Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Its ok....we watched it all on iview (is it still available). I can't say I like her character all that much, but it was entertaining enough.

 

They released the whole season for binge watchers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andyr said:

Have it taped,

 

 

Analogue video?  Hardcore...

 

😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I’ve seen some. Wife saw it all on iview. She thought it was great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the first show, I cant work out if the musical score is clever (evil song words) or irritating (seems loud and sometimes overpowering for the scene). Good to see 'Martyn' again, haha (The Bridge) amongst other characters from Broadchurch and Fortitude. We will definitely watch the series, main actress if very good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kaynin said:

 

Analogue video?  Hardcore...

 

😬

 

Aah, no, K.  :)  'Taped' using my crappy Foxtel IQ3!

 

Andy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be warned, very black, high body count, couldn't quite come to terms with all the offhand killings.

Don't think the tongue in cheek black humour comes off that well, psychopath indeed!

Another iView offering that's rather clever The Detectorists

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/detectorists

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Loved it Daz! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed it, Sandra Oh was the low point for us. miscast if you asked me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/07/2018 at 8:40 AM, Darren69 said:

I liked the first show, I cant work out if the musical score is clever (evil song words) or irritating (seems loud and sometimes overpowering for the scene). Good to see 'Martyn' again, haha (The Bridge) amongst other characters from Broadchurch and Fortitude. We will definitely watch the series, main actress if very good!

Yeah, great show, Daz.  :thumb:  But I wouldn't have called the music 'loud'??  (Maybe you're just getting old and crabby?? :P )

 

Main actress - you mean Sandra Oh ... or the contract killer?  I agree with Fred - I think others could've played Sandra Oh's character better.  But the contract killer is sensational!  :)

 

Andy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, frednork said:

Sandra Oh was the low point for us. miscast if you asked me

I agree 100%, its probably the reason I was lukewarm on the show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, Peter the Greek said:

I agree 100%, its probably the reason I was lukewarm on the show

 

1 hour ago, andyr said:

Yeah, great show, Daz.  :thumb:  But I wouldn't have called the music 'loud'??  (Maybe you're just getting old and crabby?? :P )

 

Main actress - you mean Sandra Oh ... or the contract killer?  I agree with Fred - I think others could've played Sandra Oh's character better.  But the contract killer is sensational!  :)

 

Andy

 

I suspect they were trying to ensure an American audience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, frednork said:

 

I suspect they were trying to ensure an American audience

She's just so "meh...." cant act all that well, annoying nuances from her Grey's Anatomy character, nothing to look at.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, frednork said:

 

I suspect they were trying to ensure an American audience

 

37 minutes ago, Peter the Greek said:

She's just so "meh...." cant act all that well, annoying nuances from her Grey's Anatomy character, nothing to look at.....

 

 

Firstly she’s Canadian. So how that helps Americans relate I’m not so sure. She’s also won Golden Globes, Emmy’s and Screen Actor Guild awards. 

Sorry you find her “nothing to look at”. The women in your life would be so proud. 

I found her very good in the role and her acting supported the quirkiness of Jodie Comer’s character very well. 

Edited by Jakeyb77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jakeyb77 said:

 

Firstly she’s Canadian. So how that helps Americans relate I’m not so sure. She’s also won Golden Globes, Emmy’s and Screen Actor Guild awards. 

Shes not exactly unkown in the US. 10 seasons on Greys anatomy would probably help them relate. not to mention the GG's emmys etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I just don't have an appreciation for what she does......Although, trying to be objective about this, I suppose she played the character well - pretty ditzy, coming a bit more "hardcore"

 

....I just don't like the character I suppose.

 

The show was entertaining enough though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the main actress' Jodie Comer's performance, very good/psychotic with some hilarious moments ('you smell like cabbage!!'...boogly eyes).

 

The relationship with Kim Bodnia's character was also very intriguing, Bodnia at his usual excellence.

 

But agree, Oh's character was at odds with the rest, IMO and the 'I think I just tried to fart and accidently followed through' facial expression actually grates with me, haha. Still very watchable and I assume a second series to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

 'I think I just tried to fart and accidently followed through' facial expression actually grates with me, haha. Still very watchable and I assume a second series to come.

Happens to the best of us past 40 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

Happens to the best of us past 40 

 

Grandpa Simpson in back seat of car- I think I'm sitting in an Apple Pie!!

 

Marge Simpson- There's no Apple Pie back there Grandpa.'

 

Grandpa Simpson- Oh dear...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched the season through of this on blu ray. Enjoyed it. I think sound wise the dialogue on the DTS-MA track is not recorded/mixed very well and comes across very thin. For this day and age it should’ve been better, especially with the video quality which was crisp and colourful. The choice of music is nice at times I thought. A good show, but not for anyone sensitive to violence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoroughly enjoying the new series, an absolute black humour masterpiece. Hope you watching this one @PKay .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Thoroughly enjoying the new series, an absolute black humour masterpiece. Hope you watching this one @PKay .

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll have a look at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PKay said:

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll have a look at it. 

I can't praise it enough, when it comes to crazy femme fatales, have never seen a better job done than the one by Jodie Comer's character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...