Accuphase E-470 pairing with Dynaudio

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any exposure/experience driving Dyns with Accuphase.  I have the Contour s5.4 myself and have auditioned the Accuphase E-470 with C2's.  Personally I really loved the sound.  Also tried the Luxman L-509x and Pass Labs X250.8 and while each had its merits I preferred the Accuphase.  The C2 at 87db are in theory similar to drive from the Amps perspective as the 5.4 (also 87db based on the Dyns site) I have some reservations that the Accuphase my be a little under powered and not able to deliver the current the Dyns require.  I have read the thread on the Accuphase and B&W 802D/804D and how this Amp may struggle driving these speakers.  Will the Dyns cause similar problems for the Accuphase?

Any advice/help/experience appreciated.

Cheers

Absolutely no chance you’ll have a problem, unless your room is huge. I heard the new Contour 60 driven by the class A, Accuphase A47 and they sounded sublime. Given the 470 is A/B you’ll have no trouble. The E470 is an incredible sounding amp and Accuphase and Dynaudio have great synergy. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I had an Accuphas E470 driving Dyn Contour 5.4 LE(I could have that model no.wrong) The Dyn,s have great imaging better than average resolution I found they were slightly lean sounding though I eventually partnered the Accuphase with Ayon Blackarrows (a lot more expensive yes) and got a fatter sound but traded in the exceptional imaging of the Dyn,s I preferred the sound thru the Ayons myself but it is dependant on musical taste room size etc as you would know. The Accuphase should be happy driving all but the most hungry beasts it all comes down to the sonic you’re after I guess

• 1 year later...

I had the same concern with my C2 Platinums and Asiru was very accommodating and brought the Accuphase A70 he was selling to my house for a test.  No problems at all, a welcome update on my Bryston 4BSST especially at lower volumes.  The Accuphase stayed, what a wonderful amp.  The Dynaudio are 4ohm so the A70 powers them at 150w, i have seen it peaking in the 190w's on the front dials.

Edited by Rosco8