LWA Staff

SOLD: Bowers & Wilkins 684 S1 Loud Speakers

Item: Bowers & Wilkins 684 S1 Loud Speakers
Location: Len Wallis Audio HQ, 64 Burns Bay Road,  Lane Cove NSW
Price: $700
Item Condition: Excellent Second Hand Condition
Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, Credit Cards, Bank Transfer
Extra Info:
Finished in easy-on-the-eye cherrywood, the 684 is a well known two-and-a-half-way design supported by B&W’s iconic woven Kevlar drivers and aluminum dome tweeter. These examples are in excellent condition and will not disappoint at this price.
Shipping: We can ship to anywhere in Australia, POA
Pictures:

SN_B&W_684_S1_1.jpg

SN_B&W_684_S1_2.jpg

SN_B&W_684_S1_3.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DIY freak
      So Im only 15 but Im getting sucked into the DIY hifi and audio stuff. I want to make a medium sized 2.0 stereo system using low end Peerless and Daichi components.
      links:
      https://www.wagneronline.com.au/daichi-1-titanium-dome-wide-frame/daichi-universal-series/daichi-universal/speaker-drivers/audio-speakers-pa/dt700-6994/3075/pd/
      https://www.wagneronline.com.au/peerless-by-tymphany-6-mid-woofer-sds-paper/speaker-drivers/audio-speakers-pa/830657-67560/975521/pd/

Is their any advice for when i eventually make these, components etc.

Im probably going to use 16mm mdf, is that thick enough??
      And what size enclosure and port is suitable for these drivers??

I was thinking of making the front baffle around the same dimensions as an A4 piece of paper.

hopefully all good results, with the drivers n all but knowing me lol.

I have made other speakers before, so don't cut short on the geeky side.

DIY freak

• By gypr1961
      Item: Avantgarde Zero 1 XD Active Speakers DSP
      Price: $18,000 
      Item Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: Time for a change
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

These are the top of the line model, above the pro model and come with DSP, digital and an analogue (A/D card) for turntables etc.

They are incredibly dynamic! They sound just as good when theyre shaking the house or playing whisper quiet. 

I have all original packing

As im going to need a complete new system Im happy to look at trades + cash

Specs can be found here https://www.avantgarde-acoustic.de/en/products/zero-serie/zero-1-xd.html

• By Yardbird
      Item: Trevor Lees Floor standing speakers
      Price: $150
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: suit someone with better skills than me
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: bought these off another member in poor condition both the cabinets and drivers. They cost a heap more than what I'm now selling for. I have since spent many hours and money getting these going again including a restore on the cabinets themselves. 
      I have replaced all the foam surrounds, dust caps around the drivers and inspected the crossovers and resecured etc. Got the speakers working again but I then broke on wire to the voice coil of one of the drivers (check photo) so I'm over these now.
      An easy fix for someone with the ability. Or a new replacement drive is about $120 local which makes these still crazy cheap. Cabinets are good in condition and this is a quick fix to get a Proac sound. 
      No grills.
      Photos: 

• By olegau
      Item: HiFi stereo system
      Price: 1200
      Item Condition: very good
      Reason for selling: too many stereo systems
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Carefully selected Hi-Fi stereo system. All in good condition and working order.

Separated sale:

1. ROTEL RA-980BX Integrated Amplifier $390
      The amp was checked and serviced recently.
      It has OP amp sockets, DIYer could change the OP amps to get different sound. Open the the top cover and then change the OP-Amp you like.
      There are three pairs of Ops: original AD712 (vintage sift sound, JRC4558 (modern  more clean and detailed sound) and LM4562 (bit more detaied). Currently installed LM4562. Many other OP-Amp suits for this amp.. 
      Power output: 100 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.03%
      Dimensions: 440 x 121 x 347mm
      Weight: 10.1kg
      https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/rotel/ra-980.shtml
      Example:

2. Speakers: Ascension Woodfox Ribbon 822SRTL Bookshelf Speakers. $890
      Dimentions: 500 H, 270mm W and 315mm Depth. Weight is approximately 18kg each. High quality woofer using an Papyrus cone, ribbon tweeter, Rose Mahogany Veneer.
      Two years old.
      Power 120W
      8 ohms
      Sensitivity 91db

3.  Sold.  Subwoofer: Infinity Primus PS-8 $170
      See spec attached
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Midget
      Item: ELAC FS 247 Floorstanding Speakers
      Location: Terrigal Central Coast NSW (Will ship Australia wide)
      Price: $2400 $1985 + Shipping (includes $20 donation)
      Item Condition: Used. Smoke, pet, child free owner. Very minor micro abrasions on top surface and minor fading to fabric grill, excellent condition.
      Reason for selling: Downsized to a smaller apartment
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Each box is 110x40x30cm with a weight of 20.2kg, Made in Germany

System type 2.5-way Enclosure type Bass-reflex Frequency response ± 3dB 30 - 50000 Hz Nominal impedance 4 Ohm Amplifier Requirements 30 - 250 W Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 89 dB Tweeter JET III Woofer 2 x 150 mm (6 in.) AS-XR cone Dimensions (H x W x D) 1022 x 170 x 270 mm / 40.24 x 6.69 x 10.63 in. Weight 17,8 kg / 37.4 lbs.