Sign in to follow this  
reflux075

Primaluna Service in Melbourne

Hi peeps,

Any sugguestions as to where I can get a PrimaLuna preamp serviced in Melbourne? Many thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By synthz
      Item: Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre-amplifier
      Price: $2,600 (RRP $4,195)
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: It's pretty hard for me to let this go, but rather than being unused it's probably better to have a new home. My power amp is using XLR/Balanced only connection so I had to use my other preamp. All tubes are standard stock primaluna tubes. It's going to be hard for you to get this quality gear at this price, it's almost half price from the RRP of $4,195.  I'm the 2nd owner.

The PrimaLuna brand has been making waves in the High end Audio industry for producing premium built products that perform to a standard well beyond their peers at the same price point.
      The PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre-Amp is a wonderfully detailed and warm sound with plenty of treble extension and air. The soundstage that this tube pre-amp presents is huge!
      This is an excellent valve pre-amp that is super quiet/low noise, a nice dash of the famous tube warmth all with fabulous frequency extension both in lowest bass power and highest, airiest treble.
      Featuring dual pre-outs, Home Theatre bypass functionality and an awesome sound here is your chance to save a bundle.

I would like to do PICK UP ONLY - No Shipping. 

http://www.primaluna-usa.com/dialogue-premium-preamplifier

Review:

• By Nick1000
      Item: For sale is my much loved PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier with KT120, KT77 and EL34 Tubes.
      Price: $2,550
      Item Condition: The amplifier is in excellent condition and has been meticulously looked after, there is one minor surface scratch on the tube cage, however this is not very noticeable.
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info:
      Accompanying the amplifier are:
      Matched quads of power tubes Tung-Sol KT120, Genalex KT77, PrimaLuna El34 and PrimaLuna stock 12AU7’s for the gain and driver tubes.  The amplifier was not used heavily and is easy on the tubes, so there will be plenty of life left in all the tubes. Slimline heavy duty remote control.   There are many great reviews on the PrimaLuna Prologue Premium if you search around the Web.
      I am the original owner and purchased the amplifier new 2 years ago from Class A Audio.
      I have the box and packaging as well as the instruction manual and will consider couriering at the buyer’s risk where the buyer organises and provides confirmation of shipping insurance.
      I plan to sell the amplifier and tubes as a package and will not separate.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Rockster
      Item: PrimaLuna EL34 - Matched Quad
      Condition and Description: Excellent, bought new from Class A Audio, to try an EL34. I also had KT77’s so didn’t use these much, they probably have had less than 10 hours use.
      Price: $175 - Price Reduced (for the quad)

Item: PSvane 12AU7-TII – Two pairs available
      Condition and Description: Excellent, bought from a fellow SNAer about two years ago with less than 100 hours on them. Used them for another 30 hours before settling on the Gold Lions.
      Price: $70 per pair

Item: Tung-Sol 6SN7-GTB – One pair
      Condition and Description: Excellent, purchased new for my Icon Audio ST60 MK3 but ended up getting a pair of PSvane CV181’s instead so they were used for less than 50 hours.
      Price: $50 per pair

Reason for selling: I'm selling off most of my valve collection now as I’ve settled on an amp that only uses 6922’s. All the valves listed, with the exception of the 6SN7’s, were only used in my PrimaLuna Dialogue which is notoriously easy on valves.
      Payment: Paypal, Cash - Pickup, or Australia Post COD.

A relevant donation will be made to SNA after the sale.

Pictures:

• By Snoopy8
      Item: Primaluna Dialogue Premium Valve Line Stage Preamp
      Price:  $3,500 $3,250( RRP $4,195) plus including free shipping to major cities and regional centres in Australia; SNA donation on completion of sale
      Item Condition: Near new
      Reason for selling: Simplification of music chain
      Payment Method: Pickup with cash, otherwise Bank Transfer
      Extra Info: 
      I bought this preamp in Dec 2018, so it is almost new. It replaced an Audio Research LS17SE.

What impressed me was its dead quiet background and its ability to control all elements of the sound stage, making the resolution superb. The warmth and musicality it gave my setup was excellent. Oh, it also has 6 tubes that you can indulge in tube rolling.  If buyer is interested, can include 2 almost new pairs of 12AU7 PSVane tubes (used for less than 20 hours,) and 2 pairs of 12AU7 GE NOS tubes, used for testing.  The 4 pairs of tubes will cost an additional $150 when purchased together with the preamp (Paid $455 for tubes).  Will sell 4 pairs of tubes separately as a package for $300. 

www.primaluna-usa.com/dialogue-premium-preamplifier

While it is difficult to ignore (& you may even hate!) Ken Deal’s bombastic American pitch in the video, he does make some good points about how well built it is as an analogue device and why it sounds so good.

Reviews here
      www.primaluna-usa.com/reviews-dialogue-premium-preamplifier

Warranty is 2 years for original owner only. If the buyer is in Melbourne or in country Victoria, it will be relatively easy for me to lodge a warranty claim with the retailer.  However, if the buyer is interstate and prepared to ship this 30 kg package to me to lodge the warranty claim, I will consider the offer. Of course, let’s assume it will run without problems.

Please note that there is no manual, despite being listed as in the box in the electronic copy. 

Shipping is extra with original packaging.

Pictures:

• By Rtd999
      Item: Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated Amplifier with over $1k of extra tubes
      Price: 3200
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Change of direction
      Extra Info: 1st owner of this lovely amplifier that works flawlessly.  Just over a year old. Includes the following tubes for you to find the sound you like (I've mostly been using the KT120's with nos Mullards -

Matched quad Gold Lion KT77
      Matched quad Gold Lion KT88
      Matched quad Tung-Sol KT120
      6 x Primaluna 12AU7
      4 x nos Brimar CV4003
      2 x nos 1960's Blackburn Mullard ECC82
      2 x nos 1964 RCA Cleartop 12AU7
      2 x PSVANE 12AU7 -TII

Remote control & gloves for tube handling also included as well as a few spare fuses.  I have the original box, but would prefer pickup due to weight.  Can send at buyers risk using Pack & Send.  Last package I sent around this weight was just over $200 with insurance etc.  Cheers

Pictures: