Killing Eve

Guest Peter the Greek

Its ok....we watched it all on iview (is it still available). I can't say I like her character all that much, but it was entertaining enough.

They released the whole season for binge watchers

I liked the first show, I cant work out if the musical score is clever (evil song words) or irritating (seems loud and sometimes overpowering for the scene). Good to see 'Martyn' again, haha (The Bridge) amongst other characters from Broadchurch and Fortitude. We will definitely watch the series, main actress if very good!

On 28/07/2018 at 8:40 AM, Darren69 said:

I liked the first show, I cant work out if the musical score is clever (evil song words) or irritating (seems loud and sometimes overpowering for the scene). Good to see 'Martyn' again, haha (The Bridge) amongst other characters from Broadchurch and Fortitude. We will definitely watch the series, main actress if very good!

Yeah, great show, Daz.  :thumb:  But I wouldn't have called the music 'loud'??  (Maybe you're just getting old and crabby?? :P )

Main actress - you mean Sandra Oh ... or the contract killer?  I agree with Fred - I think others could've played Sandra Oh's character better.  But the contract killer is sensational!  :)

Andy

• Haha 1

Guest Peter the Greek
20 hours ago, frednork said:

Sandra Oh was the low point for us. miscast if you asked me

I agree 100%, its probably the reason I was lukewarm on the show

4 minutes ago, Peter the Greek said:

I agree 100%, its probably the reason I was lukewarm on the show

1 hour ago, andyr said:

Yeah, great show, Daz.  :thumb:  But I wouldn't have called the music 'loud'??  (Maybe you're just getting old and crabby?? :P )

Main actress - you mean Sandra Oh ... or the contract killer?  I agree with Fred - I think others could've played Sandra Oh's character better.  But the contract killer is sensational!  :)

Andy

I suspect they were trying to ensure an American audience

Guest Peter the Greek
5 minutes ago, frednork said:

She's just so "meh...." cant act all that well, annoying nuances from her Grey's Anatomy character, nothing to look at.....

Guest jakeyb77
44 minutes ago, frednork said:

37 minutes ago, Peter the Greek said:

She's just so "meh...." cant act all that well, annoying nuances from her Grey's Anatomy character, nothing to look at.....

Firstly she’s Canadian. So how that helps Americans relate I’m not so sure. She’s also won Golden Globes, Emmy’s and Screen Actor Guild awards. 

Sorry you find her “nothing to look at”. The women in your life would be so proud. 

I found her very good in the role and her acting supported the quirkiness of Jodie Comer’s character very well. 

Edited by jakeyb77

1 hour ago, Jakeyb77 said:

Firstly she’s Canadian. So how that helps Americans relate I’m not so sure. She’s also won Golden Globes, Emmy’s and Screen Actor Guild awards. 

Shes not exactly unkown in the US. 10 seasons on Greys anatomy would probably help them relate. not to mention the GG's emmys etc

Guest Peter the Greek

I just don't have an appreciation for what she does......Although, trying to be objective about this, I suppose she played the character well - pretty ditzy, coming a bit more "hardcore"

....I just don't like the character I suppose.

The show was entertaining enough though

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the main actress' Jodie Comer's performance, very good/psychotic with some hilarious moments ('you smell like cabbage!!'...boogly eyes).

The relationship with Kim Bodnia's character was also very intriguing, Bodnia at his usual excellence.

But agree, Oh's character was at odds with the rest, IMO and the 'I think I just tried to fart and accidently followed through' facial expression actually grates with me, haha. Still very watchable and I assume a second series to come.

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
3 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

'I think I just tried to fart and accidently followed through' facial expression actually grates with me, haha. Still very watchable and I assume a second series to come.

Happens to the best of us past 40 

24 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

Happens to the best of us past 40 

Grandpa Simpson in back seat of car- I think I'm sitting in an Apple Pie!!

Marge Simpson- There's no Apple Pie back there Grandpa.'

Grandpa Simpson- Oh dear...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I just watched the season through of this on blu ray. Enjoyed it. I think sound wise the dialogue on the DTS-MA track is not recorded/mixed very well and comes across very thin. For this day and age it should’ve been better, especially with the video quality which was crisp and colourful. The choice of music is nice at times I thought. A good show, but not for anyone sensitive to violence.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
21 minutes ago, PKay said:

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll have a look at it. 

I can't praise it enough, when it comes to crazy femme fatales, have never seen a better job done than the one by Jodie Comer's character.

• Like 3