it stopped people from outside peeping in and climbing over and we did not have intruders since as far as I am aware of. And, put wireless monitoring cam outside just in case. :) 

Glad you have it all sorted, i have been reading up on the wireless security camera suggestions in this thread so thank you to all for the tips.

I wanted to put in an alarm system and Jaycar happen to have a good one at a reasonable price. It is all wireless and is crazy dead simple to setup. 

A central control unit is battery backed and can run for days with no mains power and all sensors and alarms are battery operated. No wires. There are door and motion sensors and multiple remotes. To add a sense simply put the control unit in add new sensor mode and put a battery in the device. The main unit couples to it instantly. Even alarming devices with high db alarms and flashing blue lights are easily added. 

Panic options, disable options send texts and emails when there is a report it is all handled and at no cost. An excellent, expandable and cheap system. Love it.